F1 2016 - NOT a wargame

Started by JudgeDredd, May 31, 2016, 12:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 04, 2016, 07:17:49 PM
Kicking butt tonight!  Got my lap times down to 1:37, leading the field so far.....starting to get the hang of things.
here it comes...practice, practice and more practice. Once you've done enough practice, races become enjoyable because you can keep it on the track
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

oh - another thing I meant to say.

The crowd noise is really, REALLY annoying. Throughout that whole race they were really loud. Unfortunately, there's not an option that I could find to reduce it. I tried the Sound Effects, but that reduced other things and may have had a slight impact on the crowd noise...I'll have to check see if switching it off gets rid of it.

But "ambient" sound needs to have a slider.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

What's the video recording software you use again?

JudgeDredd

D3DGear

It's payware. I think I paid £20 ro £25. When I was looking for something I was looking for software that didn't impact the game and I have to say, I do not notice I have this recording.

It creates 2GB segments. I use VLC to play those videos and I also use Microsoft Movie Maker to join them together to create one video for uploading to Youtube. Movie Make is a great little tool with a fair few options for editing. One day I'm going to create a full race video and edit it to keep any juicy bits.

Maybe Monaco...but it might be cut short with a meeting of car and wall  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Half way my first 100% length race and there was a safety car.
I'm first in line and Hamilton was behind me.
As I slowed down to follow the safety car, Hamilton just sped past me and the safety car.
He eventually got disqualified. LOL!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Perfect time to save the game and go to bed.

JudgeDredd

He is impetuous

What track are you on? Australia?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

#126
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 05, 2016, 03:24:50 PM
He is impetuous

What track are you on? Australia?

Russia.  AI at Easy. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 05, 2016, 02:56:15 AM
D3DGear

It's payware. I think I paid £20 ro £25. When I was looking for something I was looking for software that didn't impact the game and I have to say, I do not notice I have this recording.

It creates 2GB segments. I use VLC to play those videos and I also use Microsoft Movie Maker to join them together to create one video for uploading to Youtube. Movie Make is a great little tool with a fair few options for editing. One day I'm going to create a full race video and edit it to keep any juicy bits.

Maybe Monaco...but it might be cut short with a meeting of car and wall  ;D

Thanks debating getting this or action...

jomni

#128
I won in Russia.  But by teammate sabotaged me.  His engine failed at lap 45 and the yellow car closed the gap.  So I really had to fight it out until the last lap with worn out wheels.  I'm increasing AI difficulty to Medium.  So many DNF in this race.

JudgeDredd

Check you out - taking the stabilisers off   O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

#130
Finished 14th in Spain.

Started at 6th and it was raining heavily. Instant Safety Car as we left the grid.  Rain stopped and maintained 10th.  But it began to rain again at lap 40.  We had to do an unplanned change of tires (suggested on the radio but nothing was set at the pit). THEY TOOK OFF MY MEDIUM TIRES AND RETURNED IT!  I wasted a lap sliding around with old tires.  Apparently I must call in and tell them to prepare the Intermediate tires since I have already exceeded the planned stops for the race.  Anyway, lesson learned.  There was another safety car incident 3 laps before finish.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on October 10, 2016, 07:55:54 AM
Finished 14th in Spain.

Started at 6th and it was raining heavily. Instant Safety Car as we left the grid.  Rain stopped and maintained 10th.  But it began to rain again at lap 40.  We had to do an unplanned change of tires (suggested on the radio but nothing was set at the pit). THEY TOOK OFF MY MEDIUM TIRES AND RETURNED IT!  I wasted a lap sliding around with old tires.  Apparently I must call in and tell them to prepare the Intermediate tires since I have already exceeded the planned stops for the race.  Anyway, lesson learned.  There was another safety car incident 3 laps before finish.
I've done that before  ;D Not informed the team which tyre to use and they've put on slicks on a wet track!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni


JudgeDredd

I always kind of think of Monaco as (in the famous words assigned to the UK during the Eurovision Song Contest"...nil point

It's a swine and I'm never good at it at all.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Richie61

Figured you might like this video  :)

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"