I need a Warship to keep me FRIDAY

Started by Tuna, March 03, 2017, 06:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

Bleh.  I will never, ever understand the Rolling Stones' appeal; bunch of ugly b******* with no talent.  They are my Nickelback.  :buck2: 






I plan to devote this weekend to fantasy grand-strategy, with Warhammer Total War (Bretonnia campaign) and Sovereignty (Brogen Hur campaign) on my plate.  Maybe a little BOTF as well (Klingons!), but overall am in more of a Tolkien-esque mood than sci-fi mood right now. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Having finally finished Pillars of Eternity-- The White March, I will now return to the world of Skyrim to kill a dragon or two and find my lost dog/companion. He's probably VERY hungry by now.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Hancock

Some WOW time with Jason and Tuna last night.  Between errands, the weekend shaping up as some serious time on Rome II (some of the mechanics of that sucker still escape me) and more WOW.

First post in a while due to some personal stuff, but back at it.
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hancock

"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Nefaro

Quote from: Hancock on March 04, 2017, 11:42:47 AM
Some WOW time with Jason and Tuna last night.  Between errands, the weekend shaping up as some serious time on Rome II (some of the mechanics of that sucker still escape me) and more WOW.

First post in a while due to some personal stuff, but back at it.


Mastering the campaign side of the Total War series has always primarily been about three things:

A) Keeping Unrest in newly conquered cities under control while still expanding at a somewhat steady pace.

B) Improving long-term income and troop quality by slowly improving & upgrading your settlements while, at the same time, keeping Squalor to a minimum.

C) Getting as many Non-Aggression Pacts, quickly followed by Trade Agreements for same, with some neighboring or nearby powerhouse factions.  Get this done as early as possible.  Do not let too many nearby foreign factions remain "neutral" because their friendliness always drops at a continuous pace.  Even faster if you're expanding militarily.  They will all inevitably declare war on you, at some point, unless you have some kind of an Alliance, or at least a Trade Agreement.   i.e. Don't get too gang-banged too early.

Hofstadter

I bought a case of varied Australian independant shiraz, a duck to roast and a new overwatch season.

Weekend set booooi.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hancock

Quote from: Nefaro on March 04, 2017, 06:58:48 PM

Mastering the campaign side of the Total War series has always primarily been about three things:

A) Keeping Unrest in newly conquered cities under control while still expanding at a somewhat steady pace.

B) Improving long-term income and troop quality by slowly improving & upgrading your settlements while, at the same time, keeping Squalor to a minimum.

C) Getting as many Non-Aggression Pacts, quickly followed by Trade Agreements for same, with some neighboring or nearby powerhouse factions.  Get this done as early as possible.  Do not let too many nearby foreign factions remain "neutral" because their friendliness always drops at a continuous pace.  Even faster if you're expanding militarily.  They will all inevitably declare war on you, at some point, unless you have some kind of an Alliance, or at least a Trade Agreement.   i.e. Don't get too gang-banged too early.

All of that for sure.  The balance is tough to maintain, particularly where you can develop only one tech at a time.  I also find some weird inconsistencies in what I would think would be logical progressions.  Example:  Italia province is happy as hell at 100 and growing. Yet,  I miscalculated on the building strategy as I have a severe food shortage to the point where I'm losing fighting men in huge chunks.  Don't know what the happy civvies are high on, but probably not weed........... 
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on March 03, 2017, 11:01:08 PM
WHAT

What indeed.  Still,  there are lots of iconic performers I don't get, so each to their own I guess.

Gusington

^Forgive him Father, for he has sinned...against the Rock 'n' Roll Church.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Hoo-boy.  Got my ass handed to me by the Skullsmasherz.  :-[  I gotta remember that Bretonnia's heavy cav really doesn't fare that well on rocky/hilly terrain... 


My Brogen Hur campaign is going better.  Nothing special yet; right now, just developing my lands and making treaties with the Human realms around me.  Planning to move against Cragenwaste in the not-too-distant future. 




Quote from: Gusington on March 05, 2017, 06:42:47 PM
^Forgive him Father, for he has sinned...against the Rock 'n' Roll Church.
Funny, that's what I'd say regarding the 'Stones.  ::)  I find them an abomination to music. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

WTF BRAH?? If I were stranded on a desert island with only one album I would be perfectly fine with that album being Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1964 - 1971. Granted that's really two albums but you know what I am saying.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on March 06, 2017, 02:15:11 PM
WTF BRAH?? If I were stranded on a desert island with only one album I would be perfectly fine with that album being Rolling Stones Hot Rocks 1964 - 1971. Granted that's really two albums but you know what I am saying.

Exile on Main Street (where this song came from) is one of my all time favorites.. also a double album. Allman Brothers Eat a Peach might make that list too.. I love Mountain Jam, all 33 plus minutes of it!!! Berry Oakley was an awesome bass player!