The Next Historical Total War Game will begin production in 2017

Started by AchillesLastStand, December 16, 2016, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fetrik

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 16, 2016, 12:51:45 PM
The second part of warhammer, is it what Attila was to Rome or is it a whole new game?

I assume it will be an expanded map with more races added. Possibly included a separate campaign just for the new map area.

Gusington

Fall of the Samurai also had railroads and they were very fun to use.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My Samurai certainly enjoyed them. Especially blowing the whistle.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.


Barthheart


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 19, 2016, 03:14:15 PM
Total War: Byzantium 1904

  Just your basic alternative universe thing -- Like Ironclads I: 1866 Russo-British War.  Which reminds me -- I was playing Ironclads II: Pacific War (no Date, but it does include a famous engagement in which torpedos were fired in earnest in 1880, I think) and, well...Fall of the Samuri had much better Ironclads and torpedos.

  So anyway...yeah, Total War Byzantium 1904 might be just the thing.


mikeck

I got my first wish: an AGEOD game covering the 18th century wars in Europe. I can game the War of Spanish Secession, War of Austrian Succession and the 7 years war.

So for Total War, I'd ask Santa for "Total War: Pike and Shot". Bridging  "Medieval 2 "and "Empire"....maybe 1500- 1700
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

We've already got Pike & Shot in the ironically named...Pike & Shot.

And I LOVED the naval combat in Fall of the Samurai. The most funnest naval combat in the whole series IMHO.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on December 19, 2016, 07:16:53 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 19, 2016, 03:14:15 PM
Total War: Byzantium 1904

  Just your basic alternative universe thing -- Like Ironclads I: 1866 Russo-British War.  Which reminds me -- I was playing Ironclads II: Pacific War (no Date, but it does include a famous engagement in which torpedos were fired in earnest in 1880, I think) and, well...Fall of the Samuri had much better Ironclads and torpedos.

  So anyway...yeah, Total War Byzantium 1904 might be just the thing.



I couldn't remember exactly what year we had referred to this strange alt-history Byzantium thing, back on the WG forums long ago.  So 1904 sounded pretty close, if not right on.  :-"


I wouldn't care much for alt-history.  Figure that if they're going to go with something unhistorical, they may as well grab a fun & storied fictional IP like they did with Warhammer. 

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2016, 08:05:40 PM
We've already got Pike & Shot in the ironically named...Pike & Shot.

And I LOVED the naval combat in Fall of the Samurai. The most funnest naval combat in the whole series IMHO.

   Given how badly the 30-years war has been covered (eg, the AEGOD version) a 30-years Total War/ Spanish Armada/80-years war would probably be a big improvement.  After their work in War Hammer they can add a MAlus MAlefactorum (Hammer of the evil) subplot with mesoamerican witches about to take over the world etc etc and only the Spansih Inquisistion can save you etc etc (though to put in a good word for the Spanish Inquisition, they did eventually figure out that witches were not "real" in their version of the game/universe).  Of coourse what do you name something like that that will trigger the debris of the period in the popular consciousness?  Not Pike and shot and not 80-years war total war, but....Witch Craze or something like that.

Gusington

Ironclads and Witches: Byzantium 1904, The Feathering.

Don't even try to pretend you would not buy that in either tabletop or on the PC!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2016, 10:01:07 AM
Ironclads and Witches: Byzantium 1904, The Feathering.

Will the movie have CGI Charlton Heston?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus