Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Thanks AT, Dont know if i found your walled military camp, its on the edge of the wastelands. Didn't see that anyone cut there way in and nothing was searched so i dont know if its the same one. If it is you'll be able to tell i replaced the fence with walls and a door. I dropped my bag in the watchtower, didnt get any time to fortify much. if its the same one there's water just south a big pond.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Budd's going to have the whole map explored before I get back home!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Got to have the calipers :D .... Went through the desert i found no western town. It was a damn tragedy, i had a chest and my bag up in the watch tower and i was reinforcing it and guess what..........collapse... guess it couldnt handle the weight of a metal upgrade, lesson learned....sh*t, wouldnt have been so bad if the chest didnt have everything from the fort in it...damn.... 80 rounds of 7.62, 40 rounds of 10mm, shotugn and 20 shells, and assorted stuff i collected in my travels, all gone. I'll probably leave a bag there as a jumping off point to keep wandering the map. They need to add more POI's, there wasnt squat in the desert just some single houses and one 3 building junction, still havent seen a book store anywhere. Have seen wandering packs of dogs, managed to hide, crossbow aint gonna do it against a pack, lucky i saw them coming.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Well made it to 10000N by 3500E, 10000 in any direction is the radioactive zone.I'm currently 8600N 6200W, im heading for 10000W. I left drops along the way, some better than others. I don't know if we have a bad map seed or what but i've only come across 1 good sized town and a city thats looks like the same size as hub, just left that, it was too hot. Luckily i had a 9mm and some rounds for the dogs as it had been awhile since i dropped a bag. didn't get to map it out before i had to bail but did see 2 book stores and a shotgun messiah, probably a working stiff there too but i didnt see it. I would of risked it for a working stiff  and a chance at calipers, no toolsets yet either. My crossbow broke awhile ago, i'm down to a bow and few rounds for the 9. Forgot iron strips so couldnt repair the crossbow, remembered steel for looting tool repair though.Left the crossbow at a drop with about 90 bolts.Still have some beers for running.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

When I logged on for the first time Monday night it was 21:45h on day 14. Just in time for a blood moon. Lol.  Fortunately, I was spared from suffering a horde in the opening minutes. Was expecting the worst. Still, it was a very long night with nothing more than a can of chilly to protect myself with. Shortly after first light I met my first zombie dog of the campaign...no need explaining how that worked out : )

I spent my first few days up in the north east corner of the map, which appears to be big lake country. Not many POIs up that way. I found three stores at a crossroads near by which had been sacked. Have been camping out in a cave that I've been mining. There is another cave nearby that is loaded with ore that I may not be able to resist. Once I have a good quantity of cement ready I plan to strike off towards hub city and start building a looting base. May be influenced by where others decide to setup camp.

-budd-

we have a temp start base, meaning reinforced, with lots of spikes and tunnels[no outlet yet], and platforms around the house. you could setup there. Snow biome on edge of wasteland, hub city is close by. From 0,0 were about 10:00 if you reach the edge between wasteland and snow biome and follow it you should find it, its well lit on a hill, but i planted trees for wood all around it. I'm up north bunked in a town that is split between green zone and radioactive zone. I'll share the waypoints next time i see you on. Still no calipers or toolset, ive left stashes all over up here and marked them. This map seems to be short of POI's , so far 2 towns, 1 city and that walled miiltary camp. Wonder if that camp is the one AT found.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

is the walled military camp of the variety with sandbags and mines, or something new?

It sounds like the southern half of the map is unexplored. Maybe more towns and the like down there. Or have you visited the lower half too Budd?

Not sure when we'll link up. I hope to scope out hub city when I head in your direction to see if there are any choice spots to setup in like the last time I camped out in the city. Not a single Zed ever breached my bunker that I build into that wall of stone. Don't expect I could get that lucky again...but you never know.

-budd-

#682
Haven't been much south of hub. Seems like I was wrong about the map edge it's not always at 10000, I'm currently at the edge at 8600W.
The military camp has walls and guard towers and barbwire on the walls.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Oh Budd.  I was out scouting around and searched a tree trunk.  Found 62 bullet tips.  Their in the chest with the 110 casings in there :)

I found a crate and got a sniper rifle and 5 rounds of 7.76.

I also found a good vein of coal and iron in the tunnel you had started.  So I've got the first floor walls upgraded.

The garden is going good.  Really need some corn seed though.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Dropped about 100 or so corn in one of my drops in my travels, but damn if i can remember which one. Planned to go back with a mini, but haven't found the mini book yet. Maybe i should risk that city with 2 bookstores, man was that place busy with dogs and hornets and cops and me with a bow and a club.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

We need to get back online at the same time.  There is a shotgun and a few shells at the temp base that may help getting in and out of the city.

The military base you found, would that make a better base then where we have one now.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

depends on what you want to do build wise, it has concrete walls all around, water close by north and south and good hunting and a couple of guard towers. It's also on the edge of the wastelands. I did a hasty fortify replacing the chain link entry  fences with walls and a door. Next time i see you on i'll share all my waypoints. There's no loot as i looted and then the roof of the guard tower came down and destroyed the chest losing everything. I still wonder if it the one AT found or are there more than one. I had about 100+ mines too from 2 military camps, cant remember if i still have those one me or lost them in the collapse.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Well i was on with OJ day 28, got my ass kicked by the horde. I was holed up in another walled camp on the edge of the radioactive zone, in fact a corner of the fort was in the radioactive zone and off limits. Well it was close to horde time and didn't have anywhere else to hole up. I managed to get down 2 rows of spikes and some ladders over the walls just in case, yea, that didnt work out to well. The spider monkey zombie punks pretty much climbed right over the walls and barb wire on top, which i could deal with and then the hornets came, still doing alright with my bow and 40 rounds of 9mm. Then the 9mm ran out. once the bodies started pilling up outside the walls of course the rest of the gang could get over, cops, ferals, ect. Counted 3 feral and i dont know how many cops as i was running around inside with my spiked club trying to stay alive, yea that didnt work out to well. Those spider zombies climbed right up on the roof of the house i was trying to survive on, ran to the guard tower with all manner of zombies chasing me and the ferals climbed the ladder, perhaps i should of taken the bottom rung out. That plan was fubar, i could of just tunneled but sitting it out underground gets old. I thought i was doing alright till about just after 2400, once the bodies piled up and spikes were gone, along with the 9mm and the whole gang was getting over the walls that little voice in my head "budd your Fuc*ing dead" and i was......repeatedly.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.


OJsDad

Budd and I were on at the same time debating who was going to get hit with the day 7 horde.  A few seconds after 2200 he's says 'Yep'.  I zoomed the map in a close as I could on him, and watched him running in circles. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.