AI War II on Kickstarter

Started by spelk, October 11, 2016, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Nefaro

The neon colors!  :o 

Is this AI War.. or Tron?    ???

FarAway Sooner

I loved the original game, but as the sequels piled on, they confused adding complexity with adding content.

They got away from the rock-paper-scissors format of most RTS nicely, but then ended up replacing it with rock-paper-scissors-dynamite-Bon Jovi-Darth Vader-Hook 'em Horns-thumbs up-peace sign-victory sign-sit signal that my dog knows. 

The trailer says that they're trying to make it more comprehensible, which is great.  But they also say that they're making it bigger.  Arcen's been a very innovative little studio, but the play experience of their games has been very uneven. 

I'd be thrilled if they get this one right.

Tpek


Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on October 11, 2016, 04:21:57 PM
What happened to their planned game, Stars Beyond Reach ?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/354480/

Developer burnout was the reason given.  But I wouldn't be surprised if funds burnout was part of it, too, since it has been a problem in the past.

Judging by the $300k minimum goal listed on the Kickstarter, they still have a budget higher than indie levels.

spelk

The lead developer at Arcengames did an AMA on reddit the other day, and I asked him about AI War II. He gave a considerable response:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5746xk/ask_arcen_anything_ai_war_2_kickstarter_and/d8p8cmj

Skwerl

I really hope this makes it.  I love the original.

spelk

Chris discusses the game in quite some depth on the latest 3MA

https://www.idlethumbs.net/3ma/episodes/chris-park-and-arcen-games

Plus here's the status of the headtalker campaign, to help spread the word...

https://headtalker.com/campaigns/ai-war-2-kickstarter/


spelk

Original kickstarter cancelled, new revised and revamped, more conservative proposition for AI War II now launched..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcengames/ai-war-ii-0


Anguille

Looking good....i think they'll reach the 3d goal (90'000) before the end.  :bd:

Martok

Chris Park explains the game's concept(s) in layman's terms: 





I gotta admit, his enthusiasm is both obvious and infectious.  I'm now seriously tempted to donate to the this project.  Gods help me... 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Hope it doesn't get put on hold, in the middle of development, to make a "twin stick shooter".   :-\