Did this today...

Started by JudgeDredd, October 24, 2016, 04:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 24, 2016, 05:44:07 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 24, 2016, 05:33:01 PM
Bravo!

What tools did you use to isolate the colored (coloured?) parts of the insignia for importing into or creating a new layer?
Thanks all.

Basically, used this method

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Selective_Color/

It involved a greyscale layer and then careful brushing

Bookmarked- Thanks!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

They've come along way with the tutorials.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison


DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

W8taminute

Quote from: mirth on October 24, 2016, 05:47:43 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 24, 2016, 05:40:50 PM
Or this one? Too much?



I like!

Awesome!  That's pretty close to what you could find in an old history textbook.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Thank you all. I will be perfecting this skill over time to create some "arty farty" pics of my kids.  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people