It's FRIDAY Jim, but not as we know it!

Started by Pete Dero, January 20, 2017, 06:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Sadly, not really possible with MWO: you can get friends to play with you on your team as a group, but no AI bots means you're always against enemy players.

I regard the spawn camping as a critical failure on our side to act as a proper team: we let the enemy push too far, and they just straight up outplayed us that far. Having achieved a superior curbstomping position by their cooperative competency to that point -- well, it sucks to be on the receiving end but the solution is to get friends you can work together with and come in as a team. The mode is designed to reward that kind of play.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

I don't dispute the value of teamwork.  If your side could have cobbled together a plan and the units to drive them away, that would be optimal.  I still think it's a dick move to shut down your opponents spawn site.  I'm sure if the positions were reversed, the wailing and gnashing of teeth would have been just as bad.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob