Creative Assembly Saves Crytek Black Sea To Create Creative Assembly Sofia

Started by AchillesLastStand, March 07, 2017, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AchillesLastStand

http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2017-07-03-creative-assembly-saves-crytek-black-sea-to-create-creative-assembly-sofia--1

Seemingly forever in financial trouble, it was only a matter of time before the reports of Crytek being unable to pay developer wages would mean the shuttering of yet another studio.

Thankfully, however, much like the last to be detached from Crytek's hold, another group has come and lapped up the talent hiding within the fallen company's payroll.



 

 

Being one of the main studios talking to the press about their lack of payment, Crytek Black Sea located in Bulgaria has been saved from ruin by Sega and merged to form another studio for its Creative Assembly division - the one behind the Total War franchise and Viking: Battle for Asgard - and renamed Creative Assembly Sofia.



A Former Crytek Employee Is Crownfunding His Legal Action Against The Developer



Crytek's current Managing Director, Avni Yerli commented on the deal saying "We are delighted to be able to announce that Sega's acquisition of Crytek Black Sea has been finalised along with the studio's transition from Crytek to Creative Assembly... We would like to thank the Sofia team for their passion and dedication and are looking forward to seeing them do great things as part of Creative Assembly."

They may have struggled over the holiday period with a lack of pay, but at least they're not out of a job by the end of it. With the sequel of Total War: Warhammer already well into development, there's a good chance the Sofia team will play a major role in the game's expansion.


Wonder if this means anything for a possible Knights of Honor 2 in the future?

Lowenstaat

"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Gusington

^Yes!

I will be shocked if that is not what they have up their sleeve.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Browsing through the threads I at first read something like "Create Assembly Sofa" and was reaching for the super neat "nuke spam" button Grogheads lets me play with. I'm almost disappointed  C:-) ::) 8) 

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

I stumbled across it online. There was no reference for it, no company mentioned, nothing. I wish I could say I created it myself but I'm ok with simply appropriating it. And thanks  8)

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 08, 2017, 08:55:37 AM
Quote from: Lowenstaat on March 07, 2017, 01:20:42 PM
Knights of Honor 2, please.

Backed by Creative Assembly. KNIGHTS OF TOTAL HONOR!  :D

I was actually thinking "hmmmm, how can they merge the TW and knights series together?"
Insert witty comment here.