Star Wars: Battlefront new footage

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 15, 2015, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2015, 05:59:03 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 20, 2015, 05:27:59 AM
Thanks for the impressions....did you have a chance to Play any  single player modes?  If a person only plays single player, worth it?  And within single player, can you fully use vehicles such as dog fighting and such?

The overwhelming  consensus is that sp is totally lacking and a big disappointment. You cannot use vehicles in the battle maps that you play against bots and the best game modes, walker assault and the one on endor are not available in sp.

Thanks and that sucks.....pretty much seals my fate with this game.  Hoping some single player Star Wars games eventually get produced with all the new movies coming out.

W8taminute

Still thinking of getting the game even after watching this video, which by the way makes total sense.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Good video. Thanks for posting. He raises a lot of good points and swung me back over the line of no buy, but I'm so close to the edge....grrrrrrr!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2015, 09:09:51 AM
Good video. Thanks for posting. He raises a lot of good points and swung me back over the line of no buy, but I'm so close to the edge....grrrrrrr!!!

I know what you mean.  I'm so close to buying the game based on my friends recommendation but now after seeing this video I'm torn! 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

Whelp...I held out as long as I could. I just couldn't take it anymore. It kept calling out to me. I ended up buying it from instant games paying $46.

I think the reviews are all fairly accurate. It looks good, sounds good, nails Star Wars and plays very basic. However, one thing the reviewers seem to miss is that it is just a crapload of fun. It doesn't need any mode other than walker assault. I'm having fun with the sp battles. But mp walker assault is absolutely a riot to play. Tie fighters and xwings zooming about, at-ats and at-sts clanking across the field, and all your favorite infantry battling for control. It's really a good time. I play it mostly in relatively small spurts that leave me wanting more when I shut down. It's certainly light, and I'm not sure what kind of longevity it will have, but it's still good for a quick action fix.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

You had me almost back on the fence to buy it...but thankfully when I went to instant-gaming for that price, all sold out:)

W8taminute

I broke down and got it too.  Luckily I had a 25 dollar reward zone coupon at GameStop so I don't regret getting the game.  There is a ton of MP and SP options to play and this title should keep me entertained for what it's worth.  And to all those critics out there who keep comparing this to BF4 with a Star Wars skin I have only this to say.  "You have no idea what you're talking about.  This game is so not BF4 with a Star Wars skin".  Haters gonna hate I guess.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 20, 2015, 05:27:59 AM
Thanks for the impressions....did you have a chance to Play any  single player modes?  If a person only plays single player, worth it?  And within single player, can you fully use vehicles such as dog fighting and such?

Sorry man, absolutely no interest in SP with the game.  :)

I will echo JH's love for Walker mode. Tons of fun. But I'm not digging Supremacy mode at all. It seems like once the initial points are captured, it's way too difficult to swing things at all. Whoever has 3 out of 5 will win the game, period. There isn't really enough width to the maps for flanking around and capping points very well. Hopefully that gets fixed.

Also, HOLY CRAP are Heroes overpowered. Okay, I understand Luke and Darth and Palpatine being nearly unstoppable killing machines. However, why are Han Solo, Leia and Boba Fett able to absorb bullets like some immortal version of Rambo?! It IS cool being able to spawn as an Honor Guard for Palpatine for Leia, though. Those dudes are armed to the teeth!

One other complaint : It's ridiculous that those who pre-ordered higher tiers than the standard edition get handed a pistol with one of the highest damage stats in the damn game. Infuriating. Sure, I can earn said pistol...at Level 22.


Jarhead0331

To the extent anyone was still playing this, or was on the fence, I read that an offline mode is being released on Thursday. You will be able to play skirmish games on all of the maps and in some of the most popular modes, such as, Walker Assault, against bots, or in split-screen coop.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


acctingman

I was thinking of picking this up too, but I heard all the negative reviews. Might pick this up on the cheap sometime.

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 18, 2016, 11:31:57 AM
To the extent anyone was still playing this, or was on the fence, I read that an offline mode is being released on Thursday. You will be able to play skirmish games on all of the maps and in some of the most popular modes, such as, Walker Assault, against bots, or in split-screen coop.

Hmmm...tempting this is
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jomni

Quote from: mirth on July 18, 2016, 06:34:25 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 18, 2016, 11:31:57 AM
To the extent anyone was still playing this, or was on the fence, I read that an offline mode is being released on Thursday. You will be able to play skirmish games on all of the maps and in some of the most popular modes, such as, Walker Assault, against bots, or in split-screen coop.

Hmmm...tempting this is

Yeah. I played skirmish vs bots to death in the PS2 before the days of accessible broadband internet.

Gusington

Is there any single player component besides going up against bots? Is there a campaign?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus