Some new Star Wars game

Started by Hartford688, April 11, 2017, 02:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hartford688

Probably no one here interested, but there is a rumour that Bioware Austin are working on a KotoR 3:

http://www.pcgamer.com/rumor-a-new-kotor-game-is-in-development-at-bioware-austin/

Tpek

I've been hearing rumours of KOTOR3 for quite some time now.

Hopefully they will turn out true. :)

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

I'm hoping they've hired Manveer Heir to work on it.  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

I don't dare hope this is true.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Hartford688

#5
It took me hours last night to fake that PC Gamer page...but worth it for the lulz

Joking aside - I just loaded KotOR 1 on my daughter's laptop on Sunday - and while she enjoyed the opening section she admitted a more modern version would be appreciated...

SirAndrewD

Rumors indicate it's apparently not KOTOR 3, but a canon KOTOR Reboot. 

Unfortunately now in the OP's posted article there are counter rumors indicate it's not happening.


"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Hartford688

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 11, 2017, 01:35:21 PM
Rumors indicate it's apparently not KOTOR 3, but a canon KOTOR Reboot. 

Unfortunately now in the OP's posted article there are counter rumors indicate it's not happening.

But...but...I want it to be true!!!!

You told your kids about Santa Claus as well, didn't you?!

SirAndrewD

I steal lollipops from toddlers and kick puppies too.

But, yeah, I'm bummed as well.  My wife e-mailed me that article yesterday and my loins moistened. 

I think there could be some serious problems doing a canon KOTOR though, at least as far as Disney would be concerned.  They might want to save that era for some other, more lucrative media in the future.  I think the MMO is the last product we're going to see that's Legends.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on April 11, 2017, 07:54:48 AM
I'm hoping they've hired Manveer Heir to work on it.  :hide:

#:-)

Swatter

Drew Karpyshyn (a lead writer on KOTOR and employee of BW Austin) confirms he is working on a new SW game. From what I have heard, they might not do the Old Republic era due to that now being considered "Legends". Whatever era it is, they are probably the most experienced SW developers out there. I would imagine we might see something like Dragon Age: Inquisition set in the Star Wars universe, at least thats what I hope.

SirAndrewD

#11
Quote from: Swatter on April 11, 2017, 10:22:44 PM
Drew Karpyshyn (a lead writer on KOTOR and employee of BW Austin) confirms he is working on a new SW game. From what I have heard, they might not do the Old Republic era due to that now being considered "Legends". Whatever era it is, they are probably the most experienced SW developers out there. I would imagine we might see something like Dragon Age: Inquisition set in the Star Wars universe, at least thats what I hope.

He confirmed he was working on a new game for Bioware, the Star Wars part was speculation.  As of today reports are that the new game is an entirely new IP. 

http://kotaku.com/that-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-rumor-isnt-1794215197
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback