Main Menu

Rogue Trooper Redux

Started by Gusington, May 04, 2017, 05:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

I admit I did not know there was an original game based on the comic 10+ years ago  :-[

And now a redux is in development. Not much in this video that shows the game itself but the idea is interesting enough.

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Con

Loved reading all the 2000AD comics...rogue trooper was one of my faves along with Fiends of the Eastern Front and Bad Company.  Never knew there was a game for Rogue

Con

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jack Nastyface

Considering that another one of my internetwebs avatar names is TheStrontiumDog, I of course picked up the 2006 title.  You can still buy it on steam:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/7020/Rogue_Trooper/

I liked the overall feel to the game, and it did have some cool features, like an interactive action menu that could pop-up like in SWAT 4 (?), but it was basically a run-and-gun from point A to B shooter.  I didn't play it much because I mostly don't like 3rd-person view games (okay...I sometimes use 3rd person to "peek around" in some flight sims, etc, but I am never in 3rd person view full-time).

Not sure if I would buy this one.  If it featured an open-world mechanic and modeled some of the elements of the comic book (random friendly GI soldiers, different factions, random supply dumps from space, weather or hazardous environments, personal upgrades, etc) then I think it might be okay.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.