Main Menu

2016

Started by bob48, December 31, 2015, 07:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Toonces

#46
On second thoughts, meh!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

Too much work to break it down like you did.  I set out to stop drinking Dr.Pepper, or any soda for that matter.  I have GERD, and when I smoke and drink soda, I have terrible pains that simulate a heart attack.  So, I stopped the soda.  Had the cigarette thing down, too, until a couple of months ago.  Also increased my monthly savings from $25 to $100.  I killed the cable and put $75 of the $90 I got back in the budget into savings.  Autodeducted, so I don't even see it.  As far as interior maintenance, I am pretty good at sorting what is important to me and leaving what's out of my control in the hands of those it belongs to.  Still too apt to get angry easily over things that should have already been handled by people that know better and don't.  But, we all have our own things to work on.  ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Ubercat

Quote from: MetalDog on October 03, 2016, 06:47:34 PM
Too much work to break it down like you did.  I set out to stop drinking Dr.Pepper, or any soda for that matter.  I have GERD, and when I smoke and drink soda, I have terrible pains that simulate a heart attack.  So, I stopped the soda.  Had the cigarette thing down, too, until a couple of months ago.  Also increased my monthly savings from $25 to $100.  I killed the cable and put $75 of the $90 I got back in the budget into savings.  Autodeducted, so I don't even see it.  As far as interior maintenance, I am pretty good at sorting what is important to me and leaving what's out of my control in the hands of those it belongs to.  Still too apt to get angry easily over things that should have already been handled by people that know better and don't.  But, we all have our own things to work on.  ;)

Don't forget about your intolerance for puns. You really need to work on that.  :))
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

MetalDog

I was thinking it was the fault of the people who mangle the language and just plain, good, sense.   :2funny:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

My doctor is on my ass about my Blood Sugar always. So, I set out to finally get that under control this year and make him happy. And maybe get his hand out of my wallet a little too.  :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on October 03, 2016, 05:53:35 PM
On second thoughts, meh!

Why did you do that - it was a good read?

airboy

I'm not in administration any longer.  I'm going to the gym 3x a week.  I'm in the best physical shape I've been in 15 years or so now.  I lifted > 25,000lbs on my circuit of 10 machines two passes in a row.  Most I ever did routinely was 28,000lbs in my early 30s.