Mit feure getauft: FRIDAY to one!

Started by JasonPratt, May 04, 2017, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Vintage Dude

Gus,

Cincinnati is my home. If you haven't already left, check out the "Banks". It's the area along the river between the Red's and Bengal's stadiums. It's all nice bars and restaurants.

Ubercat

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 04, 2017, 05:42:44 PM
Yeah, it's a little early for the Friday thread, but I figured I ought to do one while this is still relevant:
How is this relevant at all? It won't be my grandfathers birthday for months, yet.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
My grandpa's B-day was September 1st. (Yeah, I know. The relevance was from your AAR.  :D)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

mikeck

Quote from: Beowulf on May 06, 2017, 04:49:12 AM
Quote from: mikeck on May 06, 2017, 12:15:12 AM
Naval Action and some Wars of Secession Beta work.

Another title? AGEOD must be very busy  :coolsmiley:

It's been in Beta for about 6 months. It is VERY good. NDA means I can't get into details but AGEOD definitely learned to "stay in their lane" and avoid overextending the engine with games like Wars of Napoleon or To End all Wars. This is more like "30 years war". I've been an AGEOD fan since BOA and I'm telling you that this is the best one yet. Everything is "right" and it's  The perfect time. And style of conflict for the engine.
They must be busy because development has slowed but as far as I'm concerned seems pretty good to go to me as-is.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Thank you Vintage Dude. We head to Cincinnati on Tuesday. Will definitely check out The Banks.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Well I wasn't really in the mood to game, but I fired up Mount and Blade for some MP mayhem.  But it just wasn't clicking, so after two matches I bailed.

I'm laying there in bed with my laptop perched on my big fat belly and I'm really about ready to call it a night, and I see I have Audiosurf installed.  When did I install that?  Purchased in 2012 and played a total of 100 minutes.  Huh.  So what the hell, let's see what that is all about.

Click it on, select novice.  It asks to select a song, so I go into my music folder and randomly pick this:



And then for the next 54 minutes I go on quite the ride!  Not exactly an exciting gaming day, and not what I was expecting, but damn that was a good way to close out the day!  Fun little game, I could see it being a lot more fun with some NiN or AiC or something. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jamus34

Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2017, 07:04:14 AM
Well I wasn't really in the mood to game, but I fired up Mount and Blade for some MP mayhem.  But it just wasn't clicking, so after two matches I bailed.

I'm laying there in bed with my laptop perched on my big fat belly and I'm really about ready to call it a night, and I see I have Audiosurf installed.  When did I install that?  Purchased in 2012 and played a total of 100 minutes.  Huh.  So what the hell, let's see what that is all about.

Click it on, select novice.  It asks to select a song, so I go into my music folder and randomly pick this:



And then for the next 54 minutes I go on quite the ride!  Not exactly an exciting gaming day, and not what I was expecting, but damn that was a good way to close out the day!  Fun little game, I could see it being a lot more fun with some NiN or AiC or something.

If you want to torture yourself try some Dragonforce
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

I can't believe what mindless fun Audiosurf is.  I've been playing it the last hour.  Two awesome songs: NiN: we're in this together now and Ministry: Jesus built my hotrod.  OMFG so much fun.   :notworthy:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I'm downloading the demo for Audiosurf 2.  Looks like they have two surfing modes...this might be my new go-to game on Friday scotch night.  I understand it has direct connectivity to Youtube...if that's the case... well, insta-buy I suspect!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jamus34

Quote from: Toonces on May 07, 2017, 03:01:58 PM
I can't believe what mindless fun Audiosurf is.  I've been playing it the last hour.  Two awesome songs: NiN: we're in this together now and Ministry: Jesus built my hotrod.  OMFG so much fun.   :notworthy:

We're in this together is an incredible song. Also try Right Where It Belongs (#13 on With Teeth)
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

With-a Teeth-a s a very good album.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Got some World of Warships in with Nef and 2ndACR on Friday night.

Went out to eat with some old work friends and their spouses last night.

Buzzed around in the JU-88 in IL2 today.

Good weekend!

Toonces

Yeah, I got a hella lot of gaming in today, an exceptional amount for my gaming lately.

Finally booted up NCAA '11 on the Xbox360 that I got used about 6 months ago.  I thought it looked really, really good and the little differences (and some big) from Madden were interesting.

Then moved to ARMA 3 and the KotH servers.  I'm not sure what happened, but my profile was swiped so I'm starting from Level 1 again, which really aggravates me.  Not sure if there was a master swipe, or if they swipe you if you don't play for so many months or what.  Frustrating to have to start over from scratch again.

And Audiosurf, which I mentioned earlier.  Heh, it seemed like more gaming when I was doing it, this list is actually pretty lame.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Saturday was a wipe after all, as I ended up out of town all day and completely fall-into-bed exhausted when I got back. (Moving furniture with some assembly/disassembly, then nieces.)

But, I did get Turn 4 played and sent off to Barth today, and made got the next episode scripted tonight. I'm glad I got the Sabaton video in, because I'm not entirely sure I'm going to survive the Polish onslaught before next Friday!  :timeout: :wow:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!