Matrix holiday 2016 sale is here!

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 23, 2016, 06:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rocketman

Quote from: jamus34 on November 24, 2016, 08:57:54 AM
Didn't Jarhead or JD say the Flashpoint games are really good too?
Highly recommended - one of my favourite game engines. If only they adapted it to WWII as well I would be a very happy camper.
The game just had a big update with some nice features.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Asid on November 23, 2016, 10:34:33 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2016, 10:20:52 AM
World in Flames -50%  :notworthy:

#:-)

Hey the map pack is 50% off as well  :bd:

Very tempting. I desire those maps which I'll never use to go with the game I never play and the books I never read. All perfectly normal, right?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2016, 09:28:24 AM
How much fun is it, OJsDad?

So much fun I keep coming back for more.  Especially when I get reactions like this from Barthheart in the first couple of minutes;

Quote"ACK! You're right there!?!? Ouch that first 20 minutes hurt.... a lot...."

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 24, 2016, 09:44:38 AM
Quote from: Asid on November 23, 2016, 10:34:33 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2016, 10:20:52 AM
World in Flames -50%  :notworthy:

#:-)

Hey the map pack is 50% off as well  :bd:

Very tempting. I desire those maps which I'll never use to go with the game I never play and the books I never read. All perfectly normal, right?

Make sense to me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on November 24, 2016, 09:46:46 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2016, 09:28:24 AM
How much fun is it, OJsDad?

So much fun I keep coming back for more.  Especially when I get reactions like this from Barthheart in the first couple of minutes;

Quote"ACK! You're right there!?!? Ouch that first 20 minutes hurt.... a lot...."

That does sound fun.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Yskonyn

Quote from: OJsDad on November 24, 2016, 09:46:46 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2016, 09:28:24 AM
How much fun is it, OJsDad?

So much fun I keep coming back for more.  Especially when I get reactions like this from Barthheart in the first couple of minutes;

Quote"ACK! You're right there!?!? Ouch that first 20 minutes hurt.... a lot...."

That looks like something I have often sent to my opponent in Combat Mission. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Yeah but then next meeting I had air assets and he had cameras to fight them with...  \m/

OJsDad

Quote from: Barthheart on November 24, 2016, 09:51:12 AM
Yeah but then next meeting I had air assets and he had cameras to fight them with...  \m/

I'm blaming Capn Darwin for that!  Frakking give the Sovs fixed wing assets and the US not a single Stinger missile.   :pullhair:  :tickedoff:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

DennisS

Am I stupid, or what? 13,200 games on sale, and I pay full price for Motorsport Manager. Oh...it's a GREAT game, by the way!

JasonPratt

Re Pr0n multiplayer: I haven't tried that yet, but I have to think it's more feasible than Vicky2 multiplayer (which must however be hilarious, considering the engine).

We have an mp Pr0n campaign with... three of the Grogs, I think? Maybe four? More than two... somewhere in the Digital AARs. As I recall, some kind of catastrophic bug killed the game eventually, but it was fooling along nicely until then.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2016, 09:28:24 AM
How much fun is it, OJsDad?

If you love cold war 80's wargaming with Nato vs WP, I would get this for sure.  BH and I have completed 3 scenarios, but we could easily go back and play them several more times and not have the same outcomes.  The options to deploy your forces from the beginning lends itself to lots of replays.  And that doesn't even consider BH and I switching sides!

I do wish you could use the campaigns in multiplayer mode, but there are enough head to head scenarios to last us a while.

If anyone picks up Flashpoint Red Storm and wants to PBEM, PM me.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Heh. I own it. And Germany Reforged. Just need to actually play :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 24, 2016, 11:09:07 AM
Re Pr0n multiplayer: I haven't tried that yet, but I have to think it's more feasible than Vicky2 multiplayer (which must however be hilarious, considering the engine).

We have an mp Pr0n campaign with... three of the Grogs, I think? Maybe four? More than two... somewhere in the Digital AARs. As I recall, some kind of catastrophic bug killed the game eventually, but it was fooling along nicely until then.  O0

I was having fun. It was me, sdr  and geek.

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2016, 11:20:33 AM
Heh. I own it. And Germany Reforged. Just need to actually play :P

I hadn't played in over a year when BH and I stared PBEM about a month or so ago.  It's not hard to pick up. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on November 24, 2016, 11:20:33 AM
Heh. I own it. And Germany Reforged. Just need to actually play :P

Yeah I need to pickup the Reforged scenario pack during the Matrix sale.