Main Menu

FIW Fort siege game

Started by gameleaper, January 04, 2017, 06:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/airwar

Ive done an ASL type game, but with facing and flanking. it uses Terrain for defence and movement costs, has an A.I. and Hotseat option. I have made a load of info icons for moved fired moral and strength, aswell as for out of contack with HQ turn-based free,

its in war714 menu


bbmike

Does the facing now apply to the space module as well?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

#2
Quote from: bbmike on January 04, 2017, 06:24:40 PM
Does the facing now apply to the space module as well?

yes, what I mean is ASL dosnt have facing for infantry, but the game does

yes facing and big units in the space game v714. you also have the small unit option in space v611, both included

GJK

I'm confused Leaper, how do you know which hex the squad/unit it is since the hexgrid is much smaller than the pieces?  Wouldn't it make more sense to have the hexgrids larger than the pieces so that you could see which hex that they are in (and hopefully some of the underlying terrain so that you know what terrain they are in)?


By the way, ASL doesn't have facing for squads because I would think that a squad of 8-12 men would be able to quickly reposition as needed within the 2 minutes that a game turn represents to cover their flank/rear adequately.  Also, MG's (medium and heavy) *do* have covered arc's for the phase that they fire in if within a building, rubble, woods which of course covers the difficulty that it is to reposition the gun and to acquire a new target within that short time frame. 


BUT, let me say that anybody that can (and does) program an "ASL-like" game is going to get a look from me so I'll download and check it out here in a bit.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

#4
I thought the hex system could be like case blue or advanced tactics, where a big hex contains a number of hexex that are pieces of the bigger hex, also you can put all the same terrain in the big hex that would make a more readable map, the units on small hexes overcome stacking problems, by having all the units in there own part of the hex, you could put slightly different terrain in the bigger hex for som good effect, PREES "E" TO GET INTO THE EDITOR, THEN PRESS "w" TO SEE ALL THE WALLS AND lINE OF SIGHT.

I truly believe this method of shrinking the map vs bigger counters doubles the visible map, and overcomes stacking.

I take your Points about facing etc...you can see the terrain your in bottom left of the screen

at the moment I tried to get a star fleet battles type game for bbmike done for Xmass, but it was so much work, anyway I'm on track now, the finished version will soon have a 6 side facing that bbmike will like I think, I did the bigger counters versions and I'm desparetly trying to get the 6 side facing to work, I think I just cracked it, and poped in here for a break.


gameleaper

#6

I have not got isometric 3d like games with this.

Ive put the finished 6 facing sides files online, done it, SFB now is sort of getting there, just some clever modules designing.

gameleaper

no ones looking at the new image as from a glance looks the same, but its isometric and looks like real good effect, and its a working wargame

Michael Dorosh

Infantry does have some elements of facing restrictions in ASL - you need to use Covered Arc (CA) counters when firing an MG out of a building, for example, so for multiple ROF you can only fire one direction.

gameleaper

My little joke sounds like I'm saying face down dead, I just meant lying face down, I just got fact it sounds like that.

MG facing yep.

gameleaper

#10
https://numbergamer8.itch.io/acw-war

I made a FIW fort siege , its free and is on the proper games site, with no login required to download

I used the tactic of moving your cannon up slowly, like they did then.

the game uses dummy units for fort walls so they are destructible, and there is a lot so processing a turn is slow, you could put the module into
"SmallHexWarrior40x40v714" in the the other download for rorkes drift, and this game should run well as its the big map that slows it, I shall put it in the other game when I do a new zip, but I'm finished doing for now.

ok I put it in https://numbergamer8.itch.io/airwar and runs a lot faster, only has 4 facing and single map, but the module is only one map, and facing for the units in this period is ok to with 4