Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

I was on for a (real-time) hour or two yesterday, slightly overlapping OJD and just as Fly was getting off.

I have to say I didn't get any farther east than the eastern shoreline off my island! -- so maybe a long par 3?  :2funny: When I got there, a bear (non-zombie) and a lumberjack (zombie) were both stomping around. By the time I got rid of them both, it was the middle of the night and they had killed me about seven times between them. The bear finished off the lumberjack, and then tanked me for several game-hours. (I was able to get up on a rock a few times, but each time he eventually pounded a way up the rock.) The final time he killed me I managed to axe him or steel-arrow him, or maybe he bled out shortly afterward. I harvested him, and managed to recover all my backpacks, and then got chased by an unseen zombie out into the huge lake, where as I looped back around to the island hoping to get out long enough to fight the thing, the floor shallowed enough for it to swap me. Spawning back at the island (again), I crept back, finished it off, recovered my bag (again), and... well, by then I was past my slightly nihilistic urges and tired of being killed.  ::) :buck2:

So I went home to the island, and added some more bricks to the wall (though still not enough to finish the 3rd layer), and then as dawn finally rose enough for me to see I went west instead to the marshland and its city where I found a patch of good earth nearby (rather randomly) to harvest some fresh dirt from. Now I have a few plants growing in a corner of my base.

Also, found a wrench, and wrenched several cars, so I'll have some gas and nice loot to bring when I do visit the hub tower. Although I really need to be on when someone else is at the tower so I can get a map marker for it.

Picked up a couple of underwater crates, learned how to make some iron leg armor, and will bring an extra one of those when I come. Also a rocket-launcher piece. (Everything else was medical related, and I'm saving that for now.)

Going after the crates led me to loop around the northwest side of the marsh city, and I found another wrench at a Working Stiff. I don't know how to MAKE wrenches yet, so I'm saving this one for later. I also found the local bank (already looted by Fly, I suppose, but with a ton of safes and a locked room for me to get into later); and the bookstore had been mostly unlooted! -- but maybe because my scavenging skill is surprisingly still low, I only found a few blueprints and no "manuals" per se.

I didn't quite get enough experience to open up steel-making by myself yet, but I did accidentally open up concrete skill (aiming at upping my construction-tool skill and missing!  :uglystupid2: ) I'm only a few levels away from having enough stone-axe skill to unlock steel, though. That might go faster if I used the wrench, but since I can't make wrenches yet I don't want to waste it in case of an emergency.

I did find the police station, but the sun was setting so I didn't get into it yet, Fly. Next time!

I made it back to base by sundown without incident, and by then another friend had shown up on Steam who wanted to mess around so I logged off and played some Magic Duel until he had to go eat.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

If I catch you online JP I'll share the waypoint for the high-rise, and add some for the entrances. If that bank door is a vault door there's a bunch of safes in there, I think 12 or 16 so bring a good pic ax  and some lunch. The bank vault is a good place to base in a city, I look for them when on the road, just make a tunnel out and hang a new door and your surrounded by concrete, good temp base for looting. The high rise is mostly secure Id say, OJ and I went thru day 63 horde, smallish horde which we dispatched by 00:30.

OJ  I got the first layer on the second block above the pillars done, believe I finished 2nd upgrade to the first block. Repaired all the spikes and finished the spike patches all the way around. Finished 2 tunnels from the path to outside base, one to the gas station the other to the power station , I'll mark them for others when I catch them online. Did some mining and tree cutting. Once that tunnel reaches the green zone I'll mine and tunnel up to surface. Need to put some time on the Nemo walkway just to see if the concept will work. I'm getting an itch to hit the road, how close are we to a mini? I'll need to wrench a bunch of cars ahead of any mini road trip for gas.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Flywheel

#902
Quote from: JasonPratt on September 02, 2016, 09:42:10 AM
I also found the local bank (already looted by Fly, I suppose, but with a ton of safes and a locked room for me to get into later)
I broke through the wall next to the strong-room door and there is about 12 wall safes in there, and you know how long just one can take to break open!

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 02, 2016, 09:42:10 AM
I did find the police station, but the sun was setting so I didn't get into it yet, Fly. Next time!
Forget the main staircase, ( you can't get to it now anyway,) use the wall ladder behind the reception desk. If you decide to stay for the night, lift the wooden frames bridging the spike pits and relay them when you leave. Also, I have collected a number of gun parts that are in the gun safe.

I am making a few recce missions to a town further west on my south side of the water. I might make a forward base of operations there if I find a suitable building. Assuming the house and the police station are 7th Day Hoard secure.
Hold my beer and watch this!

OJsDad

Bud, I think you only need a seat and an engine.  There are two cotton plants growing on the roof.  Not sure if it's enough for a seat. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

JP, the Hub City base is at 197 S 31 E, incase you want to head that way and no ones on to share a map with.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

I got the front entrance done Budd.  There's tunnel to get into the apartment.  There's a minibike missing only the engine.  Destroyed several cars, but no luck on the engine.  You'll need to take gas down to it also. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

LEAD!!!  We have lead.  I pushed the tunnel to under the lake base and was just about to head back when I found sand.  Sure enough, there was lead.  Brought 120 back, loading in the forge.  I'm sure there's a lot more there.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

If you go down that way, take some beer or coffee with you to make the run.  I'm slowing working on cleaning up the tunnel.  Thinking may about putting a minibike down there :P
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Ill be on later. If the tunnel has reached the green zone we can build a ramp to the surface for a mini, probably hit a lot of ore on the way up. There's an extra motor in the chest. I might either take the mini and go wander the map some on a wrench cars, get brass trip or put a little time expanding/ testing my water tunnel. I finished the Windows and finished upgrading the shack. We probably should put some concrete in the ground chest at front for repairs, I put a little wood, iron and bit of other stuff in there. I ran down 4 supply crates yesterday and got a bit of coal and wood. I put the letters up also and some red blocks to try them out but ill be hacking those down, don't like the way it looks, seems you get no seeds from those red plants. Ill be on once I finish some of the start of fall yard clean up session. All and all were in good shape, if you want a break from the mining/ building take the mini and hit the other high rise it hasn't been touched yet. It only has the front doors just bring some wood/ iron to make door to secure it and loot away.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Sounds good. I'm at the county fair so won't be on until later tonight at earliest. Have fun with the yard work.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

i logged out day 84 about 14:30, someone can pop on and get horded.

OJ- that is one rich mine, looks like we'll run out of brass before anything O0. So i did some mining and added some more crates to separate stuff. a mini down there sounds like a great idea, just need to use the auger and clean the path a bit and then just leave one down there to shuttle back and forth. I got a lot of lead, think we got 3000 in the forge now.I made some bullet tips and buckshot and shells, shit i think i unlocked everything..damn better go check...yup i unlocked everything. I tunneled up into the lake house, there's a ladder up. I started securing the lake house with bars and iron and left a little stuff in the cupboards, the chainsaw and some gas and a bit of food and water. There's a fireplace with a pot need to bring a grill and beaker, left some steel there for tool repair also. Just need to finish securing and maybe lay out some stakes. I'll probably use it as a jump off point for my walk about, i'll go SE.So Fly and JP if you have the lakehouse waypoint there's a long tunnel to the hub for safe travel, if not we can share next time we catch you online.whoever is on next, enjoy the horde :knuppel2:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I'm pretty sure I do have the lakehouse waypoint.

Not too far from being able to make my own minibike! -- I'm missing some cable, but I know where I can find lots of ACs to wrench (and I've got access to at least 2 maybe 3 wrenches. Can't build them yet.)

I unlocked forged steel at last, yesterday or maybe Friday, so I never ever ever have to use my dang stone axe again for menial tasks (just for upgrading until I can unlock a proper claw hammer).

Now have my island perimeter fully scrap-ironed up on the lowest third block; and a top third layer of brick. Still completely open on the top, so I could be easily murdered by hornets, but that hasn't been a problem yet.

Over the past several 'real' days, I've heard mini-hordes wandering past near the island, but I just sat still in the middle and didn't do any 'hot' work and they went away after a few minutes. Yesterday or Friday -- I think yesterday morning -- I was up finishing the brick layer when I got a "hunted" warning. Here comes a mini-horde from the eastern, snowy shore (thank goodness no lumberjacks). Well, dang, I thought that side at least was deep enough to be a good moat!

What I didn't realize at the time was that ALL THE MINIHORDES would soon be converging on me. No true horde zombies, but easily pushing 80 regular zombies. I blew all my pistol ammo, almost all my iron arrows -- and accidentally wasted my increasingly limited feathers making iron crossbolts, the last of which I couldn't scrap for some odd reason  ??? The mini-horde flood lasted all afternoon until after sundown, so the final few remaining bodies started running.

My wall held up okay, but the middle layer was still just basic wood blocks so it got punched through in several places. A whole corner collapsed on the southeast edge, but there was still enough connection that only a crawler clipped through the joint I think. However, bodies got deep enough to let a few zombies get pushed up onto the top of the wall, so that was annoying and nearly fatal. Somehow after all this time my archery skill was still at freaking 2! -- and weirdly, I don't think it improved much (or at all  :o ) during that fight, despite most of my kills being by arrow. I'm wondering if there has been some kind of bug introduced...? My axe and club skills ought to be a little better than they are, too.

I survived, but I don't think I got any loot at all off the horde. Nothing on the few bodies I was able to explicitly search, and nothing seems to be in the water. (Take that back, one crawler in my base had a few things I couldn't use and one thing I could; its bag remains behind even now.) Code may have been changed so that horde or mini-horde zombies don't carry a lot, in order to keep the new rotting corpse rules from over-filling an area with loot after a fight: once upon a time, corpses didn't rot fast, and could be looted at leisure; then they rotted fast and lots of loot was lost; now they rot fast but the loot remains behind after rotting -- if there is any loot.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 04, 2016, 09:31:02 AM
Not too far from being able to make my own minibike! -- I'm missing some cable, but I know where I can find lots of ACs to wrench (and I've got access to at least 2 maybe 3 wrenches. Can't build them yet.)

You know you could make iron tools without needing steel.  Iron tools are better than stone, but not as good as steel.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

JP they did slow the skill progression. You sure it wasn't the 84 horde?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

OJ, I can indeed make iron tools, and have already long since made all of them. Forged steel is still better, so I've been aiming for that.

Also, alas, no iron tool functions quite like a wrench for a wrench's purpose -- nor functions like an upgrader/repairer like a stone axe.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!