Paradox offers free games to compensate for bungled price increase

Started by Greybriar, July 07, 2017, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

Just found out about this bit of news and thought I'd pass it on. Read more about it at PC Gamer or Gamer News Daily. The news is out practically everywhere PC gamers frequent.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.


fabius

Thanks, I didn't notice this on the pdox pages.

I bough Steel Div, so now have a dilemma:
Stellaris or
DLC for Hoi

jomni


Destraex

Yes. How do you know? I potentially purchased things but don't remember exactly when... I know I can check. But I have the weekend to enjoy!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Hofstadter

I purchased Steel division within that timeframe, though I dont think the price change affected australians
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

fabius

Quote from: Hofstadter on July 08, 2017, 12:11:50 AM
I purchased Steel division within that timeframe, though I dont think the price change affected australians

No but that Pdox page says if we bought it in anything but US dollars in that time frame

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

sandman2575

Quote from: fabius on July 07, 2017, 03:55:48 PM
Thanks, I didn't notice this on the pdox pages.

I bough Steel Div, so now have a dilemma:
Stellaris or
DLC for Hoi

Stellaris hands down. DLC for HOI4 is 'highly optional' at best... 'highly disappointing' and 'missed opportunities' is how I'd describe it, less objectively.

fabius

Quote from: sandman2575 on July 08, 2017, 08:27:47 AM
Quote from: fabius on July 07, 2017, 03:55:48 PM
Thanks, I didn't notice this on the pdox pages.

I bough Steel Div, so now have a dilemma:
Stellaris or
DLC for Hoi

Stellaris hands down. DLC for HOI4 is 'highly optional' at best... 'highly disappointing' and 'missed opportunities' is how I'd describe it, less objectively.

Have some weird logic going on:

I play Hoi4 a lot. But I don't play Stellaris  :uglystupid2:

sandman2575

I thought you meant buy Stellaris (base game) vs. DLC for HOI4.

I play tons more HOI4 than Stellaris, but Stellaris is still terrific and very much worth playing if you haven't yet. HOI4 DLC has been very disappointing to me -- really just new focus trees for nations I never play. I'm not one to harp on Pdox's DLC practices -- in general I think Pdox offers great DLC -- but the 2 HOI4 modules are simply overpriced for what they offer.

fabius

Quote from: sandman2575 on July 08, 2017, 01:42:20 PM
I thought you meant buy Stellaris (base game) vs. DLC for HOI4.

I play tons more HOI4 than Stellaris, but Stellaris is still terrific and very much worth playing if you haven't yet. HOI4 DLC has been very disappointing to me -- really just new focus trees for nations I never play. I'm not one to harp on Pdox's DLC practices -- in general I think Pdox offers great DLC -- but the 2 HOI4 modules are simply overpriced for what they offer.

That's the weird logic- I don't have Stellaris yet.

Agreed DLC has been very light weight and disappointing. I get that they said they wanted to focus on getting base game right but still seem like that team's output is low. That said, nice to see that they have 3 additions to the Hoi team including a 2nd AI guy.

Destraex

I probably used Paypal on steam which would mean to Paradox, I paid in US dollars. But then.. I guess they would recognise the price I paid. Because it would be above the US price.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Surtur

"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

MC

Quote from: Surtur on July 12, 2017, 10:33:12 AM
Did anyone get a free game yet?

No, I haven't, especially since I paid in US dollars. I say its Un-American, but maybe that is the point.  :D


GOT:
Robert Baratheon: You're too fat for your armor.