Jerry Sandusky on trial

Started by Steelgrave, June 11, 2012, 09:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

JoPa's statue came down overnight.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

LongBlade

I read they were thinking about that.

Lesson learned: Football !> People
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Taken down officially or taken down randomly? Either way I think it's a good move...JoePa was not clean-handed in all this.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on July 22, 2012, 10:21:26 AM
Taken down officially or taken down randomly? Either way I think it's a good move...JoePa was not clean-handed in all this.

I thought I read a news headline that said the school was going to take it down.

IMHO there is too much group-think for a mob to have considered taking initiative; they're still processing the cognitive dissonance of worshiping the sports program vice the evil it hid.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

OJsDad

PSU took it down this morning actually.  Also, it sounds like the NCAA is going to have a press conference tomorrow morning at 9am and throw the book at PSU.   Doesn't sound like death penalty, but it will be close.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

^Interesting. If not the death penalty I wonder what.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

^I'm thinking chain the legs of everyone responsible to Joe Pa's statue and dump it in the harbor....but that's just me.

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on July 22, 2012, 10:01:16 PM
^I'm thinking chain the legs of everyone responsible to Joe Pa's statue and dump it in the harbor....but that's just me.

That seems fair.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Breaking: NCAA vacates all Penn State wins from 1998-2011. $60 million fine. Lots of other penalties.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

That is an impressive list. My respect for the NCAA has gone up considerably.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

There's plenty of argument already about if went too far or it wasn't enough. I'm fine with what was done. It's pretty strong action and sends a clear message. I also like that they are letting the current players transfer out without any penalties.

I was very surprised that they took away all those wins.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on July 23, 2012, 10:22:25 AM
There's plenty of argument already about if went too far or it wasn't enough. I'm fine with what was done. It's pretty strong action and sends a clear message. I also like that they are letting the current players transfer out without any penalties.

I was very surprised that they took away all those wins.

I'm sure we can fight all day about too much/not enough but from my POV I see severe penalties - a clear expression of displeasure and punishment. This cannot be mistaken for a slap on the wrist, and for that I am pleased and grateful. Nothing can justify overlooking those crimes, and this action reflects that.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MIGMaster

The message was certainly sent, that's for sure !