Sale on Command Ops 2 modules

Started by rocketman, December 16, 2016, 12:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: Rayfer on December 17, 2016, 08:47:49 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on December 17, 2016, 08:05:35 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on December 17, 2016, 08:00:21 AM
Yes! BUT its all been economical! Not a single fully priced item!

I use the same logic.  I'm slowly going broke saving money ...

LOL....never looked at it that way but you're right.  Going broke saving money!   :-\

Whenever my wife buys a lot of stuff on sale I always ask her "What did you do with all the money you saved?"  :-"

Barthheart

Well... just downloaded the base game to try it out. Can't get it working properly.  :(

If I set the screen resolution to any value other than my current one, all the menus are black and you can't see any buttons.
If I set the screen res to my current value, 3840x2160, I can get into a scenario but the maps are screwed up when you zoom in all the way and the side panels have text running off the panel.

Oh well.

chemkid

QuoteWell... just downloaded the base game to try it out. Can't get it working properly.  :(
don't feel bad. i'm sure the devs over at panther will help you in a minute -
these resolutions are a 'new' thing for this niche and guess what, the latest WitW public beta has this item as the first thing in it's changelog:

QuoteV1.01.48 – 21 November 2016
New Features and Rule Changes
1. Game should once again function on Windows XP.

:nerd:

Jarhead0331

Anyone play the West Wall and Knock on All Doors scenarios? Do they offer any significant variation over the modules contained within the commander pack that they are worth splurging for?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Con

I have played a little of Knock on all Doors.  In terms of game play similar but different but scope is much larger.  It forces you to play as a division level too may units to micromanage.  You have to really understand your AI subordinate strengths and units and allow them enough time to plan.  Its scary trusting that the AI will deploy your regiments int eh wood line or blocking positions you want and when they dont well that is pretty historical as well.

Con

-budd-

I played a little of KOAD and agree with Con. Westwall is the only one I don't own. I've looked at it many times and will probably get it on sale. Westwall kinda showcases the reason they had to go to CO2, the ability to have massive maps going forward .... look here ..  http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/westwall-small-teaser.2033/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RyanE

What's the DRM on these games right now.  If they are going up on Steam soon, I might wait.  But the DRM is a simple reg number, I might consider the sale.  I can't believe I am caving in.  Damn you all, damn you all to hell.

rocketman

Quote from: RyanE on December 17, 2016, 12:52:18 PM
What's the DRM on these games right now.  If they are going up on Steam soon, I might wait.  But the DRM is a simple reg number, I might consider the sale.  I can't believe I am caving in.  Damn you all, damn you all to hell.
I take full responsibility for starting the thread - but, enjoy Hell  >:D

-budd-

if you dont own any of the games the commander pack is an awesome value, 5 modules for $59.99. Download the free demo with 3 varied scenarios to try it out, while its easy to play, understanding what all goes into it takes a bit of time, its a different wargamng beast. the DRM is the same as Matrix. I think there still working out how to get everyone who already bought a steam key when released, havent read any news on that in awhile.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RyanE

Darn...I was hoping you would say it was a dongle so it wold give me the will to resist.  I guess I'll pull the trigger and then stare at it for several months without playing it.

Raied

I will get one Module at least, it is 40% for an amazing game, even if I dont have time to play, I will play it for sure, one day, but its amazing the sale and Christmas and stuff...

rocketman

Anyone had problems with the store? Tried the purchase and get PayPal (don't use) or Credit Card option. The latter asks for Postal Code (?) which I don't have but it must be entered. Also, I can't submit a support ticked despite being logged in (not authorized).
:'(

Ubercat

Screw all that. I'll wait for Steam.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

Quote from: rocketman on December 18, 2016, 09:44:47 AM
Anyone had problems with the store? Tried the purchase and get PayPal (don't use) or Credit Card option. The latter asks for Postal Code (?) which I don't have but it must be entered. Also, I can't submit a support ticked despite being logged in (not authorized).
:'(

To submit a ticket you must be logged into the forums... which is a different login from the store.... very odd and David did say they were trying to fix that.

rocketman

Quote from: Barthheart on December 18, 2016, 11:25:50 AM
Quote from: rocketman on December 18, 2016, 09:44:47 AM
Anyone had problems with the store? Tried the purchase and get PayPal (don't use) or Credit Card option. The latter asks for Postal Code (?) which I don't have but it must be entered. Also, I can't submit a support ticked despite being logged in (not authorized).
:'(

To submit a ticket you must be logged into the forums... which is a different login from the store.... very odd and David did say they were trying to fix that.
I was logged in at both when trying to submit a ticket. I will try the purchase again later. Maybe all a temporary problem.