Time Commanders is back - TV Show using the Total War engine

Started by Destraex, December 19, 2016, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

I agree Ted. Wargaming light edition.
Heck a mate of mine just got scourge of war waterloo which I was looking forward to getting into to have a game with... first thing he started whinging about was that the shade of the French cavalry uniforms seemed a little off!!
Horses for courses I say. Still great to see the units in total war looking so magnificent. If only the scourge of war fellas had access to the engine.

P.S. Another example of free market and trade is that I cannot watch this outside the UK. The video was taken down. I would be happy to pay a fee to gain access to it. But no such option. Regional discrimination is the name of the game.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Cyrano

Ted - You're point's an exceptional one and I'm a bit shame-faced it didn't occur to me.  Curious if they had the rights to say so, but I can't believe CA wouldn't pay THEM to say so.

If memory serves, the earlier iteration made plain that they were using a modified version of TW.

My wife uses some form of tunneling software to get me to be able to watch episodes on her iPhone, for heaven's sake.  Why we're doing that in 2016 is well past me.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Destraex

I know very well how to get around all of the protections... I just don't do it.
Australians have a reputation as the worst pirates in the world even though we are first world.. why? Because our media here (originally Murdoch and Fairfax) simply do not have the population base
to justify purchasing entire series just for Australia. Thus we are always years behind the rest of the world. Our Netflix service is not netflix but a cheap australian license of the real one that occasionally purchases the first season of something and then does not bother to get a second season for years.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Cyrano

So very weird.

I'm right here in the middle of mighty 'merica and couldn't get Jonathan Strange for months and now have to squint to see "Time Commanders".  I don't understand why they can't dun me $2.99 to watch an episode or some such.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bob48

I really enjoyed Jonathan Strange  :bd:

And if you liked that, then I bet you would like this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06vbmfq
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Father Ted

Quote from: Cyrano on December 27, 2016, 02:20:41 PM
So very weird.

I'm right here in the middle of mighty 'merica and couldn't get Jonathan Strange for months and now have to squint to see "Time Commanders".  I don't understand why they can't dun me $2.99 to watch an episode or some such.

I think dear old Aunty is in a slightly strange commercial situation.  We (the great British public) pay for the BBC through a mandatory licence fee, and yet it makes money through exporting programmes, so I'm not sure how it stands legally with all that.  Also some programmes are commissioned externally and I suspect some of those are the ones which the BBC aren't allowed to show on other networks.