Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Flywheel

Quote from: Rekim on July 26, 2016, 05:56:31 PM
I have no idea how it can be so problematic to search something with grogheads in the title. Crazy.

I don't either. It's an easy enough name to spot.
If I put 'grog into the search window it only comes up with 'Grogers Fun Times'
If I put the ip and port that has been given...nothing at all.
What build do you all have, mine is Alpha  14.7. (not that this should make any difference.)
Hold my beer and watch this!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on July 26, 2016, 10:46:51 AM
Well....
On and off over the last few weeks I have hunted all the servers, even going through the list manually ONE-BY-ONE! and not any sign of the grog server. How on earth you've all found it I don't know.
Maybe an ip and port would help.
I'll stick to my single-player methinks :)

Also, check that you are looking under modded servers.  It is the tab with the light bulb I believe on the server list screen.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Flywheel

Yep, always looked under modded. I made sure to do that. How the hell can you have a server in stealth mode?
Hold my beer and watch this!

JasonPratt

I don't remember how many times I loaded the mod list until I found the server originally. Even waiting for the list to fully load (which is important) only worked the final time (of course, since after that I didn't have to do it anymore. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Flywheel

#739
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 27, 2016, 05:43:08 AM
I don't remember how many times I loaded the mod list until I found the server originally. Even waiting for the list to fully load (which is important)

I shall keep trying. I haven't played MP on this game so it'll be a new experience - eventually.
But I am really puzzled as to why even the IP and Port isn't showing anything - you're not all playing on PS4 by any chance?  :2funny:
Hold my beer and watch this!

-budd-

It took a few times but searching by exact name under modded worked for me. Even now I have to refresh the list for it to show in my favorites from time to time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on July 27, 2016, 06:23:39 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 27, 2016, 05:43:08 AM
I don't remember how many times I loaded the mod list until I found the server originally. Even waiting for the list to fully load (which is important)

I shall keep trying. I haven't played MP on this game so it'll be a new experience - eventually.
But I am really puzzled as to why even the IP and Port isn't showing anything - you're not all playing on PS4 by any chance?  :2funny:

No, not PS4.  Also assume you are using caps as follows:  Unofficial Grog Invitational

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Flywheel

I tried it caps and uncaps, just nothing. I am just giving that up as a mystery. I even went through EVERY server name one by one, over 3000 of them. It isn't showing to me.
Hold my beer and watch this!

JasonPratt

Maybe latency is too high?  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

I did a search on the support forums, and it seems that this problem occurs somewhat often.  Did not see a solution however.  Except that most people seem to work around the server not showing on the list.  Most people seem to be able to connect to the server using the IP and port info.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Flywheel

Well....
Don't ask me, I have no idea. It just went into the server with no problem. I logged out to test it and I logged straight back in. I don't know what the problem was and I have done nothing different from this last two or three weeks of attempts. but thank God for Gary Grigsby teaching me unlimited patience and perseverance.
Hold my beer and watch this!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Flywheel on July 29, 2016, 04:30:35 AM
Well....
Don't ask me, I have no idea. It just went into the server with no problem. I logged out to test it and I logged straight back in. I don't know what the problem was and I have done nothing different from this last two or three weeks of attempts. but thank God for Gary Grigsby teaching me unlimited patience and perseverance.

Excellent!!!  See you out there....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Flywheel

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 30, 2015, 02:22:44 PM
We might have reached the point where it's too late for new characters to join even if they're experienced players. :-[

I'm well late onto the server, but I'm going to give it my best shot.  O0
Hold my beer and watch this!

-budd-

If you come down to the hub city, we can outfit you. Circle the hub and look for little shacks, there's two of them. Ones on a hill , ones in snow biome, there lit with torches so should be easy to spot. Take the hatch into the tunnel , follow to the main tunnel hub which you'll know because the tunnels are labeled with letters, there's a main ladder into the building. Top floor is where the crates are, help yourself. Don't forget to drop a sleeping bag in case you die, in fact if you have to come from along way drop a bag in places along the way again in case you die.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Flywheel

What co-ordinates?
I have been looting today so have some starter gear, plenty of water, antibiotics, etc. So am kitted reasonably well. But will come have a look at what you have, perhaps leave some of my loot in exchange.
Hold my beer and watch this!