12 year customer reward Matrix, help me Choose!

Started by Yskonyn, November 17, 2016, 03:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

chemkid

great news! love to have a PBEM match with you someday.   O0

before you print the whole guide make sure to have a look at rainman's condensed rules for wite:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4083700
these are 'almost' up-to-date and make more sense than the 'old' guide...

cheers!  :)

Con

I have a love hate back to obsessive compulsive beaten wargaming spouse syndrome with WITE.  Its so simple and complex at the same time that its like government work.

I am playing the road to Smolensk scenario for the umpteenth time and try as I might I cant seem to get across the Dnieper before turn 3 (despite watching countless videos and reading rules etc).  Every time I play I learn another complex rule.  This last one I learned that keeping your motorpool healthy is critical and willy nilly moving HQs and supplies to fast to far forward chews up your trucks until you dont have enough to supply your offensive.

WitE I hate you (but lets try one more time this time for sure I will breakthrough)



JasonPratt

By a completely providential coincidence, WitE picked up a new patch this weekend!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Yskonyn, thanks for starting this thread.  I just received a 21% coupon today!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Geezer

Just got my 12 year coupon today (41% off).  Somewhat sad I just bought SCWWII - WiE when it first came out although it's a great game.  Already own Distant Universe, DC Barbarossa, WitE (alpha and beta tester), and WitW all of which I saw recommended here.  Modern stuff doesn't interest me.  Might pick up Polaris Sector although I just got early access to Endless Space 2.  Might pick up some of the dlc for Alea Jacta Est even though I have not played the original yet.  So many games, so little time...  :)
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

OJsDad

c
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 09, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
So, what will it be for you then?

It'll be closer to Christmas, but DC:Barbarossa, WitP:AE, and FPRS:Reforger, if I can use it on all three at checkout.  If not, then probably WitP:AE.  Though I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed by it. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

WITP-AE. Your a bold man, that's game looks like a life style choice. I like Pacific stuff and have looked at that so many times , just yesterday in fact. I know I'm not up to it, but it tasks me .
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Boggit

Quote from: -budd- on December 09, 2016, 02:04:31 PM
WITP-AE. Your a bold man, that's game looks like a life style choice. I like Pacific stuff and have looked at that so many times , just yesterday in fact. I know I'm not up to it, but it tasks me .
Yeah, Atilla60 and Jejo68 have been playing their game if WitP for several years now and are still going!
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Yskonyn

Quote from: OJsDad on December 09, 2016, 12:48:16 PM
c
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 09, 2016, 11:21:15 AM
So, what will it be for you then?

It'll be closer to Christmas, but DC:Barbarossa, WitP:AE, and FPRS:Reforger, if I can use it on all three at checkout.  If not, then probably WitP:AE.  Though I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed by it.

Nice! I have AE as well and have played a few smaller scenarios.
I never started a Grand Campaign yet.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

MC

Quote from: ArizonaTank on November 19, 2016, 02:16:55 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 17, 2016, 03:09:10 AM
I just received a 41% discount coupon for being a customer for 12 years.
Two years ago I chose WitW with my coupon, but now I am curious what you guys would pick!

If only Distant Worlds 2 was on pre-order! ;)

The voting is open!

I have been an Matrix games customer for a very long time and never gotten one of these..:(

Same here. I've been a customer for 12 years and don't ever remember receiving a coupon. I do get emails from them when they run specials but never a coupon.  :(

Geezer

I "think" they base it off how long you have had a forum account.  Just buying games might not be enough.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Geezer

Found this at the Slitherine site.  Everything you wanted to know about the anniversary coupon and more:



QuoteAnniversary Coupons

Postby IainMcNeil » 13 Jan 2016 11:35
We like to reward our loyal fans and we've come up with a great way to do that. Now, just by being a member of the community you can get up to 50% off your purchases in the store! All you need to do is create an account on the forum and your discount will start building up! Remember to use a valid email address as the coupons will be sent to this address!

How it Works
On the Anniversary of the date you register with us you'll get your coupon! This date will be either the date you set up your forum account on Slitherine or Matrix, or the date you registered your first game with us. If you play any PBEM++ games, it could be the first time you logged in to multiplayer, as this automatically registers your serials.
On the Anniversary you'll receive a mail that links you to the coupon generator which is built in to the http://samelogin.slitherine.com system.

The registration date is take in this priority:
1. The date you registered for the Matrix members area.
2. If you never registered for the Matrix members area, the date you registered for the Matrix forum.
3. If you never did either of the above then the date you registered for the Slitherine site, forum or first played a PBEM++ game.

When Will I receive My Coupon?
To check when your Anniversary coupon will be sent go to [My Account]

How Do I Use My Coupon?
The coupon can only be used in the Slitherine, Matrix & Ageod stores. To use your coupon, add items to your shopping cart as normal and on the checkout page enter your coupon. Your coupon will expire 30 days after it is generated so make sure you use it quick!

Why Do I get a Coupon?
Because you're great and we really appreciate you being a member of the community. You don't need to do anything other than have an account with us to get one, though the longer you've been with us and the more games you register the higher your discount will be!

I Didn't get a Coupon!
If you think you should have had a coupon then check your Anniversary date at [My Account]. If that looks ok, then check the email address that the account is linked to and check there is no typo in the email address. If that looks ok, check your spam filter to make sure it was not removed. Finally check that you have not opted out of receiving the coupons here [Anniversary Coupons List]. If that all looks fine you can resend your coupon here [Request New Email].

My Coupon Doesn't Work
The coupons have been thoroughly tested so it's unlikely the coupon is really not working. Carefully check you have entered the coupon correctly. Make sure there are no leading or training spaces when you enter it. Remember the coupon can only be used once, so don't share it with a friend or you won't be able to use it! If you're sure you've done everything right then contact support and they'll help you work out the problem.

I've Lost My Coupon!
Don't worry, you can just look up your coupon again by going to [Anniversary Coupons List].

I Don't Want Your Coupon!
No problems! We know not everyone likes to receive mails so if you don't want to receive a coupon just unsubscribe here [Unsubscribe].

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask! Make sure you let you friends know as we want to send out as many of these as we can to reward our loyal fans!
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

MC

Quote from: Geezer on December 11, 2016, 08:42:16 AM
Found this at the Slitherine site.  Everything you wanted to know about the anniversary coupon and more:



QuoteAnniversary Coupons

Postby IainMcNeil » 13 Jan 2016 11:35
We like to reward our loyal fans and we've come up with a great way to do that. Now, just by being a member of the community you can get up to 50% off your purchases in the store! All you need to do is create an account on the forum and your discount will start building up! Remember to use a valid email address as the coupons will be sent to this address!

How it Works
On the Anniversary of the date you register with us you'll get your coupon! This date will be either the date you set up your forum account on Slitherine or Matrix, or the date you registered your first game with us. If you play any PBEM++ games, it could be the first time you logged in to multiplayer, as this automatically registers your serials.
On the Anniversary you'll receive a mail that links you to the coupon generator which is built in to the http://samelogin.slitherine.com system.

The registration date is take in this priority:
1. The date you registered for the Matrix members area.
2. If you never registered for the Matrix members area, the date you registered for the Matrix forum.
3. If you never did either of the above then the date you registered for the Slitherine site, forum or first played a PBEM++ game.

When Will I receive My Coupon?
To check when your Anniversary coupon will be sent go to [My Account]

How Do I Use My Coupon?
The coupon can only be used in the Slitherine, Matrix & Ageod stores. To use your coupon, add items to your shopping cart as normal and on the checkout page enter your coupon. Your coupon will expire 30 days after it is generated so make sure you use it quick!

Why Do I get a Coupon?
Because you're great and we really appreciate you being a member of the community. You don't need to do anything other than have an account with us to get one, though the longer you've been with us and the more games you register the higher your discount will be!

I Didn't get a Coupon!
If you think you should have had a coupon then check your Anniversary date at [My Account]. If that looks ok, then check the email address that the account is linked to and check there is no typo in the email address. If that looks ok, check your spam filter to make sure it was not removed. Finally check that you have not opted out of receiving the coupons here [Anniversary Coupons List]. If that all looks fine you can resend your coupon here [Request New Email].

My Coupon Doesn't Work
The coupons have been thoroughly tested so it's unlikely the coupon is really not working. Carefully check you have entered the coupon correctly. Make sure there are no leading or training spaces when you enter it. Remember the coupon can only be used once, so don't share it with a friend or you won't be able to use it! If you're sure you've done everything right then contact support and they'll help you work out the problem.

I've Lost My Coupon!
Don't worry, you can just look up your coupon again by going to [Anniversary Coupons List].

I Don't Want Your Coupon!
No problems! We know not everyone likes to receive mails so if you don't want to receive a coupon just unsubscribe here [Unsubscribe].

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask! Make sure you let you friends know as we want to send out as many of these as we can to reward our loyal fans!

It looks like I should be covered under number three. I'm sending a help desk email to see if I need to do something else to get this working for me. Will report back when I get a response.

Warhorse

Just got Panzer Corps Gold, had two titles previously, but couldn't pass up sale+41% discount!!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue