Main Menu

FRIDAY Child

Started by JudgeDredd, September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Raied

Still in hangover, yesterday was the Oktoberfest..
Anyway, for remedy I will continue my PBEM ++ with those games:
Sengoku Jidai
GG War in the East (grand campaign)
Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm
Decisive Campaign: Barbarossa

Maybe I will start another battle with Pike & Shot

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Raied on September 30, 2016, 08:44:15 AM
Still in hangover, yesterday was the Oktoberfest..
Anyway, for remedy I will continue my PBEM ++ with those games:
Sengoku Jidai
GG War in the East (grand campaign)
Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm
Decisive Campaign: Barbarossa

Maybe I will start another battle with Pike & Shot
Oktoberfest? Two days early, no?  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM


DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.


   Yeah!!!  I can mention DCS and not fire it up too!!!  And then there is what I'm likely to be doing:  Churubosco!  (a small offshoot from Gringos!). 
   Plus MEcampaigns!  (no exclamations in the original!)....er....and some Battle of Moscow with some P-40Es painted in P-40 styles from a few months earlier...
   And some Heroes and Generals.  I snuck up on a dude (in fact his name was _something_dude_something) in a little tankette and shot him with the little Russian light MG
at a range of about 5 meters despite the fact he was hiding behind a tree (from the point of view of his targets bu not me) banging away with his trusty M1.
   I guess that was exciting.  At least it was unusual in some ways.

Raied

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 08:49:05 AM
Quote from: Raied on September 30, 2016, 08:44:15 AM
Still in hangover, yesterday was the Oktoberfest..
Anyway, for remedy I will continue my PBEM ++ with those games:
Sengoku Jidai
GG War in the East (grand campaign)
Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm
Decisive Campaign: Barbarossa

Maybe I will start another battle with Pike & Shot
Oktoberfest? Two days early, no?  ;D
;D why not, and still will celebrate it in actual oktober, it is just a beer & pretzel as the end  :D

mikeck

Probably some Naval action. Try to get my experience and crafting experience up before the final wipe

Definitely some Children of a Dead Earth and some Wars of Napleon.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tuna

Probably a lot of World of Warships.. Maybe a little Divinity and Wasteland 2 as well.

Skwerl

Children of a Dead Earth (I'm absolutely blown away by this game so far!)
Polaris Sector
Diablo III
possibly Wargame: Red Dragon

Fetrik

I work the whole weekend.  But I recently started playing MWO again together with a rl friend and his English buddy. We've played the last few nights together in the group que and had loads of fun. So I expect that will continue after work today.

sandman2575

Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 


Just an impression of course, but it feels to me like Fallout 4 didn't arouse all that much interest among us grogheads - ?

Did anyone here really love Fallout 4?  Weirdly, I kind of did. At 270+ hours logged, it's my most-played game in my Steam library. Really not sure how that happened!

Boggit

Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 05:58:23 AM
Quote from: Boggit on September 30, 2016, 05:39:43 AM
Quote from: Pinetree on September 30, 2016, 04:52:09 AM
Great tune JD. Great band too.

I'll be playing some Children of a Dead Earth, this one has really grabbed me. Hoping to get in a playtest of Maori Wars as well but it might be a solo one.
Maori Wars sounds really interesting. O0 What's it all about? (Yes, I worked out it has Maori's in it, and presumably Kiwi settlers an' all)...  ^-^ ;)
It's a hex and counter wargame of the NZ Wars of the 19th Century from Legion Wargames. 3 month turns, each unit counter is about the equivalent of a company. It's got some great mechanics in it, Bush raiders who can ambush the unwary, tribal negotiations, Pa warfare, gunboats/canoes and randomly drawn battle dispatch chits that add some more chaos. Lots of scenarios. It still has some little kinks that will get ironed out but I had a game over Vassal a couple of weeks ago and it was a blast. The map and counters look amazing too.
It sounds a really fun game. Sadly I'm clueless about Vassal.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Wolfe1759

Cracking tune JD.

Probably some Warlock 2 with the Renaissance Mod, a bit more Titan Quest and maybe a bit of Cthulhu Saves The World.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Rayfer

Quote from: sandman2575 on September 30, 2016, 11:50:19 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 30, 2016, 07:51:43 AM
Fallout 4 has wrenched me off of HoI4 and WitP:AE, at for awhile now it has and will do so this weekend. 


Just an impression of course, but it feels to me like Fallout 4 didn't arouse all that much interest among us grogheads - ?

Did anyone here really love Fallout 4?  Weirdly, I kind of did. At 270+ hours logged, it's my most-played game in my Steam library. Really not sure how that happened!

I have 26 hours into my first play through. I very much enjoyed FO3 and New Vegas, and I'm enjoying this one just as much.  Even at 26 hours I'm not anywhere near the end, much of the map remains unexplored.  I am doing many of the side quests and not just the main story line.

WallysWorld

#27
Started a career in Rise of Flight and joined the RFC's 11th Squadron.
Farming using the excellent SoilMod for Farming Simulator 2015.
Continuing my career in Nascar '15. Talladega is up next.
Also just bought Wings Over Flanders Fields so I will be fooling around with that and comparing it to Rise of Flight.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Silent Disapproval Robot

House hunting.  Pissing about in Witcher 3, dying a lot in War Thunder.  They put out a massive update yesterday with new maps and, most importantly, the Halifax bomber so I'll be grinding that.

Mansions of Madness at the nerd store on Sunday.  Guadalcanal tomorrow if I get the condo viewing out if the way early enough.

Barth, War Plan Orange!!!!

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 30, 2016, 12:45:03 PM
...
Barth, War Plan Orange!!!!

I guess it is fall eh?

Well, I still have no idea how to play so it will be a total learning experience.... what the hell. Shall we entertain the folks here with our skillless play?