Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

I bought the first big DLC (orcs? nomads) and the bloodpack. My recommendation is to skip all of the DLC until they go on massive sale. They add nothing major to the base game except "flavor"...and not much of that. The patches have the major improvements without the DLC. This is CA taking gold mining to a new level. I imagine I will someday get them all, but not until they are 75% + off. I have all of their other games and DLC and I have to admit that Warhammer has taken merchandising to a new level. It pisses me off, really, that I did not come up with a cash cow like this. Well, not a cash cow, more like a cash HERD. Truly, TW: Warhammer has elevating CA to a new height in milking money from their customers. I applaud them and I would definitely expect to see Warhammer  as a case study if I were to take my college marketing classes again.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

I have to agree and I love the series. But still have not bought this one.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Freyland

I'm really not bent about the DLC. All the content will be in my game as opponents, I just have to pay for what I actually want to play as. It's a lot like a soup and salad buffet, and as long as the main course is good, I'm going to enjoy my meal.*


Yes, I have preordered all the DLC as they became available. Shut up.

mikeck

 I don't understand why people get upset at DLC offers like this.  I'd rather have additional characters or races be a DLC so that if I want them I can buy them but if I could care less I don't have to. For example I don't want elves, wood elves or any other kind of elf in my game so I won't buy the pack...,somebody else can. Think it's better that way. The base game itself was certainly worth the cost
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Freyland

Quote from: mikeck on December 09, 2016, 12:36:18 PM
I don't understand why people get upset at DLC offers like this.  I'd rather have additional characters or races be a DLC so that if I want them I can buy them but if I could care less I don't have to. For example I don't want elves, wood elves or any other kind of elf in my game so I won't buy the pack...,somebody else can. Think it's better that way. The base game itself was certainly worth the cost

Best not load it up anymore then.... they are already there, waiting for you.  Tricksie, they are.

Gusington

Just bought the base from CDKeys for 32.00. Now I can get the DLC I wanted and not feel guilty.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Woooooohooooooo

Well make a Phoenix guard of you yet

Gusington

 After the initial game downloads I am getting the Chaos DLC, the Grim and the Grave DLC and the blood pack, like I said above originally. For a grand total of ~50.00. Better than the ~65.00 it was originally going to be.

Any mods you all recommend?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

The one freyland likes I will try after a vanilla campaign but I'd give vanilla a bash first and see what you don't like

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 09, 2016, 07:25:58 PM
After the initial game downloads I am getting the Chaos DLC, the Grim and the Grave DLC and the blood pack, like I said above originally. For a grand total of ~50.00. Better than the ~65.00 it was originally going to be.

Any mods you all recommend?


Warhammer doesn't need mods IMO.   Not like many of the previous TWs.


Experience it vanilla for awhile.   Especially since it has more intimate features regarding your Lord, the generals, and agents.

Freyland

Going to humbly disagree Nefero, at least on one point-- vanilla garrisons are such a pushover that you might as well not have then in the game. Seriously, 5-12 peons are not going to stand up to 20 unit armies.

Actually, another "must"; without a mod allowing tier IV buildings minor settlements you are not going to see advanced units from the AI.

Gusington

You guys are right, I should probably try vanilla with DLCs first.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Gus, I'm so proud of you.  Welcome to the Old World!  <:-) 




Quote from: Gusington on December 09, 2016, 08:35:07 PM
You guys are right, I should probably try vanilla with DLCs first.
I'd recommend this as well.  Nothing stopping you from getting mods later, but I definitely feel the game deserves to be experienced in its vanilla form first. 


Incidentally, I second solops' opinion regard most of the DLC; it just ain't worth it, at least not until/unless one sees it at a decent sale price.  Not to say that there isn't some good material in them, just that they're not worth the standard sale price IMHO. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

Speaking of the Wood Elves DLC, there's also some free content coming our way (or "Free-LC", as CA loves to call it): 







The next major patch (Update 5) also dropped.  Patch notes: 


[spoiler]Known Issues

General

A few users may experience black textures in the campaign and battle maps. We recommend that you update to the latest drivers.

In the Multiplayer battle list, the first lobby is a little difficult to select, please slide the mouse down the list item to select it.

In French and Spanish, some playstyle icons are missing / blank on the faction selection screen.


DirectX 12 BETA

Some cases of the game crashing when leaving it minimised for a prolonged time or switching between resolutions and switching between Windowed and Full screen.



General Fixes and Improvements

Legendary Lords will now speak in the Front End when selected while starting a new Campaign.

Improved the heat haze on the Campaign map, which distorted the terrain incorrectly for some users.

Performance optimisations for maps with a lot of trees/vegetation in the outfield.

AI reinforcing the player in battle will now always attack after arriving on the field, and not defend the area where they entered the battle.

Resolved an issue that sometimes prevented the Battle AI from pursuing after it halts its advance to engage with ranged weapons.

Disabled the Campaign AI's ability to enter "Forced March" stance after razing a settlement.

Vampire Counts Necromancer's Tower building is buildable again for players that don't own The Grim & The Grave.

Fixed a Potion of Healing exploit in custom battle mode that involved using army setups from previous releases.

Lords in Battle are now less likely to sit idle on a contested capture point.

Added "Aftermaths" to the stats to the Statistics Tab in the Faction Summary during Campaigns.

Improved the Bolt Throwers unit Porthole image during Battle.

Manticore no longer playing Horse vocalisations when selected in Battle.

In Multiplayer Campaign mode, the player is no longer able to move the camera away from the post-Battle screen by clicking on the "Known Faction" list.

Summons that raise units out of the ground can no longer be cast on walls.

Breath type spells e.g. Wind Blast now map to the terrain better.

Fixed some missing destruction levels on Bretonnian Siege walls in Battle.

Lords with experience gain skills no longer gain all the experience per turn themselves and now correctly distribute it to the units in their army.


Call of the Beastmen

In the Fall of Man Quest Battle, the reinforcing Bretonnia Lord is now mounted on a Pegasus, rather than on foot.


The King & The Warlord

Clan Angrund's ethereal Ancestor Heroes can no longer be targeted by Assassination missions.

Greenskins' Beast Lairz building now provides bonuses to Squigs.

Skarsnik's Pernicious Precision faction trait now applies upkeep reduction bonuses to Goblin-based units.

When Clan Angrund Lords are injured/wounded, their replacements now correctly gain the +5 levels when the faction owns Karak Eight Peaks.

Added reload time and accuracy Rank 9 bonuses to Regiments of Renown with ranged Weapons.

Aspiring Champion units will no longer frequently fall off of siege ladders if the wall space where they are trying to dismount the ladder is occupied

Clarified the mission text on the 4.2 stage of the Liber Noctus quest chain for Helman Ghorst.

Added some missing text to the level 1 Savage Orc Camp building in the building browser.

Skulltakerz no longer have the Vampiric Influence diplomacy trait.

Added more selection vocalisations for Squig Herds and Squig Hoppers.

Fixed a bug where the rider would move to the wrong position on the Squig Hopper in the Porthole when selected battle.

Added VFX to Smoke Bomb ability.


Balancing Changes

Fix for Infantry performing splash attacks when charging.

All melee chariots have been rebalanced to impact harder, melee a bit longer and pull out better.

Most large flying units have an increased projectile hitbox size.

Tweaks to timers that make pulling out of melee more reliable. Units pulling out of combat will now ignore combat for a bit longer before getting dragged back in.

Potion of toughness max health replenishment reduced up to 50%

High King/Frenzy abilities now activate and deactivate when leadership goes above/below 50% mark.


Autresolver change

Autoresolver protects high quality units more, and has a stronger tendency to sacrifice low quality units.

Settlement defence towers are now much more powerful in the autoresolver.

Siege equipment (Siege Tower, Battering Ram, etc.) now has a more important role in the autoresolver.

It's now easier to wipe out entire units in battles (manual or autoresolved), as they don't have to suffer as much damage to get wiped out as before.


Units

Increased accuracy and reload stats of Regiments of Renown missile units to match rank 9 veterans.


MP Ability attachments:

Added Arcane Conduit to Heinrich Kemmler

Added Arcane Conduit to Balthasar Gelt

Removed Arcane Conduit, Stand Your Ground from Wurrzag

Removed Deadly Onslaught from Belegar Ironhammer

Removed Potion of Toughness from all heroes.

Changed Arcane Conduit to The Hunger for Strigoi Ghoul King.


Spells & Abilities

Movement and Freeze Movement ability duration rebalanced.

Added a new unit spawning ability balance system, all spawns are temporary.

All units summoned in battle (EG Cygor, Skeletons, Manticore etc) have a new negative ability named Unbinding. This inflicts damage over time to represent their instability. The Unbinding effect scales with the value of the unit.

Some text ordering and content fixes for mechanical ability text.

Frenzy and Frenzy-like units have new context flags, they trigger at half base morale rather than wavering.

Various minor tweaks and bug fixes

Squigs Go Wild!: removed unbreakable and causes fear attributes, added -18 defence penalty and +16 leadership bonus.

Itchy Nuisance duration changed from 36 to 20.

Cascading Fire Cloak changed to single target spell.

Fate of Bjuna power cost reduced from 15 to 13.


BRETONNIA

All flying mounts +50 MP cost

Pegasus -5 ground run speed, -5 fly speed

Pegasus hero mount –100 mass

Hippogryph -200 mass

Spearmen-at-Arms -2MA, +1BvsL (These, and the corresponding Empire Spearmen changes, aim at making them weaker against infantry, while retaining their anti-large efficiency).


BEASTMEN

Ungor Spearmen -2 MA

Ungor Spearmen (Shields) -2 MA, +2 MD

(Both Ungor Spear units were inconsistent in attack speeds and required animation and entity tweaks. They now equal their corresponding Empire units in both combat strength and cost, while Primal Fury gives them an edge in speed).

Centigors (Throwing Axe) added fire-whilst-moving animations

Minotaurs (all) -100 MP cost

Razorgor Chariot +8 MD, +6 Bonus vs Infantry, -6 CB

Razorgor Herd -150 MP cost, +2dmg, -4 AP damage, -12 HP, -2 Speed, minor changes to splash attacks and charge

(Razorgor have been rebalanced to fit the lower price point. A contextual example: with a bit of luck, they can defeat a unit of Greatswords in 3 charges while a unit of Crossbowmen is firing at them, and then have just enough HP left to also defeat the Crossbowmen).


CHAOS

Chaos Marauders -25 MP cost

Chaos Marauders (GW) +1 MD

(In wide formations, the Great Weapon Marauders take out the improved Dwarf Warrior with ~30% HP left. They cost more, but also have a decent speed advantage. They are also cost-effective against Greatswords).

Chariots (all) -100 MP cost, +8MD

Gorebeast Chariot -10CB, +4 MA

Chosen (Halberds) +4 BvsL, -2 MA, +4 MD

(We buffed the Halberd version of Chosen to be a bit more Anti-Large focussed, while holding their ground longer in all melee engagements).

Kholek +300 HP, +10 BvsL, reduced hit reaction chance, -attack interval, tail-swipe attacks

Shaggoth +402 HP, +10 BvsL, reduced hit reaction chance, -attack interval, tail-swipe attacks

(Kholek and Shaggoths can now convincingly defeat 1 Demigryph Halberd, 2 Reiksguard or 5-6 Squig Herds. They are still not cost effective against spearmen, but the tail attacks help against getting swarmed).

Giant reduced hit reaction chance


DWARFS

Miners with BC -25 MP cost

Dwarf Warriors (all) -25 MP cost, +2 MD, +2HP, +5A

(Now equal to 2 Empire Spearmen units in the front)

Dwarf Warriors GW -1 damage, +1 AP damage

(Now 2 DW GW nearly equal 1 Greatswords when attacking simultaneously, with the benefit of more versatility on the side of the Dwarfs).

Warriors of Dragonfire Pass (Dwarf Warriors) +2 HP

Longbeards (all) +1 MD, +2 HP

Longbeards GW – charge defence vs large added, -4 CB (For the same price, LB GW now have a slight advantage against Grave Guard, plus the additional benefits of Charge Def vs Large, more versatility and higher grumpiness).

The Grumbling Guard (Longbeards - Great Weapons) +1MD (Note that this LB unit keeps its higher CB instead of getting the Charge defence vs Large)

Irondrake Trollhammers -100 MP cost

Slayers -2dmg, +2 AP damage

Ironbreakers -100 MP cost

Norgrimlings Ironbreakers -50 MP cost

Gyrocopter & Gyrobomber +turn speed, -5 fly speed

Gyrocopter (Steamgun) + accuracy, + damage to centre of impact

Thunderers +1 damage

Dwarf Cannon +20 range

Organ Gun +15 range


EMPIRE

All flying mounts +50 MP cost

Griffon -200 mass

Spearmen (all) -1MA, -1CB, +1BvsL

(It now takes ~1.7 Spearmen with shields or ~2 Spearmen units to best one Dwarf Warrior unit (if for some reason you feel like bringing a spear to an axe-fight...)

Greatswords - spacing and charge animation changes, now fewer entities in the 2nd rank get an attack, slightly reducing overall charge damage

Handgunners +1 damage

Hellblaster Volley Gun -150 MP cost

Outriders (Grenade Launcher) -1s reload time, +4 explosion damage, +2 explosion AP damage, +10 range, -2 ammo

Free Company Militia -50 MP cost, + accuracy

Knights of the Blazing Sun –magic resistance


GREENSKINS

Chariots (all) -100 MP cost, +8MD

Orc Boar Boy Big Uns -2 CB, +1 damage, -1 AP damage

Broken Tusk Mob -2 CB, +1 damage, -1 AP damage, -4 Morale, -2 MD, -1MA, +200 cost

Giant reduced hit reaction chance

Squig Herd: reduced speed from 70 to 58, removed Vanguard Deployment, reduced mass.


VAMPIRES

Hellsteed -5 ground run speed, -5 fly speed

Grave Guards GW +2 AP damage, +1 MD, -2 CB, spacing and charge animation changes, now fewer entities in the 2nd rank get an attack, slightly reducing overall charge damage [/spoiler]

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces