Main Menu

Lost My FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, February 03, 2017, 01:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on February 05, 2017, 04:04:51 PM
I didn't know they made a second version of Conquest of the Empire.  Bring it to Origins and see if we can talk a few people into it ;)


The board is absolutely massive. 

Which can be good or bad depending on how much room you have available.

MetalDog

That explains the, "Played all day," that he was talking about. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

#47
It also has a second rule set option featuring some senatorial voting mechanic.  I've not tried that version yet.

I picked up used versions of this Eagle Games version of CotE, along with a used version of War! Age Of Imperalism, a few years ago on a retro area control game tear.


An example of the massive board (those are full-sized cards, for reference) ~~~>


Barthheart

That's the version I have. I got it in a swap about 5 years ago and we've only managed to play it a couple of times. We've always used the second rules set with the diplomacy, voting and alliances.
It requires a lot more thought and therefore time to play. Lots of tension and hard decisions because you never have enough time nor money to  do everything you need to.
You really need 6 players to get the most out of this version of the rules though.

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on February 06, 2017, 07:46:20 AM

You really need 6 players to get the most out of this version of the rules though.


That sucks.  I would like to try that version out at some point, but scheduling a 6-player day long game is probably nigh impossible.

MetalDog

I played the original CotE with my cousins back in the 90's.  It was a race to see who could buy the most catapults.  Would be interested in checking out the second iteration.  Not sure if there will be time at Origins.  I expect we could certainly round up enough players though ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Hofstadter

Protip. Don't play resident evil seven before bed.

I woke up in the living room at 1 am with my new combat knife stuck in the couch
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

HA! How is it otherwise? I am tempted by it's bloody siren song.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Hofstadter on February 06, 2017, 07:51:16 PM
Protip. Don't play resident evil seven before bed.

I woke up in the living room at 1 am with my new combat knife stuck in the couch

Hopefully you put it there!  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hofstadter

Pretty terrifyjng. My only problem is some of the graphics, Mira's hair is pixellated to hell and back and the outside beginning area is super blurry. Found threads on both

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/93848653164385278/2FB238F7264508977BE3F6BD849F585EE2AB642F/

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 06, 2017, 09:16:33 PM
Quote from: Hofstadter on February 06, 2017, 07:51:16 PM
Protip. Don't play resident evil seven before bed.

I woke up in the living room at 1 am with my new combat knife stuck in the couch

Hopefully you put it there!  :o

Yeah that was me, I have very violent night terrors
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

With a greater grasp of the political side of things I got in 3 hours of endless space 2, the humans have expanded to my right and the vodyani to my left - it's clobbering time

Barthheart

#57
Some pics from this weekends board gaming fest.

Frag to start things off:



The main event - Conquest of the Empire



And one of the many games of Plague Inc.: The Board Game:



My new table was hit. It was just large enough to spread out CotE properly.

Beer holders were functional... need to make them thermally isolated next. Also need to make the table cover.

undercovergeek

I'd happily saw something off gus for a gaming group, man cave and the time to do it

Sir Slash

Looks like fun even though no one's smiling. Love the table though.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.