Torment: Tides of Numenera releases tommorrow

Started by ghostryder, February 27, 2017, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ghostryder

Who's gonna bite? Being a Planescape Torment fan I'm kind of excited but I'm also fearful of a buggy release. Not to mention I really can't afford it right now. But if the user reviews are posative i may let a bill go a week late and get it...but again I'm deep into an xcom2 long war campaign. geez. driving me crazy!

jamus34

I will buy at some point but I cannot justify full price purchases anymore with the backlog I have.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Torment was a one-time only work-of-art I'm afraid. I'll settle for a good game and a really good sale.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on February 27, 2017, 06:39:41 PM
I will buy at some point but I cannot justify full price purchases anymore with the backlog I have.

+1

That price tag is serious business.  :hide:

Greybriar

Quote from: Nefaro on February 28, 2017, 12:05:55 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on February 27, 2017, 06:39:41 PM
I will buy at some point but I cannot justify full price purchases anymore with the backlog I have.

+1

That price tag is serious business.  :hide:

+1 & +1 = I agree on both points. The cheapest Torment: Tides of Numenera costs $44.99 at GOG.com, Torment: Tides of Numenera - Legacy Edition costs $64.99, and Torment: Tides of Numenera - Immortal Edition costs $84.99! ???
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Shelldrake

Interested but will be waiting for a sale in a few months to purchase.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

acctingman

I know it's Steam reviews, but it's getting pretty beat up there.

Sir Slash

RPG.com Has an overview of reviews posted on their site and all are very positive. Something that surprised me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ghostryder

The game press being what they are, and steam users being what they are--I'll just wait until someone here gives an impression post.

acctingman

Quote from: ghostryder on February 28, 2017, 11:54:07 AM
The game press being what they are, and steam users being what they are--I'll just wait until someone here gives an impression post.

I agree!

Groggies here are the best source for well informed reviews!  :notworthy:

Rybon66

I backed the Kickstarter, but my Wife is in the hospital so I won't be playing it for awhile.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rybon66 on February 28, 2017, 04:38:47 PM
I backed the Kickstarter, but my Wife is in the hospital so I won't be playing it for awhile.

Sorry to hear that.  Hope all will be well.

MetalDog

Quote from: Rybon66 on February 28, 2017, 04:38:47 PM
I backed the Kickstarter, but my Wife is in the hospital so I won't be playing it for awhile.


Prayers up.  Hope she is well soon.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mikeck

Quote from: acctingman on February 28, 2017, 09:59:24 AM
I know it's Steam reviews, but it's getting pretty beat up there.

Has there ever been a game that didn't get beat up by the droves of whiny bitchy 16 year olds that grow like fungus on the steam forums?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

spelk

(playing on PS4 version)
If you like interesting story and overarching character choices affecting the narrative, you'll like this. Theres a lot of textual prose to read.

I'm 4 and a half hours in, and I've had one combat battle (the tutorial one), and I've managed to talk my way out of another battle with a keen sense of deception.