Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Started by Millipede, April 05, 2017, 12:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Millipede

Sins:Rebellion just had a major update https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/04/05/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion-4gb-memory-support/ and it's on sale on Steam for $10 and I'm considering jumping in. Should I?

Gusington

I was just going to post the same exact question! Well done. What say you all?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Always been a fan of Sins. It's not for everyone but as far as RTS goes it's not bad.

I've probably put a couple hundred hours into it back in the day.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

I really hope this update doesn't break mods...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Millipede

Is there a speed adjustment? Is it pausable? I'm just not very good at frantic clicking.

solops

You can pause the game and give orders. You can also speed or slow the game. I like it, but do not play it as much as it deserves. Battles are cool visually.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Millipede

Excellent! That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks.

Gusington

I will probably purchase tonight - hard to resist for 10.00. How's the learning curve?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Millipede

I just finished installing and, in the start menu, there is a link to a YT tutorial vid and the 1st thing the narrator says is that he made the vid because the learning curve was steep and he didn't feel that the game tutorials were sufficient to get you comfortable with the game. We'll see.

Gusington

Eek...counting on you then, Millipede.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

This game is not "steep" in my opinion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Con

I totally forgot I even had this game.  Played the campaign and beat it and then put it away.  I am reinstalling it now since I have forgotten everything about it.  Its like gaming Alzheimers - I get to play it again like its new.

Con

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on April 06, 2017, 03:59:23 PM
I totally forgot I even had this game.  Played the campaign and beat it and then put it away.  I am reinstalling it now since I have forgotten everything about it.  Its like gaming Alzheimers - I get to play it again like its new.

Con

You may have gaming Alzheimers, but at least you don't have gaming Alzheimers.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Millipede

Quote from: Gusington on April 06, 2017, 03:09:20 PM
Eek...counting on you then, Millipede.
Double eek... counting on me could be an error since I'm currently deep into "Imperium Galactica" and it could be a while before I get to "Sins". Just had to get it now while the sale was on and it ends tomorrow. For what it's worth, just skimming the aforementioned tutorial vid... it doesn't look too overwhelming. I get the impression that the author just thought that the in-game tutorials were a little vague.

Gusington

Perfect! Everyone knows that my day of purchase is very very far ahead of my actual day of play. Except for Alan Wake which I bought and finished in the last two weeks. But that's the exception.

I could go by JH's claim of 'not steep' above but I know that he is smarter than me. What to do...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd