Main Menu

FRIDAY on my mind

Started by Pete Dero, December 16, 2016, 03:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Yes - send them to a really isolated town or city. There was one I used to visit at the southernmost part of the grand campaign map - in Africa, IIRC - and no other merchants would make it out there. I think I would trade in i ory and after a while would get the merchant some great experience with some good cash coming in too. The settlement was Timbuktu I think. I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember this...

And no papal aliens there either.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes, what worked for me was to put my new-born Merchants close to the center of my empire where I could see everything coming close by-- spies and Watch Towers are really good for this. If any other Merchant comes close with more experience, I hustle them into a nearby city where they're safe until the other guy passes by, then back out to where they were. It takes some time to get enough experience for them to survive on their own and then only did I send them afar. If you have an Assassin with a lot of experience, you can use them to guard nearby Merchants and whack the threatening ones but the other Merchants faction sometimes will react hostilely to this and you may start a war.

Merchants earn the most from mines so if you have some in your territory it makes a good place the let them experience-up until they all ready to go out on their own. The further away from your capital they go, the more the items they trade will usually earn-- like spices, dyes, amber in the east, and slaves.

If you're playing as Spain and you get far enough to discover the Americas, there's a ton of gold, silver and other high-value trade items there. A good Merchant can bring in 300 every turn easily from there. But, keep them someplace safe first until they get some good experience.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Innocently playing Polaris sector I was rudely interrupted by a steam sales rep

He explained that there was a new 4x to be considered - stars in shadow, I watched a few lets plays and was impressed and for just 12 pounds I couldn't resist, I'm liking it so far and we'll see how it goes

To the sales rep - it won't stop me getting endless space 2 !!!

bob48

Who was it 'geek, so that I can avoid the bugger?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Big dopey looking fkr, moustache, Black Country accent - not too sure

Sir Slash

That guy could be trouble.  :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna


bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Tuna on December 20, 2016, 02:36:38 PM
Bawb works for Steam now?

i suspect so - in the midst of gaming he just pops up and recommends a new game from steam, like the paperclip in word but with a big ass moustache

thats big ass        moustache

not big           ass moustache

cos thats weird

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2016, 09:58:24 AM
Yes - send them to a really isolated town or city. There was one I used to visit at the southernmost part of the grand campaign map - in Africa, IIRC - and no other merchants would make it out there. I think I would trade in i ory and after a while would get the merchant some great experience with some good cash coming in too. The settlement was Timbuktu I think. I can't remember what I had for breakfast but I can remember this...

And no papal aliens there either.



I approve this message.

Please donate to save endangered Medieval2 merchants.  You can save lives.  Call 1-800-FLO-RINS and prevent a merchant being gouged TODAY!

Cyrano

The balance of my day will be filled with trying not to think of ass mustaches.

Damn you.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Tuna

Quote from: Cyrano on December 20, 2016, 03:28:02 PM
The balance of my day will be filled with trying not to think of ass mustaches.

Damn you.

Maybe Bawb should pay you a visit!

Gusington

SteamBawb No Pants - Lord of the Asssstache

you're welcome
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd