I need a Warship to keep me FRIDAY

Started by Tuna, March 03, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna



Going to be doing some World of Warships of course. Try out Mech Warrior Online. Got a new laptop last week, so might try and get into Vicky 2 finally on that.

MetalDog

Lookee here!  Tuna finally starts a FRIDAY thread.  'Bout time, my friend!  And a great song, too :)

I have a Civ IV game I am going to get to.  Started out seven civ's on a standard Pangaea with Domination the only VC.  Two civ's have been eliminated, Holy Rome and the Ottomans.  My Spaniards are severely outnumbered by the leader, Asoka, in troops and land area.  However, Hammurabi just declared war on me and I think I can gain some ground at his expense.  We'll see.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

I bought Tron 2.0 and the Wing Commander I/II package last night over on GOG. Tried them both, they're both fun. I'd forgotten how labor-intensive (so to speak) games are from that bygone era, in that you have to either have the manual memorized or have it open in front of you while you play. I've tried the first mission in WC1 twice now - the first time an asteroid destroyed me (oops), the second time I made it back to the Tiger's Claw but ran into it while trying to figure out how the hell to dock, and my wingman died (not sure but I think she knocked herself silly against the carrier and blew up, lol). Will try a third time now that I know the proper keystrokes.

Also have an article on the Royal Fusiliers Museum to try to put together, as well as a buttload of board games I need to try to play.

JasonPratt

Working on my new secret AAR project, which will be substantially different than anything I've done before (and yet similar!  ^-^ Which is like being like what I've done before but different, except different!)

No doubt World of Warshiping somewhat. It'll be a long, long time before Tier 5. But I have plans. I am beginning to suspect I am never going to like doing anything other than cruisers, tho.

Hopefully helping Tuna (et al?) on trying out Mechwarrior Online. I've got things to do, this morning, so pretend I -- punned a haiku here?

Hopefully playing some more mp Scourge of War: Waterloo.

As much as I love ARK: Survival Evolved, I just don't think I've got the right mp group for my interests. I don't want it to be a game about how best to prank other groups. I may just play it sp.

Command Ops 2 keeps calling to me. I'm more-or-less holding off for now only because I'd rather start on the "Foothills of the Gods" and/or "Cauldron" missions (which feature the earliest war missions available in the system so far), and consequently I want to get my codes there ported over to Steam first. Several key bugs have been recently stomped, though, and that's good.

XCOM2: Long War 2 (and possibly some Long War 1 on my business computer) is likely at some point.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

 Rise of Flight and Day of Infamy are my go-to games for the time I've got left before leaving and being gone until later this year. Really smitten with those two games at the moment.

Gusington

Holy Rome and the Ottomans will be the name of my future band.

I will continue playing Sniper Elite II and Battle Academy 2. The waypoint saves in Sniper Elite really piss me off but other than that the game good enough to keep me coming back.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison



No games but a lot of reading and chores. 

Rayfer

Good song choice Tuna.  Back at HoI4 England with the 'Together for Victory' DLC.

CJReich46

Good choice of song Tuna.

As for me, I have off until Sunday 8am. 

So between debating what to get with my coupon from Slitherine. Either it is Polaris Sector, or Pike and Shot (or even Sengoku?).

I'll be playing Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom - building the city of Yin. (Shang Dynasty)

Stellaris - Got the updated New Horizons Mod and I am very impressed with it. I've also been playing with the Alpha Mod.





" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

jamus34

With whatever gaming time I get I'm thinking some EU4 / Vicky2 action interspersed with some Witcher 3 / Tales of Zestiria.
Insert witty comment here.

FarAway Sooner

I'm playing Stellaris but finding it a little grindy.  I'm probably doing something wrong or just getting too micro on the planet development, but it seems to be slow so far.  First game playing, and I like the various mechanics, but I'm just kinda waiting for something to happen and nothing's happening. 

I can't even figure out good guys versus bad guys.  I miss the Distant Worlds "Bugs and Angry Lizards versus Mammals and Benevolent Amphibians" archetypes...

Whenever I tire of that, I'll probably kick off my first real game of Sovereignty.

And, of course, playing Soda Dungeon with my young son.  He LOVES that game, and it's new for both of us.  Looking to gear up our first party of 3 Ruffians and 2 Soda Junkies.  I'd love to have a Conscript or two in my party, but beggars can't be choosers and since they're the ones doing the fighting for me, I have to take whatever riff-raff walks into my and my son's Soda Bar...

DennisS

Advanced Tactics Gold for me...fooling around with the unit creation tool, with auto-supply from their HQ. I just wished the AI didn't cheat so much.

They so vastly outproduce me, wars quickly become WWI static line trenches, with crazy high unit totals.


MengJiao

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on March 03, 2017, 02:21:32 PM
I'm playing Stellaris but finding it a little grindy.  I'm probably doing something wrong or just getting too micro on the planet development, but it seems to be slow so far.  First game playing, and I like the various mechanics, but I'm just kinda waiting for something to happen and nothing's happening. 


Stellaris sounds good -- and maybe some Flight sims