Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 12, 2016, 04:45:41 PM
ELVES goddamit!!!!





Although this looks awesome

Apparently not as long as they can continue milking us for extra units/heroes for already existing factions :P

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on October 13, 2016, 08:30:23 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 12, 2016, 04:45:41 PM
ELVES goddamit!!!!





Although this looks awesome

Apparently not as long as they can continue milking us for extra units/heroes for already existing factions :P

;D


I'm hoping they've been working on another big faction DLC at the same time as these smaller ones.  Probably aiming for another holiday release.  Aren't the Wood Elves the next big one?

Martok

One of Belegar Ironhammer's quest battles: 




"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

A look at Grombrindal, the White Dwarf: 




"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

I ended up grabbing The King and the Warlord DLC today.  I'm weak.  :-\ 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I will hold out til Xmas...then I will go in, frenzylike...but some DLCs I won't buy. Just not interested in some of the stuff.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jomni

What benefit does those Dwarf heroes add to someone like me who has already finished the Dwarf campaign?

PanzerFaust

Quote from: jomni on October 28, 2016, 12:41:33 AM
What benefit does those Dwarf heroes add to someone like me who has already finished the Dwarf campaign?

Well, if you want to replay as the Dwarves you'll have more variety. Also it's not just heroes, but new units too.

And the DLC introduces a new playable dwarven faction which starts at a different part of the map.

jomni



Freyland

#580
From that article, looks like Morghur will be joining the Beastmen!  That, is scary as $(&#.  Everything I have read suggested that he was an absolute bitch to put down.  Plus, to attack him was to greatly risk your sanity.  Curious to see how that pans out.

Anyways, still playing TWW with the Steel Faith Overhaul mod exclusively, almost 700 hours now per Steam, and all of that is after midnight at the expense of sleep.  I saved myself time and emailed CA my Paypal account password, so I look forward to the next download!

Edit:  My mistake, 945 hours!

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Freyland on November 17, 2016, 01:49:23 PM
From that article, looks like Morghur will be joining the Beastmen!  That, is scary as $(&#.  Everything I have read suggested that he was an absolute bitch to put down.  Plus, to attack him was to greatly risk your sanity.  Curious to see how that pans out.

Anyways, still playing TWW with the Steel Faith Overhaul mod exclusively, almost 700 hours now per Steam, and all of that is after midnight at the expense of sleep.  I saved myself time and emailed CA my Paypal account password, so I look forward to the next download!

Tell me about the steel faith mod

Freyland

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 17, 2016, 02:23:34 PM
Quote from: Freyland on November 17, 2016, 01:49:23 PM
From that article, looks like Morghur will be joining the Beastmen!  That, is scary as $(&#.  Everything I have read suggested that he was an absolute bitch to put down.  Plus, to attack him was to greatly risk your sanity.  Curious to see how that pans out.

Anyways, still playing TWW with the Steel Faith Overhaul mod exclusively, almost 700 hours now per Steam, and all of that is after midnight at the expense of sleep.  I saved myself time and emailed CA my Paypal account password, so I look forward to the next download!

Tell me about the steel faith mod

First of all, it's an overhaul mod done by a guy who states he's a WH freak, wants the game to be closer to Lore, and promises to stay committed to the mod.  That's a big deal, since every DLC and every patch renders mod's incompatible until updated.
He doesn't add units (okay, he added Black orcs with shields and Night Goblin Spears), but figures CA will do that soon enough on their own, why bother.  Also wants to ensure each unit is important, and so every unit, hero, lord, and skill tree has had some modification.  I find it much more challenging to pick what skills for my Lords because all three trees are viable.  He has increased skill point progression, so you can at least do more with your lords/heroes, but not so you can fill out the skill tree.  He has adjusted many buildings again with the idea of making them all useful.  My personal favorite change is adding a touch of income to the "food" buildings, because they were otherwise just not worth it in most cases.  He incorporated the "Tier IV buildings" mod, so the AI would be better able to recruit high tier units, and adjusted their settings very effectively.  It's nice to fight a shit-ton of black orcs because the Greenskins can actually make them!  Oh, and Garrisons are greatly improved. 

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of things, and so far I have only played the two dwarf factions, the two orc factions and now Beastmen so I cannot comment on other races.  That said, the game feels well-balanced, both economically and in challenge, and I have yet to have a "WTF?" moment, except for Vanilla game bugs.  I've donated to him twice, if that gives any indication of my enjoyment.  Oh!, and diplomacy actually makes sense!  If I had a complaint, it's that orcs seem to confederate fairly easily but that is actually pretty Lore consistent, when you are discussing Waaaaaahg's against the Old World.  BTW, I play on Hard/Normal.

Be aware that almost no mods are compatible; I use a battle camera, a campaign camera mod, a LOD mod and a weather mod.  Any mod that adjusts the units may mess with his balance settings, and even the "Lore Friendly Dwarf Holds Recolor" mod crashes my game when it's loaded with SFO.

undercovergeek

It's cool - that may also be an addition this weekend - mods are the movement bonus in home territory and some extra happiness to stop the rebellions

Busy weekend ahead!