Wish we could turn back time, to the good FRIDAYS

Started by MetalDog, June 09, 2017, 05:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jamus34

Quote from: Barthheart on June 09, 2017, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on June 09, 2017, 06:15:23 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 09, 2017, 08:11:07 AM
:wow:  :timeout:  :hide:

I can throw something up here that I guarantee will make you forget about Cher. The question is do you want to take the risk, we'll do ya, punk?

Yes sir!

You asked for it...

Insert witty comment here.

Barthheart


Staggerwing

Quote from: jamus34 on June 09, 2017, 08:06:17 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 09, 2017, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on June 09, 2017, 06:15:23 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on June 09, 2017, 08:11:07 AM
:wow:  :timeout:  :hide:

I can throw something up here that I guarantee will make you forget about Cher. The question is do you want to take the risk, we'll do ya, punk?

Yes sir!

You asked for it...


Song gets even better with the Leo Moracchioli treatment:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Will be alternating between World Of Warships and Cold Waters.

Was hoping for a bug fix beta or two on the latter, for the weekend.  But no go.  It'll get some heavy play/petting for a long time, so no worries.   :smitten:


Hrmm.  Navy themed run & gun.  Navy themed cat & mouse.....      I guess this means my weekend is full of seamen. 

airboy

I went to the Southern Fried Game Expo this weekend.

I played a lot of pinball.  A lot of pinball.  A whole lot of pinball.  I rolled a couple of machines (that means you go past the max score and start over) and got my highest score ever on a couple of machines.

Of the brand new pinball machines:
Aerosmith was pretty good.
Batman (1960s) was Awesome!
Houdini was very good.
ACDC was very bad.  There is a severe playfield flaw that causes the ball to drain straight down the playfield about 50% of the time after you launch the ball or put it back up the field to increase the x-times bonus.  This became very clear throughout the weekend until people were not playing it very much at all.
I did not play the Wizard of Oz game.  There was a constant line and there was only one of those machines at the venue.

I liked Batman as much as I like Mars Attacks which is one of my favorite releases in the last 8 years or so.

Some arcade games (mainly racing and shooting).

I played Pathfinder Card Game for the first time.  Maybe I can play the set my wife gave me a year and a half ago.

I played Fluxx and was not that impressed.  Probably a good kids game but, not that impressed.

I also played some Marvel Munchkin.

jamus34

Quote from: airboy on June 11, 2017, 10:17:18 PM
I went to the Southern Fried Game Expo this weekend.

I played a lot of pinball.  A lot of pinball.  A whole lot of pinball.  I rolled a couple of machines (that means you go past the max score and start over) and got my highest score ever on a couple of machines.

Of the brand new pinball machines:
Aerosmith was pretty good.
Batman (1960s) was Awesome!
Houdini was very good.
ACDC was very bad.  There is a severe playfield flaw that causes the ball to drain straight down the playfield about 50% of the time after you launch the ball or put it back up the field to increase the x-times bonus.  This became very clear throughout the weekend until people were not playing it very much at all.
I did not play the Wizard of Oz game.  There was a constant line and there was only one of those machines at the venue.

I liked Batman as much as I like Mars Attacks which is one of my favorite releases in the last 8 years or so.

Some arcade games (mainly racing and shooting).

I played Pathfinder Card Game for the first time.  Maybe I can play the set my wife gave me a year and a half ago.

I played Fluxx and was not that impressed.  Probably a good kids game but, not that impressed.

I also played some Marvel Munchkin.

A game expo devoted to the silver ball? Man i really need to start looking for these things. Glad you enjoyed!
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

#36
It's becoming increasingly more difficult to predict my weekend gaming activities. I troll YouTube and steam a lot looking for game releases, early access titles, and mods I may have missed. I more often than not find something.

This weekend I found a few impressive mods for the original Crysis. This game has always been considered the best of the series, and with the mods running it's hard to believe to it's a 10 year game. Technically, the game was well ahead of its time and at release, it was capable of doing things that current generation hardware just couldn't support.

Running with a graphics mod at 4K the game looks better than many AAA titles being released today and with a tactical expansion mod, it plays better than most current gen twitch shooters.

So, of course, most of my weekend was spent playing a game I bought 10 years ago. Although I did play some Cold Waters, the balance of my game time was spent with a great mod for Men of War AS2. It models The American Revolution, Civil War and fighting out west. I played mostly the Battle of Bunker Hill. Very impressive mod, especially since it was made by a bunch of Russians. LoL. I plan on doin a Let's Play of this mod eventually, just to help get the word out. There are so many awesome mods for this game. The game system and editor are just so flexible. You can model practically anything...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Well - Cold Waters and Star Wars:Rebellion boardgame pulled me away from Ghost Recon:Wildlands - at least temporarily
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Gusington

My Gothic Empire was virtually destroyed by the Sassanids and the Garamantians (sp?)...we were pushed back all the way across the Med from where we came from and wracked by civil war too. We have one wrecked province left 😞
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My Goths aren't doing so well either. I headed for Constantinople but the Dacians were already there and took the place ahead of me. I created them as a Vassal and now they own all of the Balkans practically.  :o  I NEVER do that good in my other campaigns. So we head for Italy but there's a traffic jam of other factions ahead of my guys backed-up to Salona. So I've settled for whacking some little factions just for something to do beside camp and build things. Kind of boring.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Yeah Attila can get dull sometimes when the objective is to just survive, but that didn't happen in my current Goth campaign. I had some great build-up, then reached my gothic event horizon at the gates of Antioch...where the Sassanids took notice. I was the number 2 faction in the world, behind them. Then they laid the smackdown, hard, declared war with about 20 allies and satrapies, and reduced me to about #55. I bounced back last night and consolidated my one remaining city (Corinth), and now have one full stack army. I'm also making a bit of money. But I did get body-slammed, hard, Sassanid style.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And they seem so friendly when you first meet them. They are all, "Hello, we are Sassanids and VERY happy you've come to the neighborhood. By the way, do you prefer cremation, burial, or just being left to be eaten by buzzards"? Fooled me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

They didn't even slow down their steamroller for me! All the other factions stood around and laughed...until they turned the steamroller around and went bug nutty throughout the Med!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd