Don't catch the vapors.

Started by Gusington, February 08, 2017, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I know many of you have played Plague Inc. for a while. I just got started and completed the tutorial. What an awesome game! I know that it can be tough to win, so I wanted to know what you guys recommend as far as strategy.

Additionally The Wife, as an MPH, found the game 'creepy but intriguing,' much like me. Maybe we can actually play together. Hope springs eternal!

Below images show you exactly how my game went over the course of about 45 minutes on the main screen. I didn't take any shots of my disease's transmission, abilities or DNA which would probably make giving advice on which ones to pick a little easier, but at least I did become aware of the tipping point for my plague to become too deadly.

How do I balance it out and win? And are most games of Plague Inc. short (like an hour or two) or am I being misled by the tutorial?



















✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Yeah, I got this early on and had a lot of fun with it. I have not played it in months, though. I got up to the Simian Flu and got distracted by other games. I really need to go back and play some more.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

There are 100s of mods in the Steam Workshop too.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart


Gusington

So I see your strategy was to work on transmission and strength against cures primarily, and then ramp up lethality as fast as possible. Does that same strategy work every time?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2017, 09:50:24 AM
So I see your strategy was to work on transmission and strength against cures primarily, and then ramp up lethality as fast as possible. Does that same strategy work every time?

No. The more advanced diseases need a more balanced set of tactics. It's hard to give specific ideas but you definitely get better at it the more you play. Generally though, try to stay off the radar as long as possible. When you get spotted, ramp up the lethality fast but not so fast you kill off all your hosts. Also do all you can to slow down research.

The specific disease types like Simian flu, the zombie plague, vampire plague are great fun and have very specific victory conditions that need very different ways to play.

Gusington

Thanks Bart. How long did the longest game you've played last?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Not long actually... maybe 40 minutes. You can always speed up time when things are slow at the start.... though I tend to play the entire game a normal speed so I can read all the news messages at the top. Some of those are very funny.

Gusington

Yeah I noticed :)

I don't usually play campaign games that take such a short amount of time to complete, cool.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Yeah it's nice that you can play an entire scenario in a single short session. Nice filler stuff when you get home late from work or early morning waiting on the rest of the family to get moving.

Gusington

Just what I was thinking...how novel! Good snow day game.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Played my second game...was looking really good as my infection rate was through the roof but I didn't get lethal enough quick enough. Game is addictive though, I will say that. Behold the Gusenpox.




More infectious than a cold! Mom would be proud.



Killed more than the 1918 Spanish Flu  :buck2:



...and smallpox  \m/


But it wasn't enough. There should be some kind of achievement for changing the world forever, like "Good Old College Try" or something  :nerd:


✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

You killed almost 613 million people. That's an achievement.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

glen55

Is the PC version different from the IOS version? I play it on my iphone.

I like to play with a virus and an increased-mutation genome. You hardly have to spend any dna on symptoms. Go deep on transmission with a lesser amount on cure, especially genetic hardening. Throw in a little all-weather adaptability.

It's still hard to get the balance just right. I've only wiped out humanity a few times in probably 30 or so games.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Barthheart

Quote from: glen55 on February 09, 2017, 12:35:28 PM
Is the PC version different from the IOS version? I play it on my iphone.

I like to play with a virus and an increased-mutation genome. You hardly have to spend any dna on symptoms. Go deep on transmission with a lesser amount on cure, especially genetic hardening. Throw in a little all-weather adaptability.

It's still hard to get the balance just right. I've only wiped out humanity a few times in probably 30 or so games.

I have both and the only difference is the graphics quality and the  Steam Workshop ability of the PC version.