Main Menu

FRIDAY on my mind

Started by Pete Dero, December 16, 2016, 03:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero



And 20 years earlier ...




Will take a look at the HOIV expansion this weekend.

JudgeDredd

Travelling to Sheffield to pick my daughter up from Uni for Christmas....yay  O0

I will game though and it'll probably be Space Hulk with maybe a bit of Thief thrown in. From out and out blast the f**k out of everything to sneaky, sneaky grab what I can without being seen... :clap:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Dammit Carl!

I'm staring down the barrel of several chairs that need from-the-ground-up fixing & reupholstering, so that's my "handyman," thing taken care of (oh, and car needs brakes too).

Otherwise, I'm still shooting e-people via RO2/Rising Storm and the new kid on the block, Rainbow Six: Siege.  Just dl'ed Siege this morning and have only made it through one of the training missions and I'm already in love with the destructible environment.  :bd:

Toonces

I'm drinking scotch, unless it warms up somehow...sun supernovas or something.

Not sure what I'll play, but it will likely be a standby: Scourge of War: Gettysburg, CK2, Rome 2, Shogun 2, Medieval 2, etc.

I've had a hankering to get back into War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition, but no way do I have the brain cells to do that tonight.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

Probably be a busy weekend prepping for Xmas, but hoping to do Waterloo Session tomorrow afternoon with Asid's gang. A little bit of World of Warships and Civ VI thrown in as well.

-budd-

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 16, 2016, 04:22:39 AM
Travelling to Sheffield to pick my daughter up from Uni for Christmas....yay  O0

I will game though and it'll probably be Space Hulk with maybe a bit of Thief thrown in. From out and out blast the f**k out of everything to sneaky, sneaky grab what I can without being seen... :clap:
Been eyeing the newest Thief for awhile,curious about your opinion on it. I loved the first two, and while the graphics are a little rough there still quite playable modded. Just curious how good the actual stealth is and if there's multiple ways to get to an objective or is it a strict on rails path.

Playing wise, well since I'm on vacation until Jan. 3rd after today,  \m/.. other than holiday stuff and  minor in house small fix it's I should have some gaming time :bd:. I have one CSME pbem still going with Jason, the other 3 are done, so Ill finish that up and then probably a bunch of spacehulk,not sure what else.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: -budd- on December 16, 2016, 07:45:15 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 16, 2016, 04:22:39 AM
Travelling to Sheffield to pick my daughter up from Uni for Christmas....yay  O0

I will game though and it'll probably be Space Hulk with maybe a bit of Thief thrown in. From out and out blast the f**k out of everything to sneaky, sneaky grab what I can without being seen... :clap:
Been eyeing the newest Thief for awhile,curious about your opinion on it. I loved the first two, and while the graphics are a little rough there still quite playable modded. Just curious how good the actual stealth is and if there's multiple ways to get to an objective or is it a strict on rails path.

Playing wise, well since I'm on vacation until Jan. 3rd after today,  \m/.. other than holiday stuff and  minor in house small fix it's I should have some gaming time :bd:. I have one CSME pbem still going with Jason, the other 3 are done, so Ill finish that up and then probably a bunch of spacehulk,not sure what else.
Thief is very good. I originally gave it 30 minutes and closed it down...I'm not big on sneaky games. However, on the say so of someone around these here parts, I gave it another go and am enjoying it very much.

I think there are multiple ways to do things...like noisy or secret and various ways to get into a place...though it is on rails a bit, The variations on how to do something are limited I think. But it's very enjoyable. I played the first chapter twice because I saw at the end of the first pass I had missed some items and also had been noisier than I had wanted.

I give it a  O0 O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Rayfer

PD....awesome song choice and perfect for this thread!  I'm thinking of getting SoW: Waterloo on sale for the holidays at Matrix. Or do I get the HoI4 DLC?    :o

JudgeDredd

I forgot about the song and having listened to it, I think it was in something I watched recently.....??
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 16, 2016, 08:10:32 AM
I forgot about the song and having listened to it, I think it was in something I watched recently.....??

It has been posted here before but I thought it was fitting as it is almost a year ago the lead singer died. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/28/stevie-wright-lead-singer-of-the-easybeats-dies-at-68

JasonPratt

Eh. Space Hulk: Left 4 Dead isn't grabbing me as much as I thought it would. The game is clearly set up to run on a controller, but it refuses to detect the controller I got specifically for Windows long ago. And as others have noted, the game just really doesn't expect you to be giving orders to your bot-team, although I appreciate them being programmed well enough to take up position on an open door and guard a corridor as I go by. I'm not likely to end up spending a lot of time on mp, for various reasons, so... I wonder if it's too late for me to do a Steam refund.  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Which leaves me over doing other things this weekend!  :D No doubt high on the list, will be continuing my LOTR:BFME2:TROTWK AAR, Khazâd du-bekâr. I've about got a handle on how best to summarize the next fight.

I would have continued already with this, but a few days ago I discovered that the version of Word I'm running on Win8.1, absolutely refuses to open a file larger than 512Megs -- it can save that file, and so work with that file, but won't open that file. Nor will it warn you that you're saving a file too large for it to open in the future.

In related news, that means the AAR thread is running at half a Gig in text and screenies already!  :o \m/

Fortunately, the AAR so far is already archived here; and more fortunately, WordPad will open a Word doc too large for Word to open.  :crazy2: Which means I didn't have to drag-and-drop a bunch of screenshots into new doc files. So I spent a whole night methodically creating and saving multiple doc files for a new archive so I won't have to worry about crossing that dreaded threshold again.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Playing through a new Age of  Charlemagne campaign as the Lombards. About 35 turns in and really enjoying it so far. Will also be reading up on Knights of Honor and maybe start a campaign there, as well as the new medieval/fantasy RTS that I just picked up at Steam on sale for about 3 dollah - the name of the which escapes me right now...:/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

SH: Deathwing, WOFF: UE, Polaris Sector, Astroneer and if Star Citizen 2.6 is released, definitely some Star Marine!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Barthheart

More PBEM FlashPoint Campaigns: RS with OJsDad.... his Brits are trashing my shiney T-80's  :hide:

More PBEM Plan Orange VASSAL with SDR.... My USN is doing a little better this time around... still not feeling the love for the game though... maybe it's like SDR said and the system is better in Empire of the Sun.

Started having fun in Stellaris again.. but the current galaxy has us all bunched in one corner... I hate that... Setup was me, 10 other starters and 2 fallen. 6 of us starters are all in the same 1/5 of the  four armed spiral galaxy.  :P

More testing for LnLT Solo module.

Might pick up the new Tank on Tank bundle... or wait for it on iOS as it seems a perfect fit for the iPad.