Wait, a proper WH40k game? Turn based dawn of war shenanigans?

Started by undercovergeek, August 02, 2016, 07:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Oh my

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/02/warhammer-40k-sanctus-reach-pc-turn-based/#comments

Well that's pretty much it, I'm neck deep in total war hammer dwarves, chipping away at Mordheim and now this, having escaped the clutches of the shop in my teens they've now got my by the digital short and curlies


bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

rocketman

Quote from: bbmike on August 02, 2016, 09:51:35 AM
This is what I think when you say Archon engine:



Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I LOVED the Archon games  :smitten:

Zulu1966

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Soooo.... is this using the same engine as Pike & Shot and Sengoku Jidai?  Or something else?

jomni

This is the next generation "battle academy" engine. Notice the highlighted squares in the screenshot (Slitherine page)
Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai still uses the old one.
Field of Glory 2 uses it.
I'm not part of the FOG2 project so I have not seen it.

JasonPratt

I know there's a remake of Archon around somewhere btw...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65400/

There we go!

While we're at it, here's the Sanctus Reach Steam page, too: http://store.steampowered.com/app/502370/
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Raied

Quote from: jomni on August 02, 2016, 08:06:35 PM
This is the next generation "battle academy" engine. Notice the highlighted squares in the screenshot (Slitherine page)
Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai still uses the old one.
Field of Glory 2 uses it.
I'm not part of the FOG2 project so I have not seen it.

OMG, if this engine will be for FOG2 or new Pike & Shot game, then this is it, we will have the ultimate tactical games.

JasonPratt

^^ True dat!

I have to say I'm not very keen on the dang orkz being once again the sole foe.  >:( But it's a start to something more and better, and I can support that. Also, Space Wolves.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 03, 2016, 11:18:29 AM
Also, Space Wolves.  :smitten:

Space Wolves.   ::)


They're the new, equally overdone, Ultramarines.

Gusington

My first foray into WH40k was the first Space Wolves omnibus.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro


Staggerwing

Quote from: Nefaro on August 03, 2016, 06:05:56 PM
Reminds me.. I need to get more Eisenhorn.

There are all-natural supplements that can be of assistance in that department. You can find access to purveyors of these products during the conveniently frequent intermissions of quality late-night television programmes.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys