FRIDAY warfare does exist

Started by MetalDog, November 11, 2016, 06:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog



It sounds odd to say, 'Happy Veteran's Day,' but, there it is.  Thank you to all veteran's who have given their lives to the service of their country.  Without said service, this could not be the greatest nation on the planet.  Nor could we enjoy the lives that we have.  Or the ability to disagree with one another.  Thank you, veterans, for your service.


Saturday night is going to be pencil & paper D&D.  The dragon has been driven off (ok, he robbed the players then flew off as it made him happy to do so), the zombies are dead and Reidoth is going to lead them to Cragmaw Castle.  Let's see how that works out for our stalwarts.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Probably some DCS with Nef.. World of Warships.. Maybe some Civ V.

mirth

It's a four day weekend for me. Probably some Witcher 3, maybe back into Dragon Age: Inquisition.

There'll be some table top gaming on Monday.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MengJiao

Quote from: Tuna on November 11, 2016, 07:28:27 AM
Probably some DCS with Nef.. World of Warships.. Maybe some Civ V.

  Big Weekend.  Starting with some Grand Tactical board gaming in Sword, Juno and Gold and then moving on to computer games such as DCS, ARMA III and maybe something else.

JudgeDredd

He sounded a bit like JBJ  >:D

I think Call of Duty:Infinite Warfare with some Call of Duty:Modern Warfare, some F1 2016, Civ VI and a bit of Titanfall 2 thrown in.

DCS has an outside chance...alot of rugby on this weekend.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

#5
Mostly the same as last week:

- Master of Orion CtS. The first DLC has just been announced for the end of the year which will bring 3 news (old?) races to the gamehttp://steamcommunity.com/games/298050/announcements/detail/724346080679333275...very happy with what they are doing here.  :smitten:



- Horizon: continue my campaign with the Kuntaris.



I make a slow game. First goal is to get rid of one of the races...the Gargals who have declared was on me...big mistake...Huge mistake.



Probably some Spartan, Birth of the Federation and Grand Ages Rome too..

Cheers

PS: anyone buying the new Sting record?





Dammit Carl!

The new Sting song is catchy; very pop-ish.

My internet via hotel wifi is not-so-hot, so I'm contenting myself with single player things (i.e. Killing Floor) and just plugging in and jamming out to Rocksmith - found plenty of Ghost, or Ghost B.C., at CustomForge to work on.

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity where I just began part 2 of The White March. Typical.... I get the White Forge up and running and make the world all safe for puppies and kittens, return to my castle, grab a cold ale and a hot Serving Wench, and it all falls apart. They need me back it The White March stat. Damn! Can't those people do anything for themselves? Oh well. Got to round-up the old party and go kick some more Bad-Guy Butt. And I'm loving it.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

In kind of a slump now, not playing anything. I will probably jump start my gaming heart by getting back into Pillars of Eternity. I don't remember how close I was to starting the White March expansions.

Continuing The Witcher 3 and campaigns of Medieval 2 TW (with Stainless Steel mod) + Attila TW: Charlemagne, plus Assassin's Creed: Rogue, wait in the wings.

Also trying to figure out what to purchase next...BF1, Titanfall 2, CoD: IW, Tranny or Dishonored 2. Dishonored 2 is the natural for me but the horrible optimization reports flying around are scaring me away for now. Leaning towards BF1 or Tranny.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Btw, how is Darkest Hour going, OJD? Seen you playing that a lot on Steam, so I'd love to hear your impressions.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

My Dwarves are working on driving the filthy Greenskins out of the mountains in Warhammer Total War; I've already got Thorgrim up to 4th level and have managed to equip with a few (common) items.  (Have a ways to go yet before I can quest for his unique equipment.)  In Birth of the Federation (Ultimate Mod 5), my Romulans are steadily expanding out into the galaxy, having established several colonies, and made contact with three minor races thus far. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Father Ted

My usual Friday night Roffing, maybe some Squad since a bunch of Steam friends just bought it, then tomorrow (weather forecast: rain, rain and more rain)  I'll hopefully be settling into something "big" - DC Barbarossa, WitW, or SoWWL.  I've also just got back into FC:RS - I do love that game's mechanics.

BTW Jason P, I'm here to tell you that Darkest Hour is the Best FPS EvahTM.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Starting up a 2nd PBEM game of Plan Orange with Barth.  Hoping GJK does his first turn for our PBEM game of Labyrinth.

More Witcher 3.  A few more bombing missions in my Halifax in War Thunder  (best bomber ever.  Unlike the Lanc, the Halifax has an appropriate battle ranking and goes up against historical adversaries.  I'm having a blast fending off 109s, 110s, 217s and the occasional 219.   Usually end up at spot 1-2 on my team, even if we lose.)  Maybe some more Stellaris.  I'm in the mid-game portion and it's kind of at a grinding stalemate right now.  My policies and populations won't let me engage in offensive wars and everyone's just super happy and peacefully co-existing.  It's oddly unsettling.

Heading to the nerd store tomorrow to play some board games.  I think it'll be Ora & Labora.




PanzersEast

After watching some LPs I am sold.... it looks like Motor Sport Manager weekend..... with maybe some Nobunaga's Ambition thrown in.

I am also deep in some TableTop Simulator as well, thinking of organizing a GrogHeads group for scheduled play and meet ups.


Cheers,
PE

Moreb

I'm not sure yet but I HAVE to stop reading the news.It's ruined my whole day.
When dongles fly? - mirth