Graviteams Mius Front and Operation Star on sale on steam. Worth a buy?

Started by Destraex, December 29, 2016, 10:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Destraex

I searched for topics here on this forum and found some on CM vs GT games. But the topics were convoluted and too long to follow
They are on sale on steam at the moment. I was considering getting GT MIUS front until I noticed that they were single player only.
CM is single and multi which is a major draw card for me. Are their any plans people know of of making GT games multi ... thier tanks sims are also single, a real shame.

CM certainly looks sharper but GT Tactics looks like a much larger scale especially when it comes to air attacks and the like? GT Tactics games look ugly and the interface when I played the operation star demo was atrocious. I was hoping MIUS Front fixed that, it certainly claims it has. Infantry does not seem to be 1:1 ratio though either? CM is.

Is MIUS front worth a purchase as a single player game on it's own? Worth playing with no prospect of social interaction?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

Definitely worth it. Worth more than the sale price.  It shines in the dynamic campaign aspect which  doesn't need to be multiplayer.  Just need to get used to the UI.  Mius does not revolutionize the GT UI but it did introduce some improvements.  Better than Op Star anyway.

Infantry is 1:1.  GT has loads of graphical deatails. More than CM. It's really fun to watch zoomed in.  But unfortunately, the scale demands you to be a bit zoomed out.

http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.sg/?m=1 Has a lot of write up on GT and CM

Destraex

Thank's Jomni. Dynamic campaign aspect hah. I do like dynamic campaigns. Something Combat Mission is sorely missing.

Can I ask if it is better to get operation star first? Is operation star so much lesser than MIUS front that I should just go with MIUS front.
Operation Star has a demo. I could try that and if it is comparable to MIUS front use it to judge?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Just played the operation star demo. Is their any way to see ammo counts and weapons that the infantry have?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Tinkershuffle

If you're into modern warfare Operation Star has couple of really nice addons that are also on sale atm.

Raied

I think I read somewhere in steam forum that the developers are working on the multiplayer, I hope they can do it and my wish is to give an option of WEGO system as well.
Mius front has better graphics and better interface (subjective), other than that they play very similar, at 80% off get Operation star, its really dirt cheap and it deliver so much, you can get the high texture DLC to bring the graphics close to mius front level, I would say get Operation star, play it and if you really like it, get the mius front later.
As the others mentioned, GT has a dynamic campaign, and also battles and maps are bigger than CM, those are the only advantages over CM I can see.

Destraex

The only thing I read was that the mius front campaign was capable of having a human player setup a defensive position in your scenario... which may or may not become reality some time soon.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"