When I heard your FRIDAY I knew your name should be changed

Started by MetalDog, January 06, 2017, 06:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




My local weather man says I should have enough snow to bring life to a screeching halt some time today, so, that sounds like a gaming opportunity if I ever heard one.  I still have an ongoing Medieval 2: Total War campaign as Spain to finish.  There is some serious Warlock business to take care of, too.  And if the weather allows, it'll be the continuing adventures of our p&p D&D group Saturday night.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Heart  :smitten: :smitten:

The weather is a bullsheet here. It's in the 40s but is going to get colder throughout the day. But in four days it's going to be in the 70s again. The South doesn't understand the concept of winter.

I'm probably going to do some more boardgaming:

1) Dien Bien Phu (Legion Wargames)

(not really Vietnam, but whatever, this song is better than "in Vietnam it was nineteen...nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nineteen")



2) Fortune and Glory (again, played last weekend for the first time and loved the game)



3) U-Boat Leader




Tuna

You guys are having snow this morning too?

Probably the usual World of Warships.. Maybe some flying with Nef.. Continue my Attila Total War game. Maybe check out Age of Empires II HD, grabbed in the waning minutes of the Steam sale.

MetalDog

Weather man says this afternoon for the snow.  Hope B_C gets it, too.  It'll improve his mood, I'm sure. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on January 06, 2017, 07:18:43 AM
Weather man says this afternoon for the snow.  Hope B_C gets it, too.  It'll improve his mood, I'm sure. ;)

Nope, some "rain-sleet" northwest of us. It snows here maybe once every 10 years, and then it's usually a dusting that lasts an hour, if that.

Besides, what's wrong with my mood? Besides the usual I mean.

Tuna

Snowing hard here right now, but we're only 'supposed to' get a dusting. Another storm supposed to come tomorrow night. Don't mind the storms as much if it's on the weekend. Though we're supposed to move my son back to College on Sunday.

jamus34

Man I am all over the place with my gaming lately.

Starbound has taken most of my time since purchasing.

Heroes is always a wildcard if there are peeps on.

Now that I have a HD that can fit the library of Congress on it I re- downloaded world of warships.

HOI4 and Stellaris are always possible and I'm still looking to check out the new shinys in Witcher 3.

And of course some Wang is always possible thanks to shadow warrior 2
Insert witty comment here.

Rayfer

Here us southwest Michigan we've been in a lake-effect snow cycle on and off for weeks now. More expected today, along with 6 degree cold. Perfect gaming weather! All over the place this weekend; HoI4, SoW Waterloo and Pike and Shot.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 06, 2017, 07:04:10 AM
I'm probably going to do some more boardgaming:

1) Dien Bien Phu (Legion Wargames)

AHEM!!  Also, you're the Viet Cong in the FIRE IN THE GROGS forum game (at least during the test phase, but it's going so well so far we might just segue into the full game.)

Your catchup post for your options and what AzTank did on his part of Turn One (as the US player) can be found here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18567.msg492914#msg492914


ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Snow and cold here on the New York frontier as well. Must be January.

Continuing to squeal with delight through the Enderal mod for Skyrim as well as the Mercia campaign in Age of Charlemagne. Good times in both.

Metal Gear Solid V beckons, however...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Relatedly, we're still looking for one or maybe two players to fill out our forum game of FIRE IN THE LAKE. Panzerseast, you and Jomni expressed some interest -- let me know for sure, so I can reserve your playslot!

During our test phase, ArizonaTank has been randomly assigned to the US faction, and Banzai_Cat (as noted) to the Viet Cong. The next players in can have the NVA or ARVN at your choice.

If we only get one more player, I'll take the remaining side. (Yes, including the NVA since they got a bit of bad luck on the first draw.)

My absolute newbie tutorial of the game starts here, or you can skip down to AzTank's part of Turn One here, which also continues the tutorial (with some ditto information from previously).


Currently this is just the test to see how feasible it is for us to run the game if I'm using Tabletop Simulator as my game table to take snapshots and reports from. TTS is not required, although if players have that and want to play their turn in TTS you should ping me on Steam whenever I'm online and let me know. (Steam name: Sabreman)

Since the test is going well, I anticipate segueing directly into the full game instead of restarting.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Hope to be a couch potato and play some Dragon Age Inquistion or do a little Diablo 3 gear grinding.

JudgeDredd

Combat Mission:Shock Force - Highland Games - continue my campaign
Mass Effect - give it another go...
Something Else
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JasonPratt

Other than GM-ing FitL (I hope), I will definitely be playing more Mechwarrior Online, which has been the big winner in my Christmas games so far (no surprise, since I've been playing MW back to MW2).

And I expect I'll be working on finishing up my Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King grand campaign AAR, where I tried to keep Mordor, Isengard, Angmar and the Goblins from overrunning Middle-Earth as the Dwarves (while the Gondor/Rohan faction has completely pissed away all its territories  #:-) L:-) ).

I may be introducing a friend or two to classic Space Hulk boardgaming.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Order of Battle WW2 - Blitzkrieg - has been surprisingly excellent.