Sad news - War of the Roses servers shutting down late Feb :(

Started by Destraex, January 26, 2017, 09:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

OMG, M&B Napoleon online is just about as much fun as I've had online.  Just simple mayhem.  I'm talking about the free-for-all servers, not the formation RP servers.

Interesting you think Of Kings is gamey compared to WotR.  I didn't feel that way at all. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Destraex

I don't mind the Asian theme at all. I have had tiger knight for a while. However it is too laggy and hero oriented to play.
Was looking forward to the Romans though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Philippe

I'm rather partial to M&B Viking Conquest myself, but then I have a thing about forming shield walls.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Boggit

I still play Mount and Blade. There are some really cool mods for it, although I'm currently still playing Viking Conquest.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Philippe

I love Viking Conquest but still play Brytenwalda (both versions).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.


Destraex

Yes. It looked ok but is single player only. The AI and animations currently are not that impressive either. You know when you can tell in a cartoon when they have not included enough cards in the flick pack? Things look less fluid.
I also don't know if it is as good as roses system. I like the parrying but don't know if location damage and armour is modelled properly. I also love the helmet view.
It's being developed for console later which rings alarm bells about them restricting themselves on purpose to make the port more easy. So I don't know. Hard to know what the combat system is like from a video.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

I have not tried this but their is a chance that war of the roses may be playable again due to somebody making a new fix.
Could be a very risky deal as the file is obviously unofficial and by an unknown author while also being an executable.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"