Wish we could turn back time, to the good FRIDAYS

Started by MetalDog, June 09, 2017, 05:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

I was going to play Naval Action, but it has become very grindy since the big update and wipe.  I lost my only warship being stupid this morning before work and now I'm looking at two days of crafting/trading just to get back to where I was. Blech.

Hearing all the good stuff about Knights of Honor makes me want to get that fired up or maybe some Stellaris. 

I should try Civ 6 again sometime too.

Sooooo many games.

W8taminute

My order of 'War of the Ring' board game came in this week along with some Chessex Dice (two sets, red and blue), a dice cup, and a ginormous hexagonacle dice tray.  So I'll probably spend time with it.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

I bet that's not the first time Cher straddled a 16in-er. But not lately of course. I've made it to the final battle of CMFI's Conrath's Counterattack campaign, so if I get quiet time to stragte-gize, that's where I'll be. Waiting on the AI to clobber me with something I can't see even though the terrain is flat and open as far as the German eye can see. Probably naval gunfire because the sea is visible in the distance. Otherwise I will tangle with Alea Jacta Est's Samnite campaign.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Gal Civ III with the crusade dlc, Sudden Strike 4, cold waters, and a whole lot of Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries. Even after all this time and even with the somewhat dated graphics, this remains such a fantastic game...they just don't make them like this anymore.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 09, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
...they just don't make them like this anymore.

And this is the problem with modern gaming. Fun doesn't matter anymore.
Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart

Quote from: jamus34 on June 09, 2017, 12:08:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 09, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
...they just don't make them like this anymore.

And this is the problem with modern gaming. Fun doesn't matter anymore.

You mean old people fun, like thinking and plot and story....  ;)

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on June 09, 2017, 12:13:43 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on June 09, 2017, 12:08:53 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 09, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
...they just don't make them like this anymore.

And this is the problem with modern gaming. Fun doesn't matter anymore.

You mean old people fun, like thinking and plot and story....  ;)

tiresome details that get in the way of the pew-pew
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

CJReich46

Me, I'm off today but working tomorrow and Sunday. (Yay retail  :uglystupid2:)

Gaming wise:

Pike and Shot Campaigns.- still skirmishes right now. I have been just doing open battle, might try attack or defend or reinforcements.
Knights of Pen and Paper II (on my tablet)


Debating on which to get with my 30% D-Day special - Heroes of Normandie (and DLC) OR some extra DLC for Battle Academy.
Not to mention GOG.com has their summer sale (?)


" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

I did finally pick up Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich (and CC: Longest Day) from Matrix while on sale, but I doubt I'll be doing much with either of them. My main focus is getting Turn 6 of DC:Blitz back to Barth, if I have any Germans left I can scrap together...


It is conceivably possible I'll play some SD44 again eventually. Also, though less likely due to time constraints in working on the Turn 6 ep, running the next Churchill turn.

Since I started creating AAR videos for two sets of people, I'm also doodling around trying to find something entertaining for the nieces to watch me doing, ideally with both of them as "characters". At the moment I'm considering XCOM: Long War, with the girls being two of the soldiers. I'd only do missions with one or both of them on board, and only do some highlights of other missions where necessary for plot purposes. On the other hand, their parents (especially the Mom) might not appreciate seeing the girls pewpewing aliens in the head (and vice versa)!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao


Steelgrave

I've been playing Diablo III and Sheltered this week. Forecasts are for it to continue deep into the weekend.

MetalDog

Quote from: CJReich46 on June 09, 2017, 08:43:17 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on June 09, 2017, 06:50:32 AM
Stellaris with the Utopia dlc.
MD...I usually like your music choices, but this one was meh.

Ditto. I have to hear that OVER AND OVER at work.  :tickedoff:


Sorry, fellas.  I actually got caught out this morning when I found noone had made the FRIDAY thread.  My granddaughter and me were listening to this last night and it was the only thing that came to mind quickly.  So, there we are.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Quote from: Barthheart on June 09, 2017, 08:11:07 AM
:wow:  :timeout:  :hide:

I can throw something up here that I guarantee will make you forget about Cher. The question is do you want to take the risk, we'll do ya, punk?
Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart

Quote from: jamus34 on June 09, 2017, 06:15:23 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 09, 2017, 08:11:07 AM
:wow:  :timeout:  :hide:

I can throw something up here that I guarantee will make you forget about Cher. The question is do you want to take the risk, we'll do ya, punk?

Yes sir!