Matrix holiday 2016 sale is here!

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 23, 2016, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 23, 2016, 11:33:25 AM
Quote from: -budd- on November 23, 2016, 10:15:24 AM
I will look at WITW but it doesn't seem to have a lot of smaller scenarios, the main campaign may be to much for my feeble brain

The expansion has 10 smaller scenarios (and is also 50% off)
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/572/details/Gary.Grigsby's.War.in.the.West:.Operation.Torch
I just went to fire up WitW and the extra scenarios (as mentioned in your link above) show...but clicking on it tells me the WitW expansion is not installed.

So, WTF does it show me the scenarios. Also, there's no way of knowing what are the "add on" scenarios...there's no identifier to say which are add-ons and which are the original game. That's a poor show having them displayed, I have to say.  :pullhair:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

I really hope LnL Pub will do a holiday sale so I can finally snatch Command Ops 2.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: chemkid on November 23, 2016, 12:29:23 PM
i still remember the day... a large 'dented' box delivered by the fedex man (another man?!) with game cd, books and the map pack!
it was cheap!! didn't have to pay the customs office and it was still a release discount - those were the days...

thank you matrix, now i'm broke as a joke...

You bought the maps?

I never had any intention, just curious what the shipping would be....I'll never invest another dollar into that product.

Sir Slash

I'm looking hard at both 'Wars of Napoleon' and 'To End All Wars', both on sale. I'm thinking WON is probably still buggy as hell and by now TEAW's should be more stable. I've perused the forums, but what say you Grogs? Anybody heard anything new recently? Opinion on.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Wars interested in Napoleon, but heard it was very buggy. I have to End All Wars but have not played it. I thought this conflict was not well suited for the AGEOD engine?

Grim.Reaper

Really the only things considering....

WITW and WITE
SOW: Waterloo (the two expansions)

mirth

I picked up all the Panzer Corps DLC I was missing.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

Accounting Man - Battle Academy 2 is fantastic, you can't go wrong. GET IT
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

This might be the sale that I finally pull the trigger on DC:B.

...and WitW

...and WitE

...and Pike and Shot

dammit I'm such a gamewhore.
Insert witty comment here.

bbmike

I'm also looking at DC:B, WitW and that Steel Panthers special edition thing.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

vyshka

Grabbed WITW and Operation Torch expansion. Quite likely will grab the CMANO bits before the sale is done because I have no willpower.

Dammit Carl!

Curse you Matrix, for taking advantage of this sad soul with poor impulse control and a PayPal account!

OJsDad

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on November 23, 2016, 07:14:34 PM
Curse you Matrix, for taking advantage of this sad soul with poor impulse control and a PayPal account!

I don't have a PayPal account and they took advantage of me also!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy


-budd-

Picked up HOS, looking at WITW & Torch, no hurry, plenty of time to talk myself into it. Saw the Campaign series for $9.99 good deal and mine works on Win10 just fine, you get east front, west front and rising sun all in one package lots of wargaming there. Combat Command is another nice little wargame for $7.99. The graphics are simple but do the job, the AI is pretty good, phase game play and it comes with 40 scenarios. This might be Matrix best sale, too bad i have most everything. Nice that its right before the long weekend here. Off to check out the Steam sale.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.