From the FRIDAY to the Pit!

Started by Dammit Carl!, November 18, 2016, 04:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dammit Carl!



Jesus, the opening bass line in this and the rhythm of the song has been stuck in my head for two weeks now easy.  Love it.

At any rate, don't have much going on my end as I'm still out of town...stuck with old-school Red Orchestra as well as any Darkest Hour I can get in as well until I get back to my home rig.

Be glad to get back to the homestead in a few days for sure; miss the wife, kids and dogs and I'm tired of hotel beds.

Stay safe all, and have a good weekend!

p.s. Oh hell yes!  This video version's bass is so much more chunkier!   :bd:

JudgeDredd

Video won't play unless you go to Youtube. I think that's a VEVO thing. I've had it happen before

There won't be alot of gaming this weekend because Saturday is all rugby. 6 games to watch. Italy v South Africa, England v Fiji, Wales v Japan, Scotland v Argentina, Ireland v New Zealand and France v Australia

DC:Barbarossa - after a discussion kicked off somewhere, I thought I should check this out...reading the manual is pleasure enough.
F1 2016 - Baku in Azerbaijan is calling...might stick a practice session in, see if I can get a half decent time on the circuit
Call of Duty:Infinite Warfare - very much enjoying the campaign so far...enough so to keep me away from the remastered Modern Warfare for the moment and Titanfall 2

I might finish my boardgame ARR (or just pack it up for the moment) - I've been having a real itching to get back to my modelling, and I can't have nboth out...so the boardgame thing may have to take a back seat for the time being. I haven't done any modelling since May!!

I should clarify - SCALE modelling - I don't want you lot looking for a calendar with me on it firing as hose at some scantily clad ladies - now that's created some images you won't be able to get rid of soon >:D


Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Dammit Carl!

Hunh.  Video works for me.  Let me try and rework it.

Sorry 'bout that.

JudgeDredd

#3
NP...thought I should let you know.

Sorted   :clap:

Enjoyed it, btw.

I like Friday threads because you get to hear songs you might never have come across...and they spark interest when someone mentions a game you don't have or haven't played ina  while
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MengJiao

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 18, 2016, 04:57:19 AM
Hunh.  Video works for me.  Let me try and rework it.

Sorry 'bout that.

  Probably some more Attila: Age of Charlemagne

undercovergeek

I have a rare commitmentless weekend - there will be cinema, maybe arrival, maybe some weepy lighthouse tosh depending on how much 'payback' I desire

I have an urge to finish my vanilla dwarf campaign in warhammer so I can download the mod discussed over there in the tww thread and try the empire again before I crumble for the wood elves dlc

It's 1850 in my civ 6 game, it's very close at the top, if I need to hamstring an opponent I have enough firepower to steal a city or 2 but there is an unmet player who is 2/3 of the way to a religious victory, so he needs a visit from uncle Pericles and then I shall unleash the Greek airforce and bomb Saudi Arabia flat because he likes that kind of thing

Having been seduced by knights of honour I might download that and battle with the ultimate mod but all the rave reviews seem to be pointing at the unmoderated game anyway so no harm if it doesn't work

And maybe set up a new game of stellaris

And start carving my wooden spoon for JD

Anguille

#6
Must be hard to play with these masks on....hard to breath and hard to see where you put your fingers!

I have different games i want to play (also new games like Ultimate General or Pre-History Egypt).

I will however mostly play:

- Civilization V: i have to games going on (Japan on a wolrd map and Rome on an Europe map)....really don't see why i should by Civiliization VI...CIV V is really great.
- Master of Orion CtS, continue my campaign as the Mrsshan. I knew it was very much inspired by CIV V but now that i finally play CIV V, i see so many things have just been copied (like the need for Embassies etc.). Anyway...this makes it very easy to go from to the other.
- Knights of Honor with the ultimate mode...didn't play this much in the last few years but this mod will give it a new life for me. Don't know yet what faction i am going to play.

As usual, i guess i'll play some other things too.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 18, 2016, 06:32:18 AM
I have a rare commitmentless weekend - there will be cinema, maybe arrival, maybe some weepy lighthouse tosh depending on how much 'payback' I desire

I have an urge to finish my vanilla dwarf campaign in warhammer so I can download the mod discussed over there in the tww thread and try the empire again before I crumble for the wood elves dlc

It's 1850 in my civ 6 game, it's very close at the top, if I need to hamstring an opponent I have enough firepower to steal a city or 2 but there is an unmet player who is 2/3 of the way to a religious victory, so he needs a visit from uncle Pericles and then I shall unleash the Greek airforce and bomb Saudi Arabia flat because he likes that kind of thing

Having been seduced by knights of honour I might download that and battle with the ultimate mod but all the rave reviews seem to be pointing at the unmoderated game anyway so no harm if it doesn't work

And maybe set up a new game of stellaris

And start carving my wooden spoon for JD

Let us know what you think about Arrival. I saw it on opening day. Found it very enjoyable. Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner were both fantastic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2016, 07:15:35 AM
Let us know what you think about Arrival. I saw it on opening day. Found it very enjoyable. Amy Adams and Jeremy Renner were both fantastic.

I've heard only good things about it from people who have seen it. Nice to have some for real sci-fi in theaters. Feels retro.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 18, 2016, 06:32:18 AM
...
And start carving my wooden spoon for JD
'cos what? I don't have enough?  :knuppel2:

1 point...1 stinking point we lost against the Aussies!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

OJsDad

Turning 48 today, so with work and celebrating wont get much gaming in today.  But the rest of the weekend should get some in.

BarthHeart and I will keep slugging it out with Flashpoint Red Storm PBEM game.

Thinking maybe some more Darkest Hour, Crusdader Kings II and maybe try to get back into Cities:Skylines.   
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JudgeDredd

hApPy bIrThDaY OJ  \m/

And My daughter and wife went to see Arrival and said it was very good...and neither of them are much into sci-fi
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on November 18, 2016, 08:10:51 AM
Turning 48 today, so with work and celebrating wont get much gaming in today.

Happy Birthday, man!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2016, 08:13:35 AM
hApPy bIrThDaY OJ  \m/

And My daughter and wife went to see Arrival and said it was very good...and neither of them are much into sci-fi

Thanks JD.

Is Arrival a reboot of Epoch: Evolution?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people