Matrix holiday 2016 sale is here!

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 23, 2016, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acctingman

Quote from: -budd- on November 23, 2016, 08:35:22 PM
Picked up HOS, looking at WITW & Torch, no hurry, plenty of time to talk myself into it. Saw the Campaign series for $9.99 good deal and mine works on Win10 just fine, you get east front, west front and rising sun all in one package lots of wargaming there. Combat Command is another nice little wargame for $7.99. The graphics are simple but do the job, the AI is pretty good, phase game play and it comes with 40 scenarios. This might be Matrix best sale, too bad i have most everything. Nice that its right before the long weekend here. Off to check out the Steam sale.

I too am looking at the Tiller Series, but (even at $10) I think it's too complex for my MMO short term mentality. Battle Academy is even a stretch for me  :uglystupid2:

RyanE

I am considering Campaigns Middle East.  Just not sure I'll ever play it.  Did notice the CMNAO and Harpoon were basically the same price.  There is something wrong somewhere...

Al

Noticed that CMANO is $28 - which is very tempting.  Have a feeling though I wouldn't play it much.  BTW, if someone wants Harpoon - $5 to cover US postage and it's yours.
Al

Hofstadter

Is it worth getting Cmano, been out for years so god knows how much life is in it
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Rekim

CMANO has been out 3 years. Frequent updates to the engine/scenario packs + DLCs are keeping it fresh. CMANO is aging very well imo

Raied

For anyone thinking of AGEOD games, my recommendation is to get Thirty Years War, it is stable and most suited war for the engine. I didnt fire Wars of Napoleon for long, but still I see a lot of complains on their forums.
PON is too slow and many things to do with no very little return on investment in a short term, if you have a lot of time, you can get it, otherwise it is better to play Victoria 2, unless you want to play multiplayer PBEM them PON is better.

I will get WitW, no question.. but I am not not sure if I shall get those titles:
Series Campaign: ME
Tigers on the Hunt
TOAW III

Also, what do you think about this game: Time of Fury, I saw on steam just now.
Oh yeah, get DC:B if you dont have it yet, it is a must :D.

Anguille

I think that Time of Fury is really worth it for that price. I've had my fun with it and will probably play it again at some point.

I got myself so far:

- Polaris Sector
- 4 dlcs for Field of Glory


Raied

Quote from: Anguille on November 24, 2016, 03:31:20 AM
I think that Time of Fury is really worth it for that price. I've had my fun with it and will probably play it again at some point.


Thanks, it will be on my priority list now :)

chemkid

Quote from: airboy on November 23, 2016, 08:12:42 PM
How is Espania 1936??
very nice flavor and fun to play. there were some problems but i don't remember them...
please check the 'new' ageod forum, maybe the threads are still alive.

the game was definitely worth it because it made me read this:

http://www.antonybeevor.com/previous-books/the-battle-for-spain-the-spanish-civil-war-1936-1939/

a good read and together with the game = some very interesting hours!  O0

chemkid

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 23, 2016, 03:46:28 PM
Quote from: chemkid on November 23, 2016, 12:29:23 PM
i still remember the day... a large 'dented' box delivered by the fedex man (another man?!) with game cd, books and the map pack!
it was cheap!! didn't have to pay the customs office and it was still a release discount - those were the days...

thank you matrix, now i'm broke as a joke...

You bought the maps?

I never had any intention, just curious what the shipping would be....I'll never invest another dollar into that product.

hell yeah, i bought the mapmap, alright?!  :hide:
...my second worst 'investment' in wargaming purchases - guess you'll wonder what's worse than buying the mappack!  :tickedoff:

jamus34

Didn't Jarhead or JD say the Flashpoint games are really good too?
Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm is a great game. Lots of replay value and great fun PBEM. Just ask OJsDad how much fun he's having stopping my Red hordes.  :D

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

Quote from: Raied on November 23, 2016, 11:15:31 PM
For anyone thinking of AGEOD games, my recommendation is to get Thirty Years War, it is stable and most suited war for the engine. I didnt fire Wars of Napoleon for long, but still I see a lot of complains on their forums.
PON is too slow and many things to do with no very little return on investment in a short term, if you have a lot of time, you can get it, otherwise it is better to play Victoria 2, unless you want to play multiplayer PBEM them PON is better.

I will get WitW, no question.. but I am not not sure if I shall get those titles:
Series Campaign: ME
Tigers on the Hunt
TOAW III

Also, what do you think about this game: Time of Fury, I saw on steam just now.
Oh yeah, get DC:B if you dont have it yet, it is a must :D.

Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a great game for 19.99, in my most humble and biased opinion of course. Lots of contents, with board game conversion scenarios available as add-on downloads. It is still being developed, with a major upgrade planned for Spring 2017.

However, I am biased, as said  O:-)
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

WitW and WitE, I might have run out of excuses to buy thee...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY