Mit feure getauft: FRIDAY to one!

Started by JasonPratt, May 04, 2017, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Yeah, it's a little early for the Friday thread, but I figured I ought to do one while this is still relevant:



Naturally this means I'm going to be desperately fending off Barthheart's Polish winged hussars as they counter-blitz my outnumbered tanks, machine guns, and cannons, northwest of Wizna during the hilariously misguided Nazi attempt at kickstarting World War 2...

...wait, wat?!?!

...uh, yeah. Turns out Sabaton was right: if you don't bring 40 to 1 odds out of East East Prussia, your force will soon be undone. UNDONNNNNEEEEE...!

How undone? I'll be playing Turn 4 this weekend to find out. Go Poles!  :bd: :smitten:

(Annnnnd maybe also working on my other video AAR a bit, where I'm trolling myself as Stalin while bickering among myselves as FDR and Churchill, as the Axis powers laugh at my inability to pull that wagon across the stream together. Also, there will be unspeakable vocal impressions of these characters as I work on the audio to Turn 2.)

Whether or not I'll be able to join Asid again, at last, in fumbling my artillery setups with Scourge of War: Waterloo remains to be seen.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

It's Friday for me. Vacation time. Off til 5/15. Glorious! I will be traveling from 5/6 to 5/11 on my annual baseball pilgrimage (this year it's to Chicago and Cincinnati...never been to Cincinnati) but on the days when I am home I will be tearing through The Witcher 3. I think I can safely proclaim that it is my favorite RPG of all time, unseating Skyrim, mostly because of the cities (they're awesome) and the settings (they're awesome), the art (awesome)...well you get it. The Witcher 3 is just crackin'. Elsewhere on my HD lurks Medieval 2 TW, another favorite of all time. I feel like getting a Crusades game going at some point. Warhammer TW also lurks impatiently.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Also impatient: Alien and Batman.  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

Enjoy your trip, Gus!  Hope it's the Cubs and not the Sox you are going to see. 

Good luck not losing to Barthheart, or...erm...yourself(ves).

It's p&p D&D time again and I have to put together some more background for this week's installment (been procrastinating and now I am up against it). 

Researching the next Feeder Bracket (This week is 1961 (Watch sig line for links)). 

Digital gaming will be Civ IV SP and/or MP.  I am Holy Rome.  I've just lost four cities to the Vikings.  I am rebuilding my navy and arming to finish taking my closest neighbor, Byzantium.  As long as Ragnar doesn't declare on me again, I should be able to pivot and give him Round 2. 

In the MP, I am Mansa Musa of Mali.  I currently own the largest empire on the map.  I am woefully unprepared for war though and I have aggressive neighbors.  I am working to rectify both those situations with more soldiers.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Wow. Early indeed. What time zone are you in, Pratt?  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

^"Western Tennessee time"

MD - yes getting to see the Cubs :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

My weekend starts tonight as well.

Tomorrow is our annual trip to open my friends cottage. 6 guys with no running water, lots of beer, good food and board games.... oh yeah and the forecast of snow for Sunday.
Completely off the grid from tomorrow morning until some time Sunday afternoon.

Good times....  8)

Sir Slash

OK. I'll start the weekend early too. I've been trying to make a little progress in my CMRT Russian Campaign and working my way through the crowded streets of Waterdeep in Neverwinter Nights. So, something different? Maybe some Skyrim. Have a good one Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Well, its near midnight here. So besides the working part (short day tomorrow as we are readying for inventory) which I have off Saturday but a hellish morning Sunday. (7-1pm- lots of recount, stuff like that)

I've been playing a bit more of Pathfinder Card Game on my android tablet.

I don't really set up a gaming menu but here goes what I think I might get into.

Pike and Shot Campaigns - maybe a skirmish, campaign. I wish I could understand the tactics. That's where I'm weak at.

But I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing Saturday.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JudgeDredd

It's Friday here now - so I can legitimately take part without being chastised (good luck reprobates!).

Ghost Recon:Wildlands. My daughter has actually finished the story. She had used my save because I just thought she was going to jump on and then leave it. So I'm starting a new game from scratch.

I might carry on with either Project Cars or F1 2016.

I've got to be honest though, I'm in a wee gaming rut with the exception of Ghost Recon:Wildlands.

I think I'll give modelling a miss this weekend even though I started on my 1/72 scale Airfix RAF support vehicles set (too small for me...so, so small!). I might try and go through a board game rules...LnL Falklands has been calling me for some time. Or maybe I'll just setup (for some quick play) my beloved Phantom Leader
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Wildlands for sure.

There is free weekend for The Divison. Is it good? How is it compared to Wildlands? Or shall I just stick with Wildlands.

I heard about Player Unknown Battlegrounds. I might try it out.

Kushan

Have a crap ton of chores to do inside and outside of the house this weekend. Finally have a decent whether forecast for a weekend I'm actually off, so along with the usual everyday chores and cleaning, I have to cut my way through the jungle that is my yard. The reward for accomplishing this herculean feat will be getting to lounge around with some beers and BBQ. It will be a hard fought battle but I will emerge victorious.

In whatever free time I have I'll mainly be playing Aurora, with some mix of CMANO, The Division, Stellaris, and Steel Division thrown in.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on May 05, 2017, 01:11:04 AM
Wildlands for sure.

There is free weekend for The Divison. Is it good? How is it compared to Wildlands? Or shall I just stick with Wildlands.

I heard about Player Unknown Battlegrounds. I might try it out.
The Division has some issues (what I would call issues anyway) and not dissimilar to Wildlands. However, I can honestly say I really enjoy it and need to put into it more...just Wildlands is sucking all my gaming time.

I think it's the only game that's ever made me feel proper cold. If there's another one out there I can't remember it. Running around finding pieces to build up your base and arsenal is cool, albeit a bit repetitive. The missions are quite cool. I always found the AI to be pretty challenging too.

I don't like multi player normally but co-op was fun. Transition from single player to co-op always seemed to be seamless. I mean, there's a loading screen but there's a loading screen when going in to do missions on your own anyway...it's just that in co-op, you have some help. I don't recall having any problems with co-op in missions but I learnt very quickly to stay away from The Dark Zone if I want to have a stress free game.

When you're playing The Division remember to stay within your area of skill...going outside by anymore than 5 will get you down quickly  :pullhair:

It's definitely worth pulling down for some free play  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

#13
I will continue my Psilon campaign in Master of Orion CtS...have to be more aggressive towards the Meklars (number one) and have to take Orion otherwise i won't be able to win this game...

MengJiao

Quote from: Kushan on May 05, 2017, 01:18:29 AM
Have a crap ton of chores to do inside and outside of the house this weekend. Finally have a decent whether forecast for a weekend I'm actually off, so along with the usual everyday chores and cleaning, I have to cut my way through the jungle that is my yard. The reward for accomplishing this herculean feat will be getting to lounge around with some beers and BBQ. It will be a hard fought battle but I will emerge victorious.

In whatever free time I have I'll mainly be playing Aurora, with some mix of CMANO, The Division, Stellaris, and Steel Division thrown in.

    Maybe some CMANO.  Definitely some Naval Action.  Possibly some Graviteam Tunisia.