Sale on Command Ops 2 modules

Started by rocketman, December 16, 2016, 12:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Barthheart

Hmmmm.... might finally get this system.....  :)

JudgeDredd

Well, this piqued my interest again (as is always the case when threads like this pop up) and I'm very saddened to see that the existing stuff has not been updated - as in Foothills of the Gods, Highway to the Reich and The Cauldron do not have Situation maps...a small thing, but over a year ago I posted that the maps were missing and I was informed they were being worked on.

Still an astounding game.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Didn't I read at some point that didn't seem like active development because have to focus on other things?  Maybe I just misread it.

Yskonyn

 :bd: Thanks for the heads-up! Definately jumping in now.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RyanE

I constantly go back and forth on this one.  I have bought two different versions of Command Ops and get tempted by sales like this one.  But I know I won't play it.  Although I am playing SB a lot less and have to fill that hole.  Can only play Command so much.

Hofstadter

Im still waiting for them to get on steam.

How long is the sale?
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Con

I was reading in the forums that they should be going on steam soon.  Let me see if I can cut and paste the text.  I know Dave the owner of Panther games which developed Command Ops has been dealing with some pretty heavy personal real life issues.  As for me this is the game that will always have a permanent spot on my hard drive.  Only game where I really feel like a commander in WWII with all the challenges they faced.

QuoteSITREP Friday 9 Dec 2016.

Hi folks. Pavlo and I hope to hook up this Sunday evening to iron out the last of the hurdles with the registration code. This should clear the way for CO2 to go on Steam. It's been a long time coming, I know. LNL will be announcing a pre Xmas sale shortly. So stay tuned for that.


Pinetree

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 16, 2016, 12:28:58 PM
Well, this piqued my interest again (as is always the case when threads like this pop up) and I'm very saddened to see that the existing stuff has not been updated - as in Foothills of the Gods, Highway to the Reich and The Cauldron do not have Situation maps...a small thing, but over a year ago I posted that the maps were missing and I was informed they were being worked on.

Still an astounding game.
Yeah, the situation maps were mine to do. My hours at work changed and my spare time lessened. I was also spending far too much time on the pc and got burned out so I stopped. Not sure if I'll get back to them or not, I haven't discussed it with Dave yet.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

JudgeDredd

^ Well you should!! :-"

Seriously though, those situation maps were amazing and added that final touch to an excellent game.  :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Yskonyn

I just pulled the trigger on everything CO2 in the store. That should give me my strategic command fix for quite a while along with WitE.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

chemkid

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 17, 2016, 05:22:05 AM
I just pulled the trigger on everything CO2 in the store. That should give me my strategic command fix for quite a while along with WitE.
mate, you're on to some crazy shopping spree!!  :clap:
btw, i found your matrix coupon post from last year when you bought WitW with it...  :nerd:
enjoy your games, man!!!   :bd:

cheers!
chem!

(i really enjoy grogheads forum emoticons, thanks a lot!)

Yskonyn

Quote from: chemkid on December 17, 2016, 06:59:29 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 17, 2016, 05:22:05 AM
I just pulled the trigger on everything CO2 in the store. That should give me my strategic command fix for quite a while along with WitE.
mate, you're on to some crazy shopping spree!!  :clap:
btw, i found your matrix coupon post from last year when you bought WitW with it...  :nerd:
enjoy your games, man!!!   :bd:

cheers!
chem!

(i really enjoy grogheads forum emoticons, thanks a lot!)

Yes! BUT its all been economical! Not a single fully priced item!
WitE progress is coming along nicely, so expect a PBEM request fairly soon.  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 17, 2016, 08:00:21 AM
Yes! BUT its all been economical! Not a single fully priced item!

I use the same logic.  I'm slowly going broke saving money ...

Rayfer

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 17, 2016, 08:05:35 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 17, 2016, 08:00:21 AM
Yes! BUT its all been economical! Not a single fully priced item!

I use the same logic.  I'm slowly going broke saving money ...

LOL....never looked at it that way but you're right.  Going broke saving money!   :-\