Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ArizonaTank

Don't know if you guys saw the review in PC Gamer that is pretty critical: 

"a game that has been in alpha for years, with poor graphics, boring environments and uninspired combat."

http://www.pcgamer.com/after-years-in-early-access-7-days-to-die-continues-to-waste-its-potential/



The reviewer completely missed the point and "fun" of the game.  She seems to be looking for twitch fighting with cool, high-end graphics.  But the twitch jockeys left "7 Days" long ago.

Anyway, it's sad to see a great game get slammed....  But then again...reviews are just opinions... 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

Ya but, the comments section more than makes up for that sorry article. Quite entertaining in fact.

ArizonaTank

I hate this part of the development cycle...  I find it hard to put my heart into playing right now...given that our game will likely be wiped by a new version in just a few weeks...
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

I'm playing the early A15 build now. Should be able to keep playing it once they spring the official release but no guarantee. No biggie.  I'm 5 days in and haven't noticed any issues other than chickens and rabbits running in circles sometimes.

JasonPratt

Are the chickens running in circles like their heads are cut off?

Because then they'd be zombie chickens.

And I think we can all agree this game needs zombie chickens. (And vorpal bunnies.)  :D ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

I did spot a new Zed sporting a bunny suit (of the NBC variety).


-budd-

Game looks better. Saw at least 3 new zombie types and strip club, there's random land mines around so watch your step. Looks like you get more iron from rocks and been seeing more dogs around POI' s . Seems like bears can be in your spawn safe zone. Came across a vending machine with food and water for purchase and there's a new food source , snow berries, there's tons of them. Took a trip up into the new mountains which a lot bigger and breaking your leg has never been easier. Only problems I noticed were dogs going in circles and the new zombies don't seem to chase you and some keys I wasn't able to bind, the shift key. I jacked up my graphics and I'm still getting 50-70 frames, see if that holds with hordes on screen.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on September 17, 2016, 03:08:20 PM
Game looks better. Saw at least 3 new zombie types and strip club, there's random land mines around so watch your step. Looks like you get more iron from rocks and been seeing more dogs around POI' s .

Guess we need to look for zombie strippers.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Looking good.  I think I'll DL the update also. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

testing out some of the new stuff for building in creative mode. Got a few ideas once the server updates, threw this together today. Had a few collapses along the way and the drawbridge was a pain, didnt get to use it the way i envisioned it so far. Did get to test out my underwater building with bars, water free so thats works. The high platform is too big, if i upgrade it the weight collapses it, so it had to remain wood. Think i need the trees closer together. No major bugs so far, i dont know about anyone else but if a server upgrade to the experimental branch is an option i'd be for that.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I'm fine with updating the server, if possible.

Budd, I realized I was playing creative mode, so restarted in normal sp game.  I started the same place you did, I think.  High end apartment building with what looks like a funeral home across from it. A dead survivor on the roof of the apartment building. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

there was an update today, didnt see any notes on it but the control binding is fixed. I restarted on the stock map to do some exploring. Here's a link to the alpha 15 notes.  http://7daystodie.com/alpha-15-release-notes/

I went exploring and came across the stadium right away and some new zombies.







I crack the door to the stadium and this football player zombie comes flying out, they run in daylight.






going to hit the road and see what else i can find.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I see the devs have put those football helmets to a topically good use finally!  :)) O0

I also see that the weird hot-zombie-babe aesthetic continues.  ::) Not that I'm entirely complaining.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.