Israel Prepares to Move on Syria

Started by LongBlade, July 28, 2012, 02:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

I know there is already a thread discussing Syria (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=1930.0), but this is a new evolution in the situation and deserves to be brought out into its own thread.

QuoteSources close to the Israel Defense Force told FoxNews.com soldiers have been put on standby and are ready to move, while civilian demand for gas masks has jumped 66 percent over the last few weeks from 2,200 to 3,700 per day. The fears center around the prospect of Hezbollah getting Syrian chemical weapons as the Assad regime shows imminent signs of collapse.

"Israel...will not hold back and will respond decisively if this happens," Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/28/as-assad-teeters-israel-prepares-for-battle

Clearly there is concern that elements in Syria will attempt to transfer WMD stockpiles to Hezbollah. The article does not discuss specifics, but it should come as no surprise that Israel would view such an event as unacceptable.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

on a brighter note its not the end of days as we havnt built the 3rd temple yet.  8)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

^I just put the roof on mine in the woods out back.

This is scary stuff. I wonder when the Israelis will preemptively attack...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

in the case of WMD it wont be an invasion.
airstrikes and commando raids would be the order of the day.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

I am also curious how the Syrians think they will get their WMDs to Hezbollah or anyone else without notice...tunnels, like the crossings between Egypt and Gaza? Or some other way?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2012, 04:53:04 PM
I am also curious how the Syrians think they will get their WMDs to Hezbollah or anyone else without notice...tunnels, like the crossings between Egypt and Gaza? Or some other way?

All I can say is that I expect to find a whole lot of carnage however/wherever it is. I don't expect Israel to just sit back and watch this happen.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^No way...and I'm sure the usual suspects will come out screaming about Israeli aggression.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Interesting.  I wonder if Mitt's visit to Israel and the communist in office recent message to Israel have anything to do with this?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jarhead0331

What kind of WMDs are we talking about?  I would think they are weapons that require relatively conventional means of deployment, ie. air dropped ordnance.  Not sure hezbollah would have the means to successfully deploy them.  Still, hopefully Isreali assets won't let the world find out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

and what they have, if they have it, came from Iraq.  :o
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2012, 04:53:04 PM
I am also curious how the Syrians think they will get their WMDs to Hezbollah or anyone else without notice...tunnels, like the crossings between Egypt and Gaza? Or some other way?

a few CWC mortar shells hidden between cabbage on a beaten up donkey-cart steered by some old fart in rags crossing into Libanon would be enuf  :o

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on July 28, 2012, 10:45:57 PM
Mostly gas, sarin, mustard gas, etc:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syria_and_weapons_of_mass_destruction

Right, but my comment focuses on delivery systems and based upon your link, I appear to be correct...

Quote
Delivery systems

In addition to potential aircraft and artillery delivery systems, Syria has several hundred Scud model B, C, and D missiles, and perhaps a thousand SS-21 missiles.

Those delivery systems are all conventional, and I think that would make it very difficult for Hezbollah to deploy effectively.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


junk2drive

The good news is that the Hezbollah McGivers that blow themselves up making IEDs will now gas the whole compound.

GDS_Starfury

Iron Dome is also now fully operational.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.