Main Menu

Lost My FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, February 03, 2017, 01:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Quote from: bbmike on February 04, 2017, 08:54:57 AM
Quote from: Martok on February 03, 2017, 04:53:44 PM
No gaming for me this weekend, as I'm off to the woods of northern Wisconsin in another hour or so.  See you all on Monday!
Watch out for chupacabra! Or whatever haunts Wisconsin.

Werewolves and Bigfoot if I recall correctly.  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FarAway Sooner

For me, I'm finally starting up Stellaris.  Very early on, but so far, it's delicious!

Martok, what takes you to Wisconsin's Northern Woods in the middle of February?  25 years ago, I had a serious girlriend from Rhinelander.  Ah, beer at $0.20 a bottle...

Nefaro

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 04, 2017, 01:26:00 PM

Martok, what takes you to Wisconsin's Northern Woods in the middle of February?


Shub-Niggurath the Black Goat of the Woods with a thousand young.

JasonPratt

They give free cheese -- that's good!

The cheese is cursed -- that's bad.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, I played my first "divisional" command ever in the TC/SOW system this afternoon, teamed up with Asid as the French tried to conquer a fortified town somewhere in Prussia (maybe near where we're fighting in the forum kriegspiel run by Cyrano...?) I reaaaalllly can't figure out how a corps (much less an army) commander could get anything done in this game, not from AI underlings. But I endeavored to persevere, rarely ordering battalions around myself, mainly plotting my div's route to the battlezone, and then where and how we entered it, with some broad-stroke placement and advancement for my two brigadiers. (My arty got into the battle so hard I basically lost control of them, and also physically lost track of where they were. The game could benefit from at least giving me proper clues where to look when my head is in the saddle: in real life I could ask any of fifteen people nearby "Where the French-equivalent-of-deuce are my arty!!?" and at least build up an impression of an answer from pointing responses!)

Alas, we lost the fight, badly -- I'm not sure we ever even got near the city. The AI defended in depth, deployed in our direction. I was able to give almost as good as I got (about 980 casualties to 1100 taken), for a slightly negative score, but considering that I smashed a Netherland division (or two?) into hollandaise, and pressed them far away from their allies, while keeping my division alive and in good fighting shape, I'm willing to call my first div command a win. I was preparing to route a British force when the clock ran out a little faster than the Yanks were already withdrawing before I arrived! But my infantry div had randomly spawned about as far as possible from where the fighting would be, and I needed a good hour or more to even get where I could try to help him -- and he was chewed up meanwhile.  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Got to 10% complete in MGS V [after 25+ hours!] so it is time for a switch. Going to start Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut! Psyched.

Will also go back to Mad Max for a little bit too. Love that game...it's great for [legally, safely] getting out the road rage.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

This weekend was our Annual Guyz Weekend, I was hosting. My wife left Thursday morning and the guys started showing up Thursday night, and they all just left.. These are all friends I've been gaming with since high school.

Played many games of my new copy of Plague Inc.: The board Game. Yes it's base off the mobile app, which became a PC game as well. Great fun. Short rules, very well written, very tight. Easy to play but huge amount of depth and many ways to win. We played this 4 times with different winners each time through. Still haven't figured out a sure way to win.

Also played Conquest of the Empire II (all day Friday), Car Wars Card game, and Frag!

Huge amount of beer and food consumed.

Now to clean up and prep for my trip our west tomorrow.

MetalDog

I didn't know they made a second version of Conquest of the Empire.  Bring it to Origins and see if we can talk a few people into it ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

So I played Wasteland 2 for about two hours and then Underrail for about an hour and a half - I think I had more fun playing Underrail. I put Wasteland 2 away for the moment.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was pretty much housebound from the snow.  Played a few rounds of Labyrinth: The War on Terror with Barth.  Painted up 12 monk miniatures that I'm going to use to replace the wooden markers for the Ora & Labora board game.  Played some Warfighter: WWII as the Brits.  Completed 4 missions in the campaign before failing on the 5th one.   Played a bit of TW: Warhammer.  Gotta install some speed reduction and morale boost mods.  It's too twitchy for my tastes currently.  On Thursday, I installed some little game that I got from the HumbleBundle XCOM2 pack called Steamworld: Heist and I've already dumped way too many hours into it.  Lots of fun!

Gusington

^Tell us more about Steamworld.

Think I will be playing Mad Max in tandem with MGSV. Although I had some frustration with MGSV (like the autosave feature instead of saving anywhere) it's hard to switch from open world games like those to isometric games like Wasteland and even more throw back types of games like Underrail.

For me, anyway. Plus even after just one day away from MGSV I began to miss it!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Spent all afternoon until a few minutes ago beating Titanfall 2 from the beginning. So... a little over seven hours? Well, for a game that's mainly mp, that isn't bad, and besides it's a good cinematic production. Satisfied with the experience, but time to uninstall and do something else.

Gus: I sensed a distinct lack of Alien: Isolation in that list...  :P
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Alien Isolation is next once I get modern combat and aocalyptic games out of my system...so a couple of weeks. If I am still came cognizant after that, it will be Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 😎
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2017, 08:39:30 PM
^Tell us more about Steamworld.


It's this minus the dingleberry hosting the video.


Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2017, 08:39:30 PM
^Tell us more about Steamworld.

Knowing poop about said game, I do have a stupid, soft spot for the group that did the soundtrack for the thing.