Main Menu

Pike and Shot

Started by Rayfer, September 05, 2014, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panzerde

I think we're referring to the Dutch War of Independence, AKA the Eighty Years War, 1568-1648.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

MengJiao

#331
Quote from: panzerde on October 27, 2015, 07:39:54 AM
I think we're referring to the Dutch War of Independence, AKA the Eighty Years War, 1568-1648.

  So Pike and Shot covers it, but Combat Mission doesn't yet.

  PLUS, Pike and Shot got a patch recently and so did SPINTires.  Not that there is any relation.

  Thinking it over, I think DCS might work better for some parts of the Eighty-years War.  For example the giant bomb that blew up the
fortified bridge at Antwerp might work better in DCS than in Combat Mission.

MengJiao

Quote from: panzerde on October 27, 2015, 07:39:54 AM
I think we're referring to the Dutch War of Independence, AKA the Eighty Years War, 1568-1648.

  I've been looking at the community-built scenarios -- Flodden is awesome!

panzerde

Quote from: MengJiao on October 29, 2015, 08:30:14 AM
Quote from: panzerde on October 27, 2015, 07:39:54 AM
I think we're referring to the Dutch War of Independence, AKA the Eighty Years War, 1568-1648.

  I've been looking at the community-built scenarios -- Flodden is awesome!

Yes, I think the community scenarios are far better than the historical scenarios that shipped with the game.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

jomni

Someone released a War of the Roses campaign. Now we have something out of the Medieval Era.  It let's you play the persistent campaign on the England map.  And also skirmish.

Gusington

Is Pike and Shot on Steam? I'm not home to check right now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2015, 09:12:05 AM
Is Pike and Shot on Steam? I'm not home to check right now.

Yes.  It's called Pike and Shot Campaigns.

You can also buy it from Slitherine/Matrix and get both their own client-less version AND Steam key, which is what I tend to do.

Gusington

Thanks Nef, I will take the plunge this weekend.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

Buying from Slitherine and having them issue a Steam key is always a better way to go.

If you decide to mod it, having a non-Steam installations avoids awkward mishaps (like an unintended validation of local Steam files which would wipe out a non-workshop mod).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

FlickJax

It looks like it has come on a lot from when i played the Beta, need a sale though as xmas is wiping me out already!!!!

Gusington

Thanks for the above Philippe.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

Quote from: Philippe on November 06, 2015, 11:21:19 AM
Buying from Slitherine and having them issue a Steam key is always a better way to go.

If you decide to mod it, having a non-Steam installations avoids awkward mishaps (like an unintended validation of local Steam files which would wipe out a non-workshop mod).

Mods are placed in a separate folder in my docs. Changing the core files in Steam or non-Steam game directories are not necessary in most cases.

jomni

Ha.  Someone uploaded a Little Big Horn scenario.  You guys should try it.  O0

JasonPratt

DCS Gundam: One Year War  8) ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni