G-d Allergies again...

Started by bayonetbrant, October 18, 2016, 07:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant



QuoteOne day, he will take this cape off for the last time.

He will give it to me to hand down to his cousin or to fold and put away, and I will remember all these moments.

To some people, it's just a cape. Just a few pieces of satin, sewn together with some velcro.

To me, it's what I remember him wearing through his father's last deployment, almost every day putting it on so he could be brave. So I could be brave. It's what I remember him wearing through a cross country move, wrapping himself in it because it was something familiar from Utah, something to protect him as he came to a new home, a new city, a new school.

To me, it's not just a few pieces of satin, sewn together with some velcro. It's a symbol, not just of his resilience, but of our family's.

And one day, he will give it to me to fold and put away. Maybe he'll be too big. Maybe he'll think he doesn't need it anymore, that it's for little kids, or that it's silly.

But no matter how big he gets, this will always be how I think of him. Superman will always fly free in my heart. And when he gives up the cape, I'll keep it safe, folded away with my treasures.

Because one day, there may be some other little boy (or girl, for that matter!) who needs it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157624138205084&set=a.261896510083.312742.583430083&type=3&theater
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Huh, I thought this would literally be a thread about current allergy situations.

No doubt this is because I live in West TN, Home of All Allergies...  :buck2: (Even people who don't normally have allergies are feeling the punch right now.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!