Main Menu

FRIDAY Child

Started by JudgeDredd, September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd


No whining about the music - deal with it  >:(

The very good F1 2016 will see my career continuing in Catalunya, Spain. Unfortunately, I put the AI up from Expert to Legend and it's kicking my arse. Whilst I don't mind not winning, there's just such a stark difference in Expert and Legend that I can't let it stay. So I have to complete this race in Legend and am not expecting anything from the race as I'm 6 seconds off the pace of the penultimate car!

DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.

I'll continue my practice firefight on the boardgame Band of Brothers:Ghost Panzers.

I'm kind of killing time until Mafia III hits my hard disk. I really wanted to revisit the first one and the second one before going onto III - but I simply do not have the time.

Enjoy your weekend - whether it involves gaming or not  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Ian C

Well, after the GOG sale of the fixed Saboteur, I'll be playing through on 'Feckin' Hard Mode' (realistic mode), playing HOI 4, strumming my guitar, writing a few tunes and spending time with my lady. Can't get better than that.

jomni

I'll be playing and writing an AAR for Mandate of Heaven.
Play a bit of Oriental Empires
F1 2016 is really tempting but I'm no racer.
Will be cooking up some sous vide pork.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

Air land battle, steel beasts and some endless legend

I'll be making pain au chocolate with undercover junior

And researching the rise and rise of board gaming and the popularity of a place in Oxford called thirsty meeples, a board gaming cafe which is always full - I have a cafe/restaurant and an interest in board games but I recognise location is very important - Oxford has a massive student population, my current location does not

Pinetree

Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

tgb

Watching footage of VI has inspired me to reinstall Civ V.  Also continuing on with Oriental Empires and probably finishing the game I'm currently playing of Twilight Struggle

Boggit

Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Maori Wars sounds really interesting. O0 What's it all about? (Yes, I worked out it has Maori's in it, and presumably Kiwi settlers an' all)...  ^-^ ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

I'll be doing more Field of Glory MP - and if Anguille picks up the Spartan challenge I set up for him, even more.

Other MP will most likely be Round 2 of the Gumbinnen to Tannenburg scenario for East Prussia '14 with me and Cyrano respectively playing for God and Holy Mother Russia as Rennenkampf (Russian 1st Army - Boggit), Samsonov (Russian 2nd Army - Cyrano), versus Panzerde as Hindenburg/Ludendorff playing the German 8th Army.

It's round 2 because the 'Beastly Hun' tricked us in round 1.  >:D ;)
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17933.msg470405;topicseen#new

Single player, I'll probably continue my Zhou campaign in Oriental Empires, and some Combat Mission.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Pinetree

Quote from: Boggit on September 30, 2016, 05:39:43 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Maori Wars sounds really interesting. O0 What's it all about? (Yes, I worked out it has Maori's in it, and presumably Kiwi settlers an' all)...  ^-^ ;)
It's a hex and counter wargame of the NZ Wars of the 19th Century from Legion Wargames. 3 month turns, each unit counter is about the equivalent of a company. It's got some great mechanics in it, Bush raiders who can ambush the unwary, tribal negotiations, Pa warfare, gunboats/canoes and randomly drawn battle dispatch chits that add some more chaos. Lots of scenarios. It still has some little kinks that will get ironed out but I had a game over Vassal a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. The map and counters look amazing too.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Dammit Carl!

Still going strong in my World of Tanks slog; finally elited my Easy 8 and am working on funds for the T20, slowly grinding toward the Panther, and will next get an AMX 13 75 back so I can keep on going up that line as well.  I've too many irons in the fire, I think, but danged if I can stand to just work my way up one tank line alone.  Besides, I work better in Mediums and Lights, so its all fun time anyway.

I've completely neglected my boats this go-around, but the way my attention span goes, it shouldn't be long before I'm plugging away at them too.

Barthheart

Quote from: tgb on September 30, 2016, 05:39:34 AM
Watching footage of VI has inspired me to reinstall Civ V.  Also continuing on with Oriental Empires and probably finishing the game I'm currently playing of Twilight Struggle

If you have all the expansions and DLC for CiV then I suggest you also download the Vox Populi mod. It is truly a great mod and "fix" for the game. Adds a lot of interesting stuff to the game... some of which looks a lot like game functions that will appear in Civ VI... Civfanatic rumbling suggest that Civ VI devs "borrowed" some of Vox ideas for the new game....

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034

Have fun.  :)

Barthheart

Not sure this weekend...

Fall garden clean up for sure tomorrow.

Some VASSAL work.

Some OST on the table.

Maybe try and get back into some hardcore wargaming with World War II Europe.

Need to continue painting my Mercs Recon figures.... so many figures....  :P


Rayfer

Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 
Ps. JD....never heard that song before, I enjoyed it, thanks.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 
Ps. JD....never heard that song before, I enjoyed it, thanks.
O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people